First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Same thing here but I was also hoping for 4 door base with 7MT because… it's a base trim and base transmission…
Instead I placed my order for a BL today, likely what Ford had in mind all along.
Smartest way. The auto is 69:1 crawl ratio but I think it is actually higher because they are using the 4.7 Sas Auto for the stats. Doin glight to moderate trails that is fine but going 37s I would probably skip 4.7 and do the 5.13s anyways. Have to say none of these numbers trickery surprised me one bit. Look at the way Ford gets best in class and lists the categories but you simply cannot get them all on one vehicle.

Best crawl ratio it needs to be manual. The auto is not as low as the wrangler auto and only way to get the 69:1 auto is with the SAS packages 4.7

Best wheel travel you need the 33 badlands

Best Approach and departure, water and brake over you need the SAS package.
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

To be completely honest I’m not surprised this happened. Am I disappointed? Yes. Am I surprised? No.

I’m just pointing out that from a value-for-your-dollar perspective. Sasquatch with a manual transmission doesn’t make sense at all for any trim other than maybe Base. Just skip Sasquatch and get a non-Sas Badlands.

If we were talking about swapping out axles and re-gearing the differentials… then yeah… it’s a good deal to get Sasquatch. But we’re literally talking about adding a new set of tires and unbolting a handful of crash bars. And for $4090+ I don’t think that’s worth the cost.
I've thought this all along. Those clamoring for a Mansquatch just needed to order a manual non Sas Badlands, done. The ones needing Mansquatch were those looking at the value of the BaseManSquatch (though you can't get that with a 4 door), a position I can fully sympathize with.

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Agreed. Definitely sucks because so many of us opted to wait for the Mansquatch vs DIY Squatch for the cost savings. Now many of us are dropping the Squatch and the only difference is we could have gotten the golden ticket to a build already, instead we're now mixed in with all the other 99 codes that opted to wait with the new allocation method that screws most of us.
Uh oh. You did it now. You told the truth. The “Mothership apologista” will be along soon to tell you: stop complaining, engineering & implementation costs, it’s your fault, etc.

Ford: ruining roll outs and losing customer loyalty. It’s “The Ford Way”.

Just waiting for how bad they mess up the F-150 Lightning roll out.

BE5OME1

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 SXT 4x4, 1967 Mustang, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So now same price for 7sp vs 10sp.........with 10sp you also get TTA, what else comes with the free 10sp on squatch pkg?

DJN1985

Base
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Super Duty 7.3, ZF6, 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I will end up paying extra for an automatic, but will get the manual. Sucks, but I'm committed. Base mansquatch. I will see it in 2024 I'm sure.

Sponsored

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This has to be one of the mistakes on the price list, right?

There's no way the Sas is more expensive on a BD than a base or a BB since it already has the rear locker. That's exactly what the price list shows though.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am honestly hoping that the Sasquatch package pricing is just messed up. At the moment manual transmission users will effectively have to pay for an automatic transmission without actually getting one. But from what I heard from multiple sources (my dealer, Bronco Nation, etc.)... it is accurate.

So just a heads up for those thinking about adding the Sasquatch package on their manual transmission order...

If you have a 2-door on order...
  • On Badlands... there is VERY little reason to get the Sasquatch package if you have a manual transmission. The Sasquatch package essentially just becomes a $4090 set of 35" mud-terrain tires with a very minor <1" lift. In my opinion, you can do better aftermarket.
  • If you have a Black Diamond on order... the Sasquatch package makes the order MORE expensive than the Badlands without Sasquatch, and you don't get sway-bar disconnect. That combined with the previous point means it makes NO sense to get Black Diamond with Sasquatch.
  • If you have a Big Bend on order... the Sasquatch package makes it roughly the same cost as a base Badlands. So that combined with the 1st point means it makes NO sense to get Big Bend with Sasquatch.
If you have a 4-door on order...
  • On Badlands... much like the 2-door... there is also very little reason to get the Sasquatch package because it is a $4090 set of tires with a very minor lift.
  • On Black Diamond, there is less than a $1000 price difference between BD w/ Sas and BL w/o Sas. You would be stupid not to upgrade to the sway-bar disconnect for less than $1000.
  • On Big Bend... much like the 2-door ... the Sasquatch package makes it roughly the same cost as a base Badlands.
So the only trim where it kinda makes sense to upgrade to the Sasquatch package is on the 2-door Base trim (it isn't even available in 4-door). And I'd argue that Sasquatch package is rather overpriced on the 2-door Base.

Don't do it! It's a trap!
Nicely done. Squatch does give you the high suspension and Bilstein Suspension, but swaybar disconnect for 1K on BD, no brainer.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I kept SAS on my 2dr Badlands 7spd order for 2021

I realize it's just wheels and tires but a set of 5 wheels and 35" tires would run about $3k anyway and having the extra lift and warranty on it all is nice. No interest in an auto and it sucks they don't discount the auto trans cost
SAS is not available on anything with a manual trans for 2021. You would need to 99 to a 2022 to get that build.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With respect to gear ratio, I was expecting the Mansquatch to need something lower than 4.70. If a regular base on 30” tires is 3.73 for the automatic and 4.46 for the manual, the Mansquatch should get 5.13 gears to keep a similar ratio split to the SAS automatic at 4.70. I haven’t driven any Bronco yet, but one concern I had on Black Diamond was the 32” tires on 4.46 gears not being low enough, the Badlands with 4.70 on 33” addressed that. I’ve got a VIN for my 2021 Badlands order, so it doesn’t make a difference to me right now.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With respect to gear ratio, I was expecting the Mansquatch to need something lower than 4.70. If a regular base on 30” tires is 3.73 for the automatic and 4.46 for the manual, the Mansquatch should get 5.13 gears to keep a similar ratio split to the SAS automatic at 4.70. I haven’t driven any Bronco yet, but one concern I had on Black Diamond was the 32” tires on 4.46 gears not being low enough, the Badlands with 4.70 on 33” addressed that. I’ve got a VIN for my 2021 Badlands order, so it doesn’t make a difference to me right now.
From a technical design perspective, the automatic transmission has a slight advantage when it comes to flexibility with the gear ratios just because it simply has more gears, so you can put a slightly higher or slightly lower gear ratio than what you “should” have just because you have a 10-speed transmission to fill the gaps.

BUT, the manual transmission has the crawler gear, which allows you to get the smallest gear ratio available on the Bronco. And because of that, you could easily get away with 35s on the 4.46 or 37s in the 4.70. You could probably also do 37s in the 4.46… but that might be pushing it a bit if you do a ton of slow speed rock-crawling type stuff.

Either way, Badlands trim solves all of these problems since it comes with 4.70 axle ratio standard.

But to your point, I do wish they had a slightly higher gear ratio available on the Badlands trim. I was expecting to see at least a 4.88 ratio or even 5.x ratio on Badlands just so we could go real crazy by putting on 40s and whatnot. But truthfully… people looking to go larger than a 37” tire are probably intending to do some fairly substantial modifications anyway, including re-gearing the diffs. So I guess I shouldn’t be surprised by the factory gearing.

spyderman01

Base
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah we documented - Price List - Known Corrections - which would fix this mess -

But B&P today still has the crazy Sasquatch prices -
They have to be wrong - I believe B&P will eventually match the Known Corrections above - at least mostly -
An indicator of this: last weekend Ford pulled down the '22 Price List -
That is good news. Has anyone place an order for a BaseManSquatch and been able to confirm the pricing?

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is good news. Has anyone place an order for a BaseManSquatch and been able to confirm the pricing?
My dealer looked it up for me yesterday, and confirmed the prices in WBDO matches build & price as well as the original price list that was posted last Friday.

I mean… it just doesn’t make any sense to have the prices like they currently are on Build & Price. It really doesn’t. But @Lucchese and I may just have to admit that we guessed wrong when we were working on fixing the prices this past weekend. I’m hoping Ford will realize that it is a mistake and change it across the board… but the chances of that happening are looking slim.

The only thing I can assume is Ford really wants to jack up the prices on the Sasquatch package, but they held back on the automatic transmission simply so they didn’t impact current order holders. If that’s the case I would expect a fairly large price bump on the Sasquatch package for automatic transmission users come 2023 or 2024 (whenever Ford can get through the order backlog).

Last edited:

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You're an apologist...we get it, but folks are being screwed by this. Why is Ford charging for an automatic they aren't selling? It's a dick move to have strung folks along this whole time and have them under the premise of saving that money not having to opt for an auto. I'm a V6 guy do this doesn't affect me but it's wrong.
YOU being a whiner does not make any one who disagrees with you an apologist. :cool:

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a sucker tax for folks that don't realize that they can change wheels/tires/lift aftermarket. But presumably the 'Mansquatch' option is aimed at enthusiasts who surely know this already.

I was never considering Sasquatch anyway, since I don't want to pay MORE money to get a 4x4 that's worthless in the snow (if I had a dollar for every 4x4 pickup with wide mud tires I saw in the ditch every time we have a light dusting of snow here...). Also, the Bronco is already a bit too wide for many of the woodland trails around me, so a wider stance just further limits where I can go. Finally, I find the standard Badlands wheels to be by far the most attractive option; the 'black wheels' fad has jumped the shark, IMHO.
Sponsored