Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
YOU being a whiner does not make any one who disagrees with you an apologist. :cool:
What did I whine about? I'm not one of the people being screwed so I got no dog in the fight but that doesn't make it less of a dick move but by all means keep kissing Ford's ass while they shit on customers, good boy!
Sponsored

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

So now same price for 7sp vs 10sp.........with 10sp you also get TTA, what else comes with the free 10sp on squatch pkg?
The auto isn't free, add it to any non-sasq trim and it costs $1600. It's simple math, the MT is $1600 less except, magically, on the Sasquatch.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a sucker tax for folks that don't realize that they can change wheels/tires/lift aftermarket. But presumably the 'Mansquatch' option is aimed at enthusiasts who surely know this already.

I was never considering Sasquatch anyway, since I don't want to pay MORE money to get a 4x4 that's worthless in the snow (if I had a dollar for every 4x4 pickup with wide mud tires I saw in the ditch every time we have a light dusting of snow here...). Also, the Bronco is already a bit too wide for many of the woodland trails around me, so a wider stance just further limits where I can go. Finally, I find the standard Badlands wheels to be by far the most attractive option; the 'black wheels' fad has jumped the shark, IMHO.
Two points:

I believe you are a little misguided if you are blaming wide tires on poor snow performance. A Bronco with skinny tires will be no better than a Bronco with wide tires In a "dusting".

Second, I have ripped out and replaced suspensions on several new vehicles, and have spent several thousand doing so each time, on my own labor. The squatch price isn't unreasonable in comparison. Especially so when I would prefer to not tear my daily driver apart in the middle of winter, when it arrives.

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Even with dealers confirming, I still believe it is an error. Just like the "free" automatic last year that took them forever to fix. Maybe I will be proven wrong, we will see. I was on the fence regarding the manual, but I will definitely be going auto now. Not just because of this ridiculous pricing, but also because it seems it could be years before I see my Bronco. I am going to load that sucker up with everything.

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe you are a little misguided if you are blaming wide tires on poor snow performance. A Bronco with skinny tires will be no better than a Bronco with wide tires In a "dusting".
Wide tires don't help in snow (Tire Rack's snow tire guide recommends reducing section width when ordering snow tires), but the main issue is that M/T tires don't have have sufficient siping to provide traction in light/snow ice. They are fine in deep snow, due to the deep tread blocks. Every single time we get a quarter inch of snow on the roads, I see MULTIPLE 4x4s stuck in the ditch/median, always equipped with wide M/T tires; it's the biggest issue plaguing the 4x4 community that no one talks about, probably because they are too embarrassed to talk about it when it happens to them.

BFGoodrich even has this disclaimer on all the online tire retailers for their M/T tires:
" While Off-Road Maximum Traction tires, which are often called mud tires, are branded with the M+S symbol and able to churn through deep snow, their typical oversize applications and the absence of snow-biting sipes in their large smooth lugs can challenge their on-road wintertime traction on packed snow and icy surfaces. "

There are many articles supporting this, but here's one:
Mud tires in snow

Last edited:

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah we documented - Price List - Known Corrections - which would fix this mess -

But B&P today still has the crazy Sasquatch prices -
They have to be wrong - I believe B&P will eventually match the Known Corrections above - at least mostly -
An indicator of this: last weekend Ford pulled down the '22 Price List -
I re-ordered with my dealer yesterday and added Sasquatch to my manual transmission Badlands and it in fact was $4090. Are you talking about a different pricing item being incorrect?

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
As a base 2.7 Sasquatch 2 door, the Sasquatch and auto trans combo is the only way to get the A4 AWD feature which is a must.

BaseSquatch
2 door
Modular bumper
Aux switches
41k from my dealer

Ford Bronco The insanity of the manual trans Sasquatch pricing 01DD7FC9-E914-4E33-8C08-C9C7F4B74C1A

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Two points:

Second, I have ripped out and replaced suspensions on several new vehicles, and have spent several thousand doing so each time, on my own labor. The squatch price isn't unreasonable in comparison. Especially so when I would prefer to not tear my daily driver apart in the middle of winter, when it arrives.
I agree with you in regards to the snow.

But the pricing on Sasquatch doesn’t make sense for manual transmission—it just isn’t reasonable if you are looking at all of the available options. The Sasquatch package basically bumps it up so the cost is within reach of the Badlands trim on everything except Base. So that leaves you with two options:
  1. Get Sasquatch package on BB/BD, and just acknowledge the fact that you could have gotten a Badlands trim with sway-bar disconnect for roughly the same amount of money (within $1000 or so).
  2. Get a base Badlands trim, which already comes with an upgraded suspension, axles, gear ratios, etc. similar to the Sasquatch package, and then just add on some 35” tires.
I personally think option 2 is the obvious answer. Adding the sway-bar disconnect after the fact is going to to be practically impossible without buckets of money. And a set of five 35” Goodyear Wranger Territories, which is what the Sasquatch package comes with is… what… $1500 or so?

So in my mind… if you are looking to get a Sasquatch-like Bronco with the manual transmission. Either get the Base 2dr Bronco w/ Sas… or get the Badlands w/o Sas and add on some tires.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From a technical design perspective, the automatic transmission has a slight advantage when it comes to flexibility with the gear ratios just because it simply has more gears, so you can put a slightly higher or slightly lower gear ratio than what you “should” have just because you have a 10-speed transmission to fill the gaps.

BUT, the manual transmission has the crawler gear, which allows you to get the smallest gear ratio available on the Bronco. And because of that, you could easily get away with 35s on the 4.46 or 37s in the 4.70. You could probably also do 37s in the 4.46… but that might be pushing it a bit if you do a ton of slow speed rock-crawling type stuff.

Either way, Badlands trim solves all of these problems since it comes with 4.70 axle ratio standard.

But to your point, I do wish they had a slightly higher gear ratio available on the Badlands trim. I was expecting to see at least a 4.88 ratio or even 5.x ratio on Badlands just so we could go real crazy by putting on 40s and whatnot. But truthfully… people looking to go larger than a 37” tire are probably intending to do some fairly substantial modifications anyway, including re-gearing the diffs. So I guess I shouldn’t be surprised by the factory gearing.
I’ve run 35” tires on my 87 with both 3.55 and later 4.10 gears. For crawling with a 6.32 first gear T-18 manual either option was fine. Highway is where the real difference was, the 3.55 gears lugged the engine on small hills causing a downshift, with 4.10 the RPM was back in the correct range for the highway. Old 3-4 speed automatics were more problematic on both the low end for crawling and the highway with bigger tires. The ratios of the 10 speed auto have eliminated the concern for gearing on both the low and high ends to a certain point.

I figure Ford designed the ratios for something in the 31” tire range and then fit the trims around it. The base manual may be a little low and the black Diamond might be a little high on ratio. If Sasquatch auto is ideal with 35” tires and 4.70 gears is ideal compared to a base auto with 3.73 then Mansquatch should be much lower.

Sponsored

ManSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco, 17' F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Two points:

My main concern is Ford voiding warranties for the drivetrain when I do a lift kit for the 35’s. In your past experience did that happen with your mods?

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As far as I know the rear axle is the same regardless what trim/package you get. It's all M220 Dana 44.

The front axle is based on the trim/package. The base level axle is the M190 Dana axle, but the Sasquatch packages, Badlands, and Wildtrak trim (obviously, WT is Sas std) get the upgraded M210 Dana independent axle.

EDIT: From Ford's site. LINK

This was obviously for 2021, but as far as I know there have been no drive train changes for 2022.

Ford Bronco The insanity of the manual trans Sasquatch pricing 01DD7FC9-E914-4E33-8C08-C9C7F4B74C1A
don’t forget you get different bilstein system with SAS and if you are adding 35’s your 3rd brake light will have to be an aftermarket if you want to throw a 35“ on the tailgate and you will have to do the standalone upgrade for beadlock but the SAS is standard beadlock and 33”beadlock is 17x 8 vs SAS which is 17x8.5

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ide-lift-heights-with-wheel-tire-sizes.17719/

Al Cowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
“It was never realistic for a small group of manual-transmission diehard weirdos to think that they would get something for nothing from Ford. If someone doesn’t like the pricing on the ManSquatch, they should switch to a 10speed.”

—Mike Levine, probably

Hillyard

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 4x4, SVTF, Mazda3, Civic Si
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for breaking that down. Yeah, I’m pretty disappointed that I can’t get a basemansquatch. May just go non squatch BL and add my own 35s.
Exactly the point I'm at right now. Base badlands and call it a day.
Sponsored