First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I tow a 6000 lbs trailer with my Gladiator every month or so. No problems at all with the 3.6 getting me up the Sierras. It can get a little loud on steep sections, but otherwise it does the job. So saying the 3.6 doesn't tow is not true. It is more about gearing for torque than engine size.

It is a no frills, simple, reliable engine. I think I still like the Ford v6 better, but I don't have any issues with the Pentastar.

The Diesel over heats in the Gladiator towing. Jeep can't keep it cool. So as long as you are not towing with it, it is a good option too. Lots of guys having issues towing with it on the Gladiator forum. It is also much heavier and the front suspension bottoms out on it regularly. The Wrangler probably doesn't have these same issues.
Sponsored

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I test drove a 3.6 gladiator and thought it was fine. It does better higher in the rpms but the auto likes to shift early so it feels a little gutless because of that

foremi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, T1 V10, T7, YXZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do some research on the global shipping market and emissions before attacking me for deleting my personal vehicle. I don’t roll coal, I run a very clean tune. I drive like a sane adult and did this for my vehicle’s longevity. I, too hunt, hike & camp. Love the outdoors. Don’t love the virtue signaling from the EPA about how our personal vehicles are massively contribution to the world greenhouse gas problem. 1 cargo ship emits as much pollution as 50 million vehicles. There’s over 6,000 operating in our oceans. My lone deleted diesel won’t be the contributing factor to global climate change or air quality problems, I assure you.
You can always point to a bigger fish, but that doesn't mean you should not do your part. We have a solution for passenger vehicles that helps. We don't that I know of for cargo ships.

The mentality that "X is bigger than I, so why should I care" spreads like wildfire among the lazy.

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can always point to a bigger fish, but that doesn't mean you should not do your part. We have a solution for passenger vehicles that helps. We don't that I know of for cargo ships.

The mentality that "X is bigger than I, so why should I care" spreads like wildfire among the lazy.
When my vehicle strands me 50 miles in the woods (which it did) in the winter with a clogged DPF and no cell service on a hunting trip in Idaho, I take a hard look at reliability improvements. I wish the manufacturers had more reliable systems in place where this wasn’t an issue. Don’t worry though, deleting newer diesels than mine is very difficult now. Call me lazy if you want but I value reliability more than eco friendly in some instances.

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Besides the 14 JKUR with a 3.6 I have a '14 2500 Ram with 6.7 all stock and it runs great. In Cal we test diesel every 2 years to get reg. The modern diesel is great as long as everything works. But it's very complicated with smog crap. I've had stuff fail. DPF, SCR cat, NOX. All expensive but warranty. I would not want a diesel in a JK or Bronco. Eventually everything will be hy bred weather we want it or not. My next RV tow truck will be a gas. The smog on a diesel is Federal law. Just cuz your area doesn't test doesn't male it legal to remove it. But I hate the crap too.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There are two drive lines that Jeep offers that I would want.

The 3.6L and the 4xe.

The 3.6L because it is the only one mated to the row it yourself. Which is my preference for a Jeep.

The 4xe for the improved gas mileage. But my driving would not lend it self well to the small battery pack on the 4xe and then the mpg is worse than the 3.6.

Basically not much to offer me.
Sponsored