Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Watched this yesterday:

Badlands is the basis, but base or Black Diamond with Squatch are other start points.
This is actually a bad video. A good reason why I don't take YouTube videos to heart. My problem is he talks up the manual transmission with the crawler gear as what he would want. Which I agree with. So he states why he would not want the Wild Track because it comes standard with the 2.7 and Automatic transmission and is more geared towards high speed Baha racing. Which i agree with. And he doesn't want that.

I also agree with the Sasquatch and Base combo being good and the Black Diamond. And him picking the Badlands as the best from the factory and his choice.

Where he lost me is when talking about the Badlands being his choice he then starts talking about he can live with the fact that it only comes standard with the Automatic transmission. And in this case he's fine giving up the Manual because of all the other stuff it comes with.

Um?? No. The Badlands comes standard with the Manual. The Wild track as he stated earlier comes standard with the Auto. So you will get the manual transmission with the Badlands and the last part of his entire speech is wrong. Lol.

Or im wrong because I'm tired as hell right now because I got no sleep and I heard things in the video that really weren't there and I'm confused. ?
Sponsored

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
In my opinion a good set of 32" or 33" tires is all you need for Overlanding and Adventure offroading. I think there's more important stuff then 35 inch tires that the Black Diamond and Badlands comes with from the factory. Like locking diffs heavy duty Bash plates and rock sliders, auxiliary switches, rubber and vinyl interior with drain pugs, steel bumpers that you can attach a winch to and more.

Which is part of the reason I'm torn between going with a Base + Sasquatch. Or getting a Black Diamond. I think the Black Diamond comes with an awful lot of stuff that would get expensive trying to add it to the Base. I could be wrong but well see. I'll know more when the pricing comes out for the packages. I feel like for the money the Black Diamond may be the best choice. If money is not an issue then Badlands if we're just talking standard options.

Regardless which you pick technically all of these Broncos are amazing and would be good in the end. Im splitting hairs here. Especially with all the accessories that will be available from the factory. You basically can take the Base and build a Beast if you wanted to.

Proudy202

Black Diamond
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think there's more important stuff then 35 inch tires that the Black Diamond and Badlands comes with from the factory. Like locking diffs heavy duty Bash plates and rock sliders, auxiliary switches, rubber and vinyl interior with drain pugs, steel bumpers that you can attach a winch to and more.
So this is my thinking which is why I'm on with a BD my only issue with not going with the Sasquatch is the front locker...if I can add this to a BD a la carte that will be perfect! But yeah the 35s aren't top of my list!!!

Ash

Sponsored

Sergio El Bailador

Black Diamond
First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Watching this...

I've been wanting to get into overlanding for the last year or so and the Bronco is gonna be my gateway, intrigued to know what people's views on builds are, I've only reserved a Big Bend as I'm trying to stay under $40k...But I was going with Sasquatch mainly for the lockers etc, if they can be had separate without the package that could be an option!

I can't wait for next month and the build and price!

Ash
Ford said the rear locker will be available as a standalone option.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford said the rear locker will be available as a standalone option.
on certain models. big bend and out banks i think. base requires sasq, and black diamond and the other models come with the rear locker.

BeerRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not sure about Sasquatch do to tire size. What situation overlanding, or where might I be when a front locker is needed? Would a front bumper and winch be a better option and provide more uses?
:
Items not necessarily from the factory - if you really are going off road
Protect the bottom - skid plates
Protect the rockers - rock rails
Hi lift type of jack - think about what jack will come with the Bronco
Paint protection (branches on a narrow trail dont give a damn that you are driving a brand new rig!) - I have heard and am looking into ceramic paint protection
or maybe Plasti-dip the whole thing
Dual batteries - probably not- take a look at the new Ranger positive battery post octopus wiring and read up on Battery Management.
CB radio, Ham radio. Remember the cellular in cellular phone means a cell, and they arent always in the middle of the desert or on top of mountains.

Draykas

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL rubicon, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i am using my 2019 ranger for overlanding now and my Bronco bnuild will be:
Badlands 4dr
2.7L
Auto
High package
Sasquatch(debateng due to cost)

Sponsored

Hank 615

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4dr Badlands 2.7/Auto with hard top, beadlocks, and High package

No sasquatch package because apparently it comes with bigger bumpstops. I'll just wait for aftermarket high-clearance fenders to hit, then put those on with some 35s.

JMV123

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F350/2015 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Currently have a nice setup for overlanding but when I want to go further back country I am looking at the Bronco:
2.7L/ Auto
Sasquatch pkg
High Pkg
Tow pkg
Roof racks
MIC Hardtop
Keyless entry
Smittybuilt Winch/ probably aftermarket bumper with LED fog light
LED Light bar
Slide out Tailgate

Reay to go out of the box!

Pic of my current overland rig. May flat tow the Bronco to some locations

Utah Valley of the Gods 006.jpg

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Currently have a nice setup for overlanding but when I want to go further back country I am looking at the Bronco:
2.7L/ Auto
Sasquatch pkg
High Pkg
Tow pkg
Roof racks
MIC Hardtop
Keyless entry
Smittybuilt Winch/ probably aftermarket bumper with LED fog light
LED Light bar
Slide out Tailgate

Reay to go out of the box!

Pic of my current overland rig. May flat tow the Bronco to some locations

Ford Bronco The Ideal Overland 2021 Bronco Build Utah Valley of the Gods 006
Now THAT’s how you do it. Beautiful picture too, wallpaper material. You may give TFL’s overland F-250 a run for it’s money.

Saskwah

Big Bend
First Name
wess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can we please get Vara Gun locks in our broncos

E49971D6-4768-4C7E-8B49-688A6ACE5621.jpeg

Matt P

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From the build and price tool the factory roof rack seems to eliminate the SAS package. Any idea why. I am interested in an over landing rig as well.
Sponsored