Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those who may still watching this thread...

The Bronco Nation folks talked to their Ford contacts and have confirmed that the pricing as it appears on Build & Price is the real pricing for the manual transmission with the Sasquatch package.

I have also talked to my dealer's sales manager in regards to the Mansquatch pricing, and he has also confirmed separately with his dealer rep that the pricing is accurate. He shared in my frustration, as he too had planned on getting the Sasquatch package for his personal Big Bend.

Ford's official stance is that the Sasquatch package pricing has not increased since 2021 because the Sasquatch package always included the automatic transmission. Obviously that means us manual transmission folks get forced to draw the short straw and effectively have to pay for an automatic transmission we are not getting.

Sucks, but unless Ford has a chance of heart... it is what it is.

I don't consider myself the ultimately authority on this sorta stuff, but my personal recommendations remains the same as they were on the first post for manual transmission users:
  • Base 2-door Mansquatch orders are pricey, but it still kind of makes sense considering the standard Base 2-door is lacking most of the important off-road features.
  • Big Bend and Black Diamond Mansquatch orders should just upgrade to Badlands w/o Sasquatch. Better bang-for-your-buck.
  • Badlands Mansquatch is overpriced by around $1000-$2000, but may be worth it if you really care about recieving it ready-to-go from the factory. Up to you.
Personally, I submitted my Badlands non-Sas order on yesterday, with the optional $1000 beadlock-capable wheels. I'll probably stick with factory tires for a year or two to let the global supply issues resolve themselves... then I'll be looking at 35s. Probably Nitto Ridge Grapplers or maybe just a larger set of KO2s... but we'll see what prices are like in the future.
Sponsored

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those who may still watching this thread...

The Bronco Nation folks talked to their Ford contacts and have confirmed that the pricing as it appears on Build & Price is the real pricing for the manual transmission with the Sasquatch package.

I have also talked to my dealer's sales manager in regards to the Mansquatch pricing, and he has also confirmed separately with his dealer rep that the pricing is accurate. He shared in my frustration, as he too had planned on getting the Sasquatch package for his personal Big Bend.

Ford's official stance is that the Sasquatch package pricing has not increased since 2021 because the Sasquatch package always included the automatic transmission. Obviously that means us manual transmission folks get forced to draw the short straw and effectively have to pay for an automatic transmission we are not getting.

Sucks, but unless Ford has a chance of heart... it is what it is.

I don't consider myself the ultimately authority on this sorta stuff, but my personal recommendations remains the same as they were on the first post for manual transmission users:
  • Base 2-door Mansquatch orders are pricey, but it still kind of makes sense considering the standard Base 2-door is lacking most of the important off-road features.
  • Big Bend and Black Diamond Mansquatch orders should just upgrade to Badlands w/o Sasquatch. Better bang-for-your-buck.
  • Badlands Mansquatch is overpriced by around $1000-$2000, but may be worth it if you really care about recieving it ready-to-go from the factory. Up to you.
Personally, I submitted my Badlands non-Sas order on yesterday, with the optional $1000 beadlock-capable wheels. I'll probably stick with factory tires for a year or two to let the global supply issues resolve themselves... then I'll be looking at 35s. Probably Nitto Ridge Grapplers or maybe just a larger set of KO2s... but we'll see what prices are like in the future.
I agree. I do still think the 2-dr Base ManSquatch is still one of the better values - it is just less so than last year.

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm not gonna lie, I kind of always wondered when car companies would realize they might be able to actually charge enthusiasts more for the manual transmission.

Still a shitty move though, and if it results in less manual sales... they will inevitably blame us for the lack of demand and use that as a justification to go auto-only.

We're in a no-win. Pay Fords ransom or watch the manual go away forever.

icd70

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This sounds like..."We don't want to make this option available but every body complained about it, so if you want it you are going to pay for it..." Not really sure if there is something I'm missing to justify the cost.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This sounds like..."We don't want to make this option available but every body complained about it, so if you want it you are going to pay for it..." Not really sure if there is something I'm missing to justify the cost.
My assumption is they were surprised by how many people picked the Sasquatch package, and are actually thinking it is a little under priced. Which... honestly the Sasquatch package on the automatic transmission is a really good deal for the most part.

But they can't raise the price on the package overall without screwing over a lot of people off who had 2021 orders that got pushed to 2022. With manual transmissions they can get away with it since it is effectively a new feature. But once they get through the 2021 backlog... I'd expect the price on the Sas package to jump for automatic transmissions as well during the following model year.

Makes me wonder if this is one of the reasons why we're seeing reports of a 2024 mid-cycle refresh on the Bronco. Use that refresh as a reason to bump prices slightly across the board.

Sponsored

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would also be more inclined to get the Sasquatch package if it actually came with real beadlock wheels/tires... but unfortunately DOT doesn’t allow that.
What are you talking about? What exactly are "REAL" beadlock wheels/tires?

SupremoSombrero

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You're also getting stronger axles and the 4.7 diff with the SAS.
Especially on the Base - the Axles and Gearing are the only real reason to go SAS. If you keep the 3.73 Open Diffs on the Base and add big tires; it's going to be ponderously slow off the line.

I'm going BaseSquash with the 2.7L. That looks like the value play for 2022.

I'm keeping my 2021 Big Bend 2.7L, too. Going to rent one of them out on Turo; and see how that goes.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are you talking about? What exactly are "REAL" beadlock wheels/tires?
Due to DOT/SAE safety standards... the Bronco does not ship with factory beadlocks. The wheel is beadlock-capable, but the tire is mounted to the wheel inside the rim like a traditional wheel and tire. The beadlock ring that comes from the factory is just a beauty ring... it isn't actually a real beadlock ring--it is literally just a trim piece.

Which means you have to buy the beadlock rings separately after you take delivery... usually comes out to be $200-$220 per ring if you buy the Ford Performance rings... so... say $1050 for a full set. Add on shipping cost and the cost to mount them and you're spending at least another $150... probably more than that.

So... you're looking to spend another $1200+ on top of the factory Sasquatch package to get real beadlocks on your Bronco.

Last edited:

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Due to DOT/SAE safety standards... the Bronco does not ship with factory beadlocks. The wheel is beadlock-capable, but the tire is mounted to the wheel inside the rim like a traditional wheel and tire. The beadlock ring that comes from the factory is just a beauty ring... it isn't actually a real beadlock ring--it is literally just a trim piece.

Which means you have to buy the beadlock rings separately after you take delivery... usually comes out to be $200-$220 per ring if you buy the Ford Performance rings... so... say $1050 for a full set. Add on shipping cost and the the cost to mount them and you're looking probably at least another $150... probably more than that.

So... you're looking to spend another $1200+ on top of the factory Sasquatch package to get real beadlocks on your Bronco.
Real. You keep using that word...

They are real beadlocks. just like any other "beadlock capable" rims that any other car mfg would offer.

How much are a set of "real" beadlocks? $1200? or more like $2500?

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Am I happy the manual is the same price? No. Do i understand why? Yes. There is a very specific buyer that wants this vehicle. And once they get through the reservation holders, this configuration will cease to exist. It effectively gets an extra $7000 out of a bunch of Base reservation holders. Only Base and Badlands reservation holders will buy it. Ford has even priced it as such. For me, it’s a no brainer because it’s exactly what I want. I don’t care about the $1600. It still gives me the best value under $40k.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Real. You keep using that word...

They are real beadlocks. just like any other "beadlock capable" rims that any other car mfg would offer.

How much are a set of "real" beadlocks? $1200? or more like $2500?
Eh, to your point I probably should have said something like "If the Sasquatch package actually came with a complete set of beadlock wheels/tires with the beadlock ring included...". But I was typing on a online forum so I didn't exactly proof read my post to make sure it was crystal clear.

And they're around $220/ring last I checked. Although seems like Ford has redone their accessories site and now I can't find them.

EDIT: Found them. $216/ring

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Eh, to your point I probably should have said something like "If the Sasquatch package actually came with a complete set of beadlock wheels/tires with the beadlock ring included...". But I was typing on a online forum so I didn't exactly proof read my post to make sure it was crystal clear.

And they're around $220/ring last I checked. Although seems like Ford has redone their accessories site and now I can't find them.

EDIT: Found them. $216/ring
Just curious since I've never used beadlocks before, wouldn't 4 be sufficient? is there a reason to put one on the spare?
Sponsored