Sponsored

The issue no one is talking about. Or is it?

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This only applies to the Bronco's under MAP jail. Since Ford has made it clear that they won't be received replacement MIC until October. Realisticly end of October or even November since they tend to over promise and under deliver. And we can expect them to take severals weeks at a minimum to several months; maybe even extending into 2022 for these #badbatchbronco for their tops to get replaced. So these Bronco's will be sitting at MAP at a minimum for 4 months to 6+ months plus another 4 weeks for delivery before they get delivered to dealers likely stretching into 2022. So is it really acceptable to take delivery of a 2021 "badbatchbronco" in 2022 for the same price, when they are building or maybe even deliverying the 2022 Bronco's. They are basically year old models with possible water damage from the leaking tops and the mechanical/physical deteriating components for being exposed to the elements and not being driven lubricating all the parts/seals. We are still expected to pay the same for a 6 month old Bronco that's been sitting and will instantly take a year hit on depresiation versus. I would rather put a new order in for a 2022, have it built and driving it within a month. But that's only if we can keep our original reservation time stamp. Anyone else think Ford should financial compense us 2021 builts since they won't be able to be bought until the end of the year which will put most of us in 2022 and buying a 2021? Thoughts? Anyone else not happy about buying a badbatchbronco that could have possible interior damage not noticable or worried about the mechanicals components sitting idle for such a long time without some sort of model end discount or incentive? Year end discount, rebate, trade-in assist, ford pass points or some sort of extended warranty? Or do you just don't care?
Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

as long as the replacement MIC top isn't actually the MY23 MOD top, ...

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This only applies to the Bronco's under MAP jail. Since Ford has made it clear that they won't be received replacement MIC until October. Realisticly end of October or even November since they tend to over promise and under deliver. And we can expect them to take severals weeks at a minimum to several months; maybe even extending into 2022 for these #badbatchbronco for their tops to get replaced. So these Bronco's will be sitting at MAP at a minimum for 4 months to 6+ months plus another 4 weeks for delivery before they get delivered to dealers likely stretching into 2022. So is it really acceptable to take delivery of a 2021 "badbatchbronco" in 2022 for the same price, when they are building or maybe even deliverying the 2022 Bronco's. They are basically year old models with possible water damage from the leaking tops and the mechanical/physical deteriating components for being exposed to the elements and not being driven lubricating all the parts/seals. We are still expected to pay the same for a 6 month old Bronco that's been sitting and will instantly take a year hit on depresiation versus. I would rather put a new order in for a 2022, have it built and driving it within a month. But that's only if we can keep our original reservation time stamp. Anyone else think Ford should financial compense us 2021 builts since they won't be able to be bought until the end of the year which will put most of us in 2022 and buying a 2021? Thoughts? Anyone else not happy about buying a badbatchbronco that could have possible interior damage not noticable or worried about the mechanicals components sitting idle for such a long time without some sort of model end discount or incentive? Year end discount, rebate, trade-in assist, ford pass points or some sort of extended warranty? Or do you just don't care?
Interesting points. Most of my new cars, ive bought end of year models, and the warranty and mileage starts when i actually take posession, and it hasn't mattered. You ask some important questions, though, especially if delivery of our 2021 Purgatory models stretches into December and January, 2022. However, we will hear our delivery dates is September, and we'll have a better idea then.

Personally, however, I regard all this as a Bronco adventure. The world has been turned upside down the past 20 months, as has the auto manufacturing world, and many other parts of our world. So intertwined with my frustration is a sense that everyone is doing their best, and there is much out of our control. I don't have to buy a Bronco, or wait for a Bronco, but I choose to do so. Peace.

Last edited:

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't think your opinion is supported in any factual or realistic way. "Car lots" will store and sell cars, out in the open, often after months of sun, snow, rain etc.

Life would be better if you stopped looking for reason to be aggrieved.

Sponsored

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The term new car has several definitions, depending on the source and purpose of the definition, (i.e. IRS depreciation, state fraud laws, etc.) Generally it means that a car has not been titled subsequent to manufacture. For example, FCA sold 5 2017 Vipers in 2019 from old dealer stock as new cars. I believe that the dirt mountain bad batch Broncos would technically be new cars.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't think your opinion is supported in any factual or realistic way. "Car lots" will store and sell cars, out in the open, often after months of sun, snow, rain etc.
Exactly. We bought my wife's F-150 in April. It was built in August of last year. So, that's at least 7 months on the lot if you allow a full month of transit. And her truck is a popular trim and color (STX in Velocity Blue). I'm sure the Black one sat on the lot even longer.

We did make the dealership replace the battery before we drove off, but that's pretty minor.

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m not worried about any of that.
Ford made this announcement because they know the new tooling works and they have a plan and schedule.
If they fall behind on the lot Broncos their whole timeline goes out the window and they’re screwed for the FEs

I think will see the June blends start to be shipped by mid October
Yes of course anything could go wrong especially these days but hopefully Ford will do it right this time.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wanna swap?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m not worried about any of that.
Ford made this announcement because they know the new tooling works and they have a plan and schedule.
If they fall behind on the lot Broncos their whole timeline goes out the window and they’re screwed for the FEs

I think will see the June blends start to be shipped by mid October
Yes of course anything could go wrong especially these days but hopefully Ford will do it right this time.

You just have not been paying attention, have you? What timeline has Ford met so far?
Sponsored