Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

don’t forget you get different bilstein system with SAS and if you are adding 35’s your 3rd brake light will have to be an aftermarket if you want to throw a 35“ on the tailgate and you will have to do the standalone upgrade for beadlock but the SAS is standard beadlock and 33”beadlock is 17x 8 vs SAS which is 17x8.5

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ide-lift-heights-with-wheel-tire-sizes.17719/
Yeah this is true.

Although, in my opinion, we’re talking about less than half of an inch of lift, which you can solve fairly easily with some spacers that cost a few hundred dollars.

I would also be more inclined to get the Sasquatch package if it actually came with real beadlock wheels/tires... but unfortunately DOT doesn’t allow that. That said, for those who really want the beadlock-capable wheels, they are available as a standalone option on the Badlands trim for $995. For most people, the $995 cost is probably still going to be worth it if you factor in the sway-bar disconnect.

The 3rd brake light is an interesting problem though—going to have to look into that one more. I‘ve seen several people on YouTube that have slapped on 37s on their base Badlands, and as far as I know they didn’t have to do anything special with the 3rd brake light. BUT, it seems like they must of done something, so I’m going to go back and watch some old videos to see what they did to solve that problem.
Sponsored

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly the point I'm at right now. Base badlands and call it a day.
my understanding is that 35's can be thrown on a Badlands and only be marginally different in height from a Sasquatch... right?

mikey_photo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah this is true.

Although, in my opinion, we’re talking about less than half of an inch of lift, which you can solve fairly easily with some spacers that cost a few hundred dollars.

I would also be more inclined to get the Sasquatch package if it actually came with real beadlock wheels/tires... but unfortunately DOT doesn’t allow that. That said, for those who really want the beadlock-capable wheels, they are available as a standalone option on the Badlands trim for $995. For most people, the $995 cost is probably still going to be worth it if you factor in the sway-bar disconnect.

The 3rd brake light is an interesting problem though—going to have to look into that one more. I‘ve seen several people on YouTube that have slapped on 37s on their base Badlands, and as far as I know they didn’t have to do anything special with the 3rd brake light. BUT, it seems like they must of done something, so I’m going to go back and watch some old videos to see what they did to solve that problem.
I haven’t done 35’s yet with my Badlands (non Squatch) but have been watching a lot of videos on people upgrading without much issue on the other (non BL) trims. This video shows both 35’s on an OBX and also that the 35 fits with the brake light. It looks a little snug, but works. I also think rough country makes a bracket extender for the 3rd brake light. Edit to add: the brake light extended is RC and $25.

https://www.roughcountry.com/bronco...0k_vqQPsjPCAYNok99DnzYNam_zk-gH4aAgwOEALw_wcB

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My main concern is Ford voiding warranties for the drivetrain when I do a lift kit for the 35’s. In your past experience did that happen with your mods?
Fortunately, I never had to do a warranty claim on those vehicles. I ate a couple CV boots then joints after 80,000 miles, but I had exceeded the limitations of the suspension a bit.

There are specific warranty laws that allow consumers to replace components with similar parts (a napa timing belt v Ford timing belt won't void a warranty). I would bet that adding a lift that is equivalent to Ford's own should be coverable.... But the dealer could always try to fight it. I definitely do not disagree with your logic... Stress-free repairs would be great.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wide tires don't help in snow (Tire Rack's snow tire guide recommends reducing section width when ordering snow tires), but the main issue is that M/T tires don't have have sufficient siping to provide traction in light/snow ice. They are fine in deep snow, due to the deep tread blocks. Every single time we get a quarter inch of snow on the roads, I see MULTIPLE 4x4s stuck in the ditch/median, always equipped with wide M/T tires; it's the biggest issue plaguing the 4x4 community that no one talks about, probably because they are too embarrassed to talk about it when it happens to them.

BFGoodrich even has this disclaimer on all the online tire retailers for their M/T tires:
" While Off-Road Maximum Traction tires, which are often called mud tires, are branded with the M+S symbol and able to churn through deep snow, their typical oversize applications and the absence of snow-biting sipes in their large smooth lugs can challenge their on-road wintertime traction on packed snow and icy surfaces. "

There are many articles supporting this, but here's one:
Mud tires in snow
I can concede these points, but there are also many good "4x4 tires" for the snow. My duratracs, for example, are exceptional in slick environments, whether skinny or wide.

I don't have any studies, but I always corellated trucks in the ditch with poor weight distribution over the rear.

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fortunately, I never had to do a warranty claim on those vehicles. I ate a couple CV boots then joints after 80,000 miles, but I had exceeded the limitations of the suspension a bit.

There are specific warranty laws that allow consumers to replace components with similar parts (a napa timing belt v Ford timing belt won't void a warranty). I would bet that adding a lift that is equivalent to Ford's own should be coverable.... But the dealer could always try to fight it. I definitely do not disagree with your logic... Stress-free repairs would be great.
Good luck fighting the beast with just the Magnuson-Moss Act. Many have tried but few have succeeded. Ultimately Ford has more lawyers and resources than an individual and would be happy to drain you to win their case while locking up the truck you’re still making payments on as ”evidence”. I wouldn’t take your bet about warranty covering “a lift that is equivalent to Ford’s own”, it’s a modification not sold and installed by Ford. The toughest issue is when the dealership modifies a truck, you buy it new but already modified, then you have problems. Ford will wash their hands of it, the dealership will also try to escape liability, the consumer is stuck holding a bag of shit.

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sasquatch gives you the 4.7 axle final drive ratios . Makes a big difference and would be quite expensive if you actually go buy the axles and install them yourself.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, I never noticed this in '21 ordering process -
Maybe Ford really is trying to discourage people from ordering SAS w MT -
So the 'crazy' Sasquatch prices we see now '22 may be for real -

Edit :
Until more clarification - for now I restored the 'crazy' Sasquatch prices in Corrected Price List we made a few days ago -

It seems Ford really is telling people "If you add Sasquatch, then we'll throw-in Automatic Transmission - No Charge"
There isn't any question any longer that the SAS prices are correct. People all day have been reporting that they placed their 22 orders and the SAS pricing is real? I am one of them. I re-ordered at my dealers yesterday, added SAS to my Manual Transmission BL and it was $4,090 on my DORA. Can we stop talking about the atrocious ass cost of the manual SAS finally, it's real :ROFLMAO: .

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sasquatch gives you the 4.7 axle final drive ratios . Makes a big difference and would be quite expensive if you actually go buy the axles and install them yourself.
Base Badlands trim with the manual transmission comes with the 4.7 axle ratio standard.

Sponsored

cbrownabq

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge 2500 diesel
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have we confirmed with a dealer that 4-door base Sasquatch can’t come with manual or is it a B+P error??

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As a base 2.7 Sasquatch 2 door, the Sasquatch and auto trans combo is the only way to get the A4 AWD feature which is a must.

BaseSquatch
2 door
Modular bumper
Aux switches
41k from my dealer
You get 4A with the 7 speed and Sasquatch.

I am kicking around the idea of going to the 2.7/AT, but I'll probably keep my basemansquatch order as is. It's everything I want in a Bronco.

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That is good news. Has anyone place an order for a BaseManSquatch and been able to confirm the pricing?
Yeah. I can confirm it. It's $6590 for the Sasquatch package on a base 2 door manual. The 4A ups the vehicle price to $30,095. You are then at $36,685 without any options or destination.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have we confirmed with a dealer that 4-door base Sasquatch can’t come with manual or is it a B+P error??
The base 4 door comes with auto standard. No way to remove it no mater what options you may pick.
Sponsored