First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well with everyone saying that the manual is so much better than the auto and it is more fun to drive shouldn't it be more expensive and people willing to pay for it?
Where is that damn middle finger reaction...

;)

PS, can we get an eye roll too?
Sponsored

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford has given everyone price protection in a hugely inflationary environment.
That's a lie. Ford offered some people price protection because it took more orders than it knew it could fulfill.... AND THEN kept on taking orders!
Manual Sasquatch was not offered in MY21. They developed this for the enthusiast and have set the price.
They didn't develop anything. There is not one single new part for MY22 masquatches
Trying to equate what the manual cost vs the automatic in 2021 is irrelevant.
Is what the manual vs the automatic cost in 2022 relevant? Because on every nonsquatch model, the auto still costs more.
My wife is ordering manual Sasquatch with her order and we think it's a good deal. It's a great deal actually.
$1600 more than last year is a great deal? Sure buddy

UPnort

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why all the complaining?

Ford has given everyone price protection in a hugely inflationary environment. That's a VERY GOOD thing. Manual Sasquatch was not offered in MY21. They developed this for the enthusiast and have set the price. Trying to equate what the manual cost vs the automatic in 2021 is irrelevant. Stop bitching or else get it with the automatic!

My wife is ordering manual Sasquatch with her order and we think it's a good deal. It's a great deal actually.
Not everyone. I canceled my 2 early res because something came up. Jumped back in a cpl months latter and viola its gone. We'll over a year in the system but a short break and it's all gone. Not complaing nor have I to Ford, just stating it's not the case.

So if you pay for 4 tires but only get 2 your gonna be happy about it? Yaeh, doesn't make sense.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why all the complaining?

Ford has given everyone price protection in a hugely inflationary environment. That's a VERY GOOD thing. Manual Sasquatch was not offered in MY21. They developed this for the enthusiast and have set the price. Trying to equate what the manual cost vs the automatic in 2021 is irrelevant. Stop bitching or else get it with the automatic!

To be completely honest I’m not surprised this happened. Am I disappointed? Yes. Am I surprised? No.

I’m just pointing out that from a value-for-your-dollar perspective. Sasquatch with a manual transmission doesn’t make sense at all for any trim other than maybe Base. Just skip Sasquatch and get a non-Sas Badlands.

If we were talking about swapping out axles and re-gearing the differentials… then yeah… it’s a good deal to get Sasquatch. But we’re literally talking about adding a new set of tires and unbolting a handful of crash bars. And for $4090+ I don’t think that’s worth the cost.

Stick355

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mach 1, 2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To be completely honest I’m not surprised this happened. Am I disappointed? Yes. Am I surprised? No.

I’m just pointing out that from a value-for-your-dollar perspective. Sasquatch with a manual transmission doesn’t make sense at all for any trim other than maybe Base. Just skip Sasquatch and get a non-Sas Badlands.

If we were talking about swapping out axles and re-gearing the differentials… then yeah… it’s a good deal to get Sasquatch. But we’re literally talking about adding a new set of tires and unbolting a handful of crash bars. And for $4090+ I don’t think that’s worth the cost.
I think that's the point with the $1600 upcharge for the 7MT. Its not really worth the full $4090, but what's a full set (5) of 35's cost? Even if the factory wheels were kept, it's still pushing 2K. Therefore, IMHO, $2495 isn't to terribly bad considering I'd have warranty coverage for breakages.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I went through all this last year 10 ways to sunday. Getting a BL non-sasquatch trumps everything outside BaseSquatch when it comes to pricing and features specially the disco. Once you start playing with MID and/or Sasquatch packages, your close to BL anyways. Even if you go A10 and get 4.46 gears on a BL, that will support 37s easy based on the gear charts. If your that hardcore on rock crawling your gonna get the MT with 4.7 anyways. I get the additional tire cost, but IMO the C rated 35s coming with the sasquatch are not going to last too long if your using them.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
But we’re literally talking about adding a new set of tires and unbolting a handful of crash bars. And for $4090+ I don’t think that’s worth the cost.
Im not one usually concerned about trade in value, but you will get more of the $4090 sasquash cost back when selling then you would if you threw on a set of wheels and 35’s, but that’s assuming you won’t upgrade the wheels anyways

Krieger

Raptor
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Agreed. Definitely sucks because so many of us opted to wait for the Mansquatch vs DIY Squatch for the cost savings. Now many of us are dropping the Squatch and the only difference is we could have gotten the golden ticket to a build already, instead we're now mixed in with all the other 99 codes that opted to wait with the new allocation method that screws most of us.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m not surprised at all by this. Ford had around a 50% take rate on Sasquatch. It is a very popular option. Z51 option on the C8 was also very popular and it received a price hike for follow on model years (and Chevy didn’t price protect those who were pushed for the exact same package and offering - Keep in mind, ManSquatch is new for MY22). Also Ford has done this mid-model year last year with the Max Tow Package on F150s. Again, high take rate and Ford doubled the price IIRC. Lastly and again, ManSquatch wasn’t a MY21 option. I get what people were thinking going into MY22 and I think it would have been great for Ford to offer it $1595 less. But they didn’t.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Jarvis

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree this is bullshit on Ford's part. Very disappointed in this news, but hey, every week is a new disappointment with this Bronco roll-out.

David196

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Get your pricing from the price list, the price and build is always wrong or isn't always accurate.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Get your pricing from the price list, the price and build is always wrong or isn't always accurate.
Unfortunately the price list says the same thing as build & price.

When the price list was was released last Friday, a bunch of us on the forums went through it and found several errors (link). And then on Monday, Bronco Nation pulled the price list because there really was some errors with the price list. We had assumed the Sasquatch pricing was one of those errors... because... well... why would we pay for an automatic transmission if we didn't get an automatic transmission???

Turns out the Sasquatch price wasn't an error, and we actually do get to pay for the automatic transmission without getting an automatic transmission.

So... yay? :poop:

_jeff

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Lightning Pro, 14 FLD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am so pissed off, I put my order on hold for MY22 to get the manual Sasquatch. Now they are ripping us off for an auto upgrade we don’t get. I’m just buying my badlands with the 33’s and doing the wheels myself. Just need to figure out if I will have to do a lift to make them work.
Same thing here but I was also hoping for 4 door base with 7MT because… it's a base trim and base transmission…
Instead I placed my order for a BL today, likely what Ford had in mind all along.
Sponsored