Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am honestly hoping that the Sasquatch package pricing is just messed up (edit: it's not). At the moment manual transmission users will effectively have to pay for an automatic transmission without actually getting one. But from what I heard from multiple sources (my dealer, Bronco Nation, etc.)... it is accurate.

So just a heads up for those thinking about adding the Sasquatch package on their manual transmission order...

If you have a 2-door on order...
  • On Badlands... there is VERY little reason to get the Sasquatch package if you have a manual transmission. The Sasquatch package essentially just becomes a $4090 set of 35" mud-terrain tires with a very minor <1" lift. In my opinion, you can do better aftermarket.
  • If you have a Black Diamond on order... the Sasquatch package makes the order MORE expensive than the Badlands without Sasquatch, and you don't get sway-bar disconnect. That combined with the previous point means it makes NO sense to get Black Diamond with Sasquatch.
  • If you have a Big Bend on order... the Sasquatch package makes it roughly the same cost as a base Badlands. So that combined with the 1st point means it makes NO sense to get Big Bend with Sasquatch.
If you have a 4-door on order...
  • On Badlands... much like the 2-door... there is also very little reason to get the Sasquatch package because it is a $4090 set of tires with a very minor lift.
  • On Black Diamond, there is less than a $1000 price difference between BD w/ Sas and BL w/o Sas. You would be stupid not to upgrade to the sway-bar disconnect for less than $1000.
  • On Big Bend... much like the 2-door ... the Sasquatch package makes it roughly the same cost as a base Badlands.
So the only trim where it kinda makes sense to upgrade to the Sasquatch package is on the 2-door Base trim (it isn't even available in 4-door). And I'd argue that Sasquatch package is rather overpriced on the 2-door Base.

Don't do it! It's a trap!
Sponsored

Last edited:

MtnRanger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2doorbase.png

4doorbadlands.png

In the same boat
100% looks vs 100%features

100%looks
2 door
Like grill
Like wheels/tires
7MT SAS

100%features
4 door
Not a fan of grill
Not a fan of wheels
Adaptive cruise/b&o audio
7MT non SAS

karguy08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am honestly hoping that the Sasquatch package pricing is just messed up. At the moment manual transmission users will effectively have to pay for an automatic transmission without actually getting one. But from what I heard from multiple sources (my dealer, Bronco Nation, etc.)... it is accurate.

So just a heads up for those thinking about adding the Sasquatch package on their manual transmission order...

• On Badlands... there is VERY little reason to get the Sasquatch package if you have a manual transmission. The Sasquatch package essentially just becomes a $4090 set of 35" mud-terrain tires with a very minor <1" lift. In my opinion, you can do better aftermarket.
  • If you have a Black Diamond on order... the Sasquatch package makes the order MORE expensive than the Badlands without Sasquatch, and you don't get sway-bar disconnect. That combined with the previous point means it makes NO sense to get Black Diamond with Sasquatch.
  • If you have a Big Bend on order... the Sasquatch package makes it roughly the same cost as a base Badlands. So that combined with the 1st point means it makes NO sense to get Big Bend with Sasquatch.
  • On Badlands... much like the 2-door... there is also very little reason to get the Sasquatch package because it is a $4090 set of tires with a very minor lift.
  • On Black Diamond, there is less than a $1000 price difference between BD w/ Sas and BL w/o Sas. You would be stupid not to upgrade to the sway-bar disconnect for less than $1000.
  • On Big Bend... much like the 2-door ... the Sasquatch package makes it roughly the same cost as a base Badlands.
So the only trim where it kinda makes sense to upgrade to the Sasquatch package is on the 2-door Base trim (it isn't even available in 4-door). And I'd argue that Sasquatch package is rather overpriced on the 2-door Base.

I'll just leave this here for effect...
Ford Bronco The insanity of the manual trans Sasquatch pricing itsatra

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am honestly hoping that the Sasquatch package pricing is just messed up. At the moment manual transmission users will effectively have to pay for an automatic transmission without actually getting one. But from what I heard from multiple sources (my dealer, Bronco Nation, etc.)... it is accurate.

Also keep in mind if this pricing holds, that you can't get mid or higher with the 7M unless you're in a BL. So don't feel bad if you've settled on a BL inatead of a lower trimmed mansquatch to get those packages.

Sponsored

96GreenBronco

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Bronco XLT, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 7M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably making up for the development costs lol.

If they let us pair it with the 2.7 maybe I'd feel differently, but it does feel like they are trying to push people away from the 7MT with this decision

MtnRanger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Probably making up for the development costs lol.

If they let us pair it with the 2.7 maybe I'd feel differently, but it does feel like they are trying to push people away from the 7MT with this decision
While I hate it, maybe they are expecting more warranty power train claims with sasquatch and manual... But not that much more with 33s in badlands compared to auto

Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're also getting stronger axles and the 4.7 diff with the SAS.
^^^ This.

Gotta look at all the differences in detail.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're also getting stronger axles and the 4.7 diff with the SAS.
^^^ This.

Gotta look at all the differences in detail.
4.70 axle ratio is standard for the manual transmission on Badlands. M220 Dana 44 rear axle, M210 Dana front axle. Same as the Sasquatch.

Automatic trans has the 4.46 standard on Badlands, but for manual it is 4.70.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4.70 axle ratio is standard for the manual transmission on Badlands. M220 Dana 44 rear axle, M210 Dana front axle. Same as the Sasquatch.

Automatic trans has the 4.46 standard on Badlands, but for manual it is 4.70.
That is news to me. It was my understanding that the 4.7 came with the manual but not the upgraded axle unless you had sasquatch.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is news to me. It was my understanding that the 4.7 came with the manual but not the upgraded axle unless you had sasquatch.
As far as I know the rear axle is the same regardless what trim/package you get. It's all M220 Dana 44.

The front axle is based on the trim/package. The base level axle is the M190 Dana axle, but the Sasquatch packages, Badlands, and Wildtrak trim (obviously, WT is Sas std) get the upgraded M210 Dana independent axle.

EDIT: From Ford's site. LINK

This was obviously for 2021, but as far as I know there have been no drive train changes for 2022.

Ford Bronco The insanity of the manual trans Sasquatch pricing Untitled
Sponsored

Last edited: