Sponsored

The issue no one is talking about. Or is it?

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You just have not been paying attention, have you? What timeline has Ford met so far?
But still on track to beat the Rivian, Cybertruck, Hummer, who am I missing…
Sponsored

Dannyboy71

Badlands
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe just maybe if you own a 21 MY dirt mountain bronco it could be a collectors dream in the far future. There is always a bright side.

OP
OP
Desert_6G

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My gripe is that rather than 99 my order and get something to build for SEMA, I settled on a manual Base no Squatch in order to get it sooner. Now it looks I will be getting a MY21 Dirt Mountain Bronco and it will be 22. My first scheduled build date was June 7 and built 7/12 which would have put it in my hands by now and frankly even with a sub par top I would have been happy. I am now forced to take what will be a year old model holdover that’s been sitting 5+ months if I want this Bronco.

I remember buying a MY97 F150 off the floor mid 1996.

If I could dump my already built unit and re-order a 22 with my original time stamp, I absolutely would. I would then be able to order a Basesquatch and have 22 options available since the build is off now.

This dumpster fire has me pissed off.
Completely agree with you. I'd dump my already built Bronco for a 22 if I can keep my original reservation and time stamp. Even if I have to wait until Spring for it. Atleast it will be a NEW build. Not one that's been lot sitting for 6 months.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I opted for the Jeep. Ordered yesterday afternoon. Should have it first or second week of Nov.
Bonus, you won't have to wait a year stuck behind a bunch of reservationists talking about their "reservation timestamps", lol.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Desert_6G

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone covered this very well in another thread yesterday by pointing out that dealers often have leftovers on their lot as much as 3 years old being sold as new.
Those are technically still new because they haven't been owned/registered before. But they are still 1-2years old and are usually heavily discounted. Mostly trims or colors no one wants.

OP
OP
Desert_6G

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I opted for the Jeep. Ordered yesterday afternoon. Should have it first or second week of Nov.
Even if Jeep was the only competition out there I'd still never buy one. I can't stand the driving characteristics of a SFA. And they aren't that comfortable to drive. Nothing about them appeals to me

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This only applies to the Bronco's under MAP jail. Since Ford has made it clear that they won't be received replacement MIC until October. Realisticly end of October or even November since they tend to over promise and under deliver. And we can expect them to take severals weeks at a minimum to several months; maybe even extending into 2022 for these #badbatchbronco for their tops to get replaced. So these Bronco's will be sitting at MAP at a minimum for 4 months to 6+ months plus another 4 weeks for delivery before they get delivered to dealers likely stretching into 2022. So is it really acceptable to take delivery of a 2021 "badbatchbronco" in 2022 for the same price, when they are building or maybe even deliverying the 2022 Bronco's. They are basically year old models with possible water damage from the leaking tops and the mechanical/physical deteriating components for being exposed to the elements and not being driven lubricating all the parts/seals. We are still expected to pay the same for a 6 month old Bronco that's been sitting and will instantly take a year hit on depresiation versus. I would rather put a new order in for a 2022, have it built and driving it within a month. But that's only if we can keep our original reservation time stamp. Anyone else think Ford should financial compense us 2021 builts since they won't be able to be bought until the end of the year which will put most of us in 2022 and buying a 2021? Thoughts? Anyone else not happy about buying a badbatchbronco that could have possible interior damage not noticable or worried about the mechanicals components sitting idle for such a long time without some sort of model end discount or incentive? Year end discount, rebate, trade-in assist, ford pass points or some sort of extended warranty? Or do you just don't care?
One doesn't have to accept it. Negotiate with the dealer.

elbroncodor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tacoma w/ long travel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those are technically still new because they haven't been owned/registered before. But they are still 1-2years old and are usually heavily discounted. Mostly trims or colors no one wants.
I think you've just discovered the answer to your question. Supply and demand. Are people going to still want these Broncos? Yes. Demand will still outstrip supply early next year. The price will not go down. You dont want one? Great, someone else will take it at full price, because they wont have an alternative.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you don’t trust a vehicle 6 months after it’s built, why would you buy one. It’s not a banana. It’s a machine that is built to sit outside.
It’s not that I don’t trust it. Mine will spend its whole life outside.

I compromised to get a MY21, and now it looks like I’ll take delivery close to when MY22s will be showing up. I could have waited, ordered a MY22, got what I wanted, with only a month or two difference in delivery. I guess if I’d a known this 9 months ago…

Reactions: LHD

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The issue no one is talking about. Or is it
These are the topics that, literally, most of the posts in this forum have been about the past few days.

And as far as this "lot rot" everyone is concerned about, do people realize the some cars can sit at dealerships for months? I go 2-3 months without driving my F250, sometimes even longer.

And there have been plenty of ideas thrown against the wall for additional compensation that people think they are due. It's not going to happen. Ford is giving people up to $1100 worth of pass points and that is it.

As far as selling these as new so close to MY22, or even after. If they are untitled then they are new.

For the record, I have a MIC build with an 8/30 production date that is so far holding, destined for dirt mountain exile and will probably be one of the last of the Bad-Batch to receive a new top.

MudCrawler

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150, Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Personally I would be happy if Ford gave us 20k extra warranty and 1 year for the inconvenience if we don't receive until end of the year or early next but not likely to happen.

Chaos

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For some reason people seem to think vehicles run off the assembly line, arrive at dealerships to be sold in a nice little bubble not ever exposed to the 'elements'.... Every vehicle has sat on a holding lot, many end up damaged in transport, even requiring body work and repainting and yes, they are sold as new. Bad roof, doesn't mean leaking roof.... That said, there certainly is a decent chance your vehicle and many more might get hit by a bad ice storm sitting out there. Maybe there will be loads of hail damaged vehicles for sale. From day 1 of this most recent debacle I have called into question the decision to replace the oldest roofs first.... bad decision 1. Bad decision 2 is holding the already built vehicles hostage due to bad roofs. Ford is getting a replacement system in place, ship the bad roof vehicles. Hell, I am a July 14 reservation holder and mine isn't even getting built, but I can easily put myself in someone situation and understand the frustration.
Sponsored