First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I love these: "this vs. that" videos and comparisons. Which is better?
Which is better for what? What is the mission for your vehicle?
I live on the roads and not the off-road radical type. These vehicles just eat up the roadways with true confidence, power, comfort, stability, technology, towing, free spirited driving with open air. And if your the off roading type the correct package like my Wildtraks will take good care of you😁

v8venom

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2021 392 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a Jeep and Bronco owner I chuckle at these videos. I drive my vehicles both on and off road and each vehicle has their deficiencies. For example, the Bronco does not have the articulation the Jeep has and throws tires in the air like it wants to Jeep wave while the Jeep confidently remains on the ground in the same set of circumstances. On the highway at higher speeds, my two door Rubicon is not as pleasant to drive as my 2 door Bronco and I thoroughly enjoy that experience created by the IFS and Bilstein shocks.

Now my 392 Wrangler absolutely obliterates the pavement in ways the Bronco could only dream and then off-road it eats up rocks too. So again these videos/comments while subjective are usually biased and people have a hard time being honest about the capabilities and deficiencies of their vehicles.

OP
OP
Ice Age

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
As a Jeep and Bronco owner I chuckle at these videos. I drive my vehicles both on and off road and each vehicle has their deficiencies. For example, the Bronco does not have the articulation the Jeep has and throws tires in the air like it wants to Jeep wave while the Jeep confidently remains on the ground in the same set of circumstances. On the highway at higher speeds, my two door Rubicon is not as pleasant to drive as my 2 door Bronco and I thoroughly enjoy that experience created by the IFS and Bilstein shocks.

Now my 392 Wrangler absolutely obliterates the pavement in ways the Bronco could only dream and then off-road it eats up rocks too. So again these videos/comments while subjective are usually biased and people have a hard time being honest about the capabilities and deficiencies of their vehicles.
Great response and really what I am implying😁 is hey Wrangler owners keep your Jeeps😂. I don’t want everyone owning a Bronco😎. And yes I know the vehicles and love competition.

Sponsored

v8venom

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great response and really what I am implying😁 is hey Wrangler owners keep your Jeeps😂. I don’t want everyone owning a Bronco😎. And yes I know the vehicles and love competition.
I think brand loyalty will keep the majority of Jeep owners away from the Bronco. I am on Jeep forums too and some of the fanboy-ing over there gets comical too. The 392 and Extreme Recon package are a direct result of the Bronco and as you point out the competition ultimately is better for the consumer.

I love owning both because they provide different driving experiences and its a way me and my wife can both go off-roading in our own vehicles and I don't have to be in a Jeep the entire time lol I am admittedly a Ford enthusiast as I have owned Mustangs for years, but I can't deny how good the Jeep is off-road and the 392 is just a fun machine on and off-road.

BeechAV8R

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Trophy Truck 7.0L LSX
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think brand loyalty will keep the majority of Jeep owners away from the Bronco. I am on Jeep forums too and some of the fanboy-ing over there gets comical too. The 392 and Extreme Recon package are a direct result of the Bronco and as you point out the competition ultimately is better for the consumer.

I love owning both because they provide different driving experiences and its a way me and my wife can both go off-roading in our own vehicles and I don't have to be in a Jeep the entire time lol I am admittedly a Ford enthusiast as I have owned Mustangs for years, but I can't deny how good the Jeep is off-road and the 392 is just a fun machine on and off-road.
Whoever is responsible for pushing Jeep to produce the 392 Rubicon; All I can say is Thank You! The 392/Rubicon has been one of my funnest street legal vehicles to date; both on and off-road!! Something that not many seem to bring up in these us vs. them discussions, and is very appealing to me as someone who loves to modify vehicles, is the fact that just about anything imaginable is available in the aftermarket for the Wrangler platform.

v8venom

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whoever is responsible for pushing Jeep to produce the 392 Rubicon; All I can say is Thank You! The 392/Rubicon has been one of my funnest street legal vehicles to date; both on and off-road!! Something that not many seem to bring up in these us vs. them discussions, and is very appealing to me as someone who loves to modify vehicles, is the fact that just about anything imaginable is available in the aftermarket for the Wrangler platform.
As an owner of the 392 I can attest to this statement being 100% truth. I am currently working with Whipple on making it a whole lot more fun too. My best friend is Dustin's right hand man so in a few months there will probably be a big blower under that hood.

v8venom

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve never wanted a Jeep because I don’t want a vehicle that’s miserable to drive on the highway, but I sure would like a 392-equivalent Bronco.
The JL is not bad at all on the highway. The 2 door JL is eh, but the 4 door is much better and the 392 is even better than that. Surprisingly can handle high speed cornering better than you'd think. I was shocked after the first few turns I took, especially having already owned a JL for the previous four years.

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Jeep owners are passed that they are not the owners of a unique, low production, hard to purchase at MSRP or less. They just hate having to wave at every tenth vehicle on the street. Or coming out of WalMart and being unable to distinguish their ride from the other 100 in the lot. They even hate that they can mount all the crap they want on their front bumper without a single warning light going off.

Although if they own a 2021 and up they just love having that teeny tiny appendage hanging out the back. Has anyone done a comparison side by side? "My dongle is bigger than yours" or does size of the rear camera not matter? Lol

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Jeep owners are passed that they are not the owners of a unique, low production, hard to purchase at MSRP or less. They just hate having to wave at every tenth vehicle on the street. Or coming out of WalMart and being unable to distinguish their ride from the other 100 in the lot. They even hate that they can mount all the crap they want on their front bumper without a single warning light going off.

Although if they own a 2021 and up they just love having that teeny tiny appendage hanging out the back. Has anyone done a comparison side by side? "My dongle is bigger than yours" or does size of the rear camera not matter? Lol
...you forgot being pissed that Wrangler custom orders don't count against dealer allocation. What are they, some kind of commie hippies?
Sponsored