Sponsored

The issue no one is talking about. Or is it?

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I don’t know about discounts or rebates etc... But what I would want to know is what is Fords plan for preventive and predictive maintenance of these Broncos that will rot in a lot for months on end. Like OP mentioned with water damage/leaks from poor roofs, there’s a long list of things that should be reviewed and managed on some frequency. With the amount of Broncos in this lot, you would need a full time team to take care of these.

Yes I agree that I would be unhappy receiving a MY21 in Q1 2022 that has been sitting in a lot for 6+ months, but the wear/tear, reliability, wiring, paint, etc is more concerning to me.
Sponsored

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My guess would be that they slap a soft top on them and roll them out to the people they are urging to “switch to a soft top if you want your bronco sooner”. It’s not like they would just build a new bronco because you changed your order when they have one sitting there that they can slap a soft top on and let out of jail.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't think your opinion is supported in any factual or realistic way. "Car lots" will store and sell cars, out in the open, often after months of sun, snow, rain etc.

Life would be better if you stopped looking for reason to be aggrieved.
The window sticker shows the build date and some would be surprised how long vehicles have been sitting.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless the parked Broncos missed prescribed maintenance stated in the manual, I would doubt there is a case for claiming any depreciation. Oil is usually suggested to be changed every so-many-months, regardless of use, and some 4x4 manuals suggest cycling into and running the 4x4 components every once in a while, for example.

A manufacturer views these things important enough to void warranties, so if you can prove maintenance wasn't performed, you might use it in negotiotiations or to get some extended coverage? If they refuse to budge, though, I doubt any resulting suit would win more money than the lawsuit would cost.

Sponsored

Dubsilk

Badlands
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M240 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP has a point. When a new model year is available, the last year model on a dealer's lot can be purchased at a discount. Dealer needs to move the inventory to make room for the new inventory and why would someone pay the same price for an old model when they can purchase a new model.

So, yes, I would be a little ticked about paying full price for a '21 when the '22 may be released 30 days later. However, there isn't new inventory coming and Ford/dealer has no business reason to discount it. So, I think we are stuck.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since when is parked bad? It's not like these broncos are a gallon of milk with an expiration date lol. I've driven my 12' f350 one time since April when we hauled our 66 to Super Celebration and that one time was at the end of April even. I don't understand concern over them sitting. That's what vehicles do, just some more than others.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Kinda like marrying a girl who just turned 18, but being told you can come back and pick her up when she finishes college in 4 years. Oh, that Frat Party... that's nothing compared to the mice out at Dirt Mountain!!!

Ford Bronco The issue no one is talking about. Or is it? Dirt-Mountain (1)

Thanks for the F-shack!!! Dirty Mike and the Crew.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I don’t know about discounts or rebates etc... But what I would want to know is what is Fords plan for preventive and predictive maintenance of these Broncos that will rot in a lot for months on end. Like OP mentioned with water damage/leaks from poor roofs, there’s a long list of things that should be reviewed and managed on some frequency. With the amount of Broncos in this lot, you would need a full time team to take care of these.

Yes I agree that I would be unhappy receiving a MY21 in Q1 2022 that has been sitting in a lot for 6+ months, but the wear/tear, reliability, wiring, paint, etc is more concerning to me.
You think a new vehicle will rot after being outdoors for a couple of months? LOL

Sponsored

webspoke

Badlands
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Based on the live stream and email I thought bad batch retrofit starts in September?

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I get the OPs point, but with dealers marking up Bronco’s by more than $20,000 in some cases, Ford had no reason to offer a discount.

They will likely ship dealer models at the same time, with 2021 stickers, and you can bet no one will get a deal on them.

The Bronco is to popular at the moment and the lack of inventory just makes the old saying true, supply and demand.

If you get frustrated and cancel your reservation, it will be sold and no one will bat an eye. Just the nature of the current market.

As sad as it sounds, Ford locking your price and offering pass points is in this case akin to getting a last years model at a discount at the end of the year.

Last edited:

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can I just go pick out an orphan, slap a Bimini top on it, and drive it home?

:p

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

lindertw

Base
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Personally, however, I regard all this as a Bronco adventure. The world has been turned upside down the past 20 months, as has the auto manufacturing world, and many other parts of our world. So intertwined with my frustration is a sense that everyone is doing their best, and there is much out of our control. I don't have to buy a Bronco, or wait for a Bronco, but I choose to do so. Peace.
well said. it'll get here when it gets here and I'll enjoy every minute of it then.
Sponsored