Sponsored

The issue no one is talking about. Or is it?

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel for all of you who have bad batch Broncos with no idea when they are going to ship and how long they will sit out in the elements, even after months being jealous of posts about build dates and vin numbers, I talked to my dealer yesterday about possibly changing to a 4 door soft top and they obviously can't promise if that will do anything other than possibly getting a 2021 when 2022's are being built and to hold out for my 2 door build I should be seeing it in approx. 6 months or so, now I have to wait til sometime in September to reorder a 2022 build and hope for the best and maybe get a Bronco by next summer?

I really think it all sucks but;

#1- 2021 Bronco's are going to be a rare breed and anyone who has/gets one is lucky
as hell ( that is what I signed up for!).

#2- 2022 Early Bronco builds it will feel better to just have purchased a new vehicle that's not a year model old already especially if you are making payments.

#3- Walk away and always look back.

I know this is all obvious info but somehow it makes me feel better talking to you all about it (becuase my Wife is pretty much over it already).

Good Luck to you all! for now I am sticking with my 2 Door (2022?) build .
Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Two links literally go to the same article about used "reconditioned" cars and the second is from forum post 13 years ago.

If you think your vehicle is rotting, then don't buy it. If you think your vehicle is a piece of shit, then don't buy it. If you don't trust Ford, then don't buy it.

By no reasonable standard would anybody consider a new car "rotting" for having been on the lot for a few months. My car will sit outside for a decade or more, so 2-5 months on a lot is absolutely no big deal.

You are literally searching for a problem, and doing a poor job of that.

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They are basically year old models with possible water damage from the leaking tops
Where does everyone get this leaking roof thing at? I saw 1 or 2 posts on here that it leaked. That's it. Everything else has been cosmetic. Even from the FAQ it states it's cosmetic. If you don't want it and are scared, back out. Simple as that.

Screenshot_20210812-130921_Adblock Browser.jpg

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Any '21 Bronco delivered alongside or after the '22s needs to be heavily discounted by Ford. If it were any other vehicle and you were buying a year old model you'd be getting a good bit off sticker, it's absurd they expect us to pay full price for last year's model.

LHD

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurais, Corvairs, 914-6, TT, F350 SD
Your Bronco Model
Base
My gripe is that rather than 99 my order and get something to build for SEMA, I settled on a manual Base no Squatch in order to get it sooner. Now it looks I will be getting a MY21 Dirt Mountain Bronco and it will be 22. My first scheduled build date was June 7 and built 7/12 which would have put it in my hands by now and frankly even with a sub par top I would have been happy. I am now forced to take what will be a year old model holdover thatā€™s been sitting 5+ months if I want this Bronco.

I remember buying a MY97 F150 off the floor mid 1996.

If I could dump my already built unit and re-order a 22 with my original time stamp, I absolutely would. I would then be able to order a Basesquatch and have 22 options available since the build is off now.

This dumpster fire has me pissed off.

Sponsored

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You just have not been paying attention, have you? What timeline has Ford met so far?
Ford delays:

* Reveal date
* Build and price
* Ordering
* Mod tops to MY22, wait no MY23 now
* May timeline estimate email > May we don't have any idea when you'll get your Bronco email.
* Production delays
* MIC to MY22
* First Editions to the very last second of MY21 Editions (we'll see how that goes)

It's a good record so far. I honestly don't know if there is a single step that has been on time to when they stated.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My gripe is that rather than 99 my order and get something to build for SEMA, I settled on a manual Base no Squatch in order to get it sooner. Now it looks I will be getting a MY21 Dirt Mountain Bronco and it will be 22. My first scheduled build date was June 7 and built 7/12 which would have put it in my hands by now and frankly even with a sub par top I would have been happy. I am now forced to take what will be a year old model holdover thatā€™s been sitting 5+ months if I want this Bronco.

I remember buying a MY97 F150 off the floor mid 1996.

If I could dump my already built unit and re-order a 22 with my original time stamp, I absolutely would. I would then be able to order a Basesquatch and have 22 options available since the build is off now.

This dumpster fire has me pissed off.
Kinda in the same boat. I wanted a base mansquatch but didnā€™t want to wait. Now it looks like I would have been as well off waiting. Iā€™m actually thinking of seeing what the market is for a dirt mountain Bronco when I get it this winter and ordering a mansquatch.

antman92

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i work at the dealership level in the auto world - ya'll need to calm down and not freak out over an issue such as this. yes its frustrating, yes its annoying. but at the end of the day you are all alive and (hopefully) healthy. I am annoyed and frustrated as I have parts sitting in my garage waiting for my bronco. However, with my background - EVERYTHING is backordered. Oil filters, wiper blades, hell even transmission oil is now back ordered.

I understand 99% of you will be aggressive with me because unfortunately thats all i read on here, but you guys just need to chill - maybe go smoke or drink something to calm you down :).

at the end of the day, we are ALL in the same boat in some way or the other, and its better if we all attempt to be nice instead of attacking everyone who has a different view on "WhY aM i NoT gEtTiNg My BrOnCo NowWwWwW!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Based on the live stream and email I thought bad batch retrofit starts in September?
Yeah, you are correct, per official word.
This is happening much faster than I thought, but I also thought the top would be an all new design.
It is not.
They are just adjusting the specs and tweaking the build process.

My primary concern is how long it will take to get through 3k(?) Dirt Mountain Broncos?
I'm betting they start top replacements on or very close to schedule, but I'd be amazed if they can swap out tops at a rate similar to installing them initially.

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
As much as I bash Ford, I actually think theyā€™re over estimating their timeline. From what I gather thereā€™s 2200 Broncos in purgatory. They can clear them out in a week easily. Ford is throwing every engineer and tradesmen they have at this issue and Iā€™m confident it will be quickly resolved. I might be wrong but I hope Iā€™m right. Itā€™s odd for me to be optimistic and I am. Also I donā€™t think they can sustain building 100% soft tops. My prediction is 3rd week in sept it will be worked out.

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just put in a new order now for what you want.
Buy the Dirt Pile Bronco when it's delivered.
Trade in or sell the Dirt Pile Bronco šŸ¤« when your second order gets to the dealership.

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I donā€™t know about discounts or rebates etc... But what I would want to know is what is Fords plan for preventive and predictive maintenance of these Broncos that will rot in a lot for months on end. Like OP mentioned with water damage/leaks from poor roofs, thereā€™s a long list of things that should be reviewed and managed on some frequency. With the amount of Broncos in this lot, you would need a full time team to take care of these.

Yes I agree that I would be unhappy receiving a MY21 in Q1 2022 that has been sitting in a lot for 6+ months, but the wear/tear, reliability, wiring, paint, etc is more concerning to me.
Those vehicles over at the toyota dealer down the street in Culver has vehicles been there. longer. sitting on the roof of a parking garage in 100 degree heat for months.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This only applies to the Bronco's under MAP jail. Since Ford has made it clear that they won't be received replacement MIC until October. Realisticly end of October or even November since they tend to over promise and under deliver. And we can expect them to take severals weeks at a minimum to several months; maybe even extending into 2022 for these #badbatchbronco for their tops to get replaced. So these Bronco's will be sitting at MAP at a minimum for 4 months to 6+ months plus another 4 weeks for delivery before they get delivered to dealers likely stretching into 2022. So is it really acceptable to take delivery of a 2021 "badbatchbronco" in 2022 for the same price, when they are building or maybe even deliverying the 2022 Bronco's. They are basically year old models with possible water damage from the leaking tops and the mechanical/physical deteriating components for being exposed to the elements and not being driven lubricating all the parts/seals. We are still expected to pay the same for a 6 month old Bronco that's been sitting and will instantly take a year hit on depresiation versus. I would rather put a new order in for a 2022, have it built and driving it within a month. But that's only if we can keep our original reservation time stamp. Anyone else think Ford should financial compense us 2021 builts since they won't be able to be bought until the end of the year which will put most of us in 2022 and buying a 2021? Thoughts? Anyone else not happy about buying a badbatchbronco that could have possible interior damage not noticable or worried about the mechanicals components sitting idle for such a long time without some sort of model end discount or incentive? Year end discount, rebate, trade-in assist, ford pass points or some sort of extended warranty? Or do you just don't care?
You poor soulā€¦how horrible it must be trapped in the front of the line, the horror! šŸ˜‚

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I opted for the Jeep. Ordered yesterday afternoon. Should have it first or second week of Nov.
Wow, we should be getting our Broncos around thenā€¦see you on the trails! šŸ˜‚
Sponsored