Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Excellent point
Isn't there a difference in suspension as well? Last year everyone was on board with Ford Sas Vs DIY Sas. Now it seems that sentiment has flipped?
Sponsored

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think you're right
That might be it as advanced is not technically part of the sas package.
Neither was auto but it added it before. Similar to when you upgrade to Mid in BB/BD it adds Auto. It's not part of it, but it's a prerequisite so it adds it.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could go BD with mid and enjoy many of the Badlands perks while saving a couple grand.
But you can't get 7MT with MID on BD

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could go BD with mid and enjoy many of the Badlands perks while saving a couple grand.
But then no Sasquatch package w/ a Manual Transmission.
Just for reference doesn't the sasquatch package remove the crash bar behind the wheels?
Yes it does... but on the Bronco the crash bars are bolt-on. So if you get a non-Sasquatch unit you can just unbolt them.
Excellent point
Isn't there a difference in suspension as well? Last year everyone was on board with Ford Sas Vs DIY Sas. Now it seems that sentiment has flipped?
For the manual transmission, the Badlands axles are the same axles and gear ratios that the Sasquatch package gets.

The Badlands trim also gets upgraded suspension as well. It isn't exactly like the Sasquatch package because the Sasquatch package has a minor lift over the base Badlands trim (< 1"). But the suspension setup is extremely similar—both have Bilstein position-sensitive suspension.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had already built in the upgraded wheels and tires on my 2021 manual Badlands so the stretch in pricing for me on the Squatch wasn't quite as drastic. I've come this far, I'm not compromising now.

Sponsored

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I had already built in the upgraded wheels and tires on my 2021 manual Badlands so the stretch in pricing for me on the Squatch wasn't quite as drastic. I've come this far, I'm not compromising now.
Same.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As far as I know the rear axle is the same regardless what trim/package you get. It's all M220 Dana 44.

The front axle is based on the trim/package. The base level axle is the M190 Dana axle, but the Sasquatch packages, Badlands, and Wildtrak trim (obviously, WT is Sas std) get the upgraded M210 Dana independent axle.

EDIT: From Ford's site. LINK

This was obviously for 2021, but as far as I know there have been no drive train changes for 2022.

Untitled.png
Good info - thanks.

So, what then accounts for the large price bump to go to BL squatch?

I went BL 7MT for 2021 to avoid the extra cost, but also for the snowflake rating on the 33” BFGs. I am curious now what’s buried in that cost adder…

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good info - thanks.

So, what then accounts for the large price bump to go to BL squatch?

I went BL 7MT for 2021 to avoid the extra cost, but also for the snowflake rating on the 33” BFGs. I am curious now what’s buried in that cost adder…
They changed how the pricing was handled on the Sasquatch package. In 2021... it was structured as follows:
  1. Cost of the Sasquatch package. Varies by trim. But using Black Diamond as an example, it was $4495
  2. Cost of the automatic transmission. $1595
Total cost being $6090.

In 2022... it is structured like this:
  1. Cost of the Sasquatch package. Again, varies by trim... but for Black Diamond it is $6090
  2. If you got a automatic transmission, you get a $1595 discount. If you get a manual transmission... you get nothing.
They essentially just increased the cost of the Sasquatch package, but made the automatic transmission free if you also got the Sasquatch package. So for automatic transmission users, it is the same cost as last year.

BUT... manual transmission users don’t get the discount. So you are essentially having to pay for an automatic transmission even though they aren't getting one.

Last edited:

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I kept SAS on my 2dr Badlands 7spd order for 2022

I realize it's just wheels and tires but a set of 5 wheels and 35" tires would run about $3k anyway and having the extra lift and warranty on it all is nice. No interest in an auto and it sucks they don't discount the auto trans cost

Last edited:

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

somebody in the "2022 build and price live" thread said that even though it shows $4,090, the total price only goes up by $1,895. So the $4,090 includes the auto transmission, but the final price is accurate. IDk. i cant check, at work at the moment.

Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just for reference doesn't the sasquatch package remove the crash bar behind the wheels?
I’ll do that for you for the low price of $1000…

😉

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because 99 times out of 100 it’s cheaper to build a manual then an automatic. Sometimes it’s the same price (a la new 911) but I’ve never seen a manufacturer charge someone for an automatic when they’re opting for the manual.
I have back in 1979 when ST where standard

Stick355

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mach 1, 2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
somebody in the "2022 build and price live" thread said that even though it shows $4,090, the total price only goes up by $1,895. So the $4,090 includes the auto transmission, but the final price is accurate. IDk. i cant check, at work at the moment.
Just tried it, if I select the 10A the price of SAS does indeed only add $2495.
However, if I have the 7MT selected, it does still add the full $4090.

Maybe they'll give me the 10A I'll be paying for in the back and I'll have a spare for the wife's Explorer ST!!

colintrax

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado, Ford Explorer, KTM 890 ADV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Id have to add sasquatch to get the HD front axle and locking front diff though. Those are key selling points to me. Mid package is sort of a why not once Im already at badlands.
Sponsored