Sponsored

The longer the wait, the more I question my build.

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
7/14 reservation and been active on this forum since. Last summer was here everyday hoping for any bit of trickled news and updates to come out like a hamster at it's water feeder. Build and price comes out and I get to spend day after day building 100 different versions of this thing to figure out exactly what options I can and can't build on every trim. Follow along the threads on benefits and drawbacks for each and every trim and option praying for ordering to open so I can get my plan locked in and not have to worry about it anymore:

4 Door
Black Diamond
Cyber Orange
Hard-top
Mid-Package

Easy-peasy, finally happy with what I've settled on. A good balance of price and features it's got all the offroading capability I'd ever put it through, looks amazing, <$45,000, heated seats for the wife, and the advanced 4x4 for extra feeling of security in Minnesota winters (black ice on highways). And then the waiting, waiting, waiting, not much new news to come in, not much left to do, just wait. Delays, hard-top commodity constraints, VIP orders... God will I ever get an email? MPG numbers come out, somewhat worse than hoping, but I guess should have been expected with the gearing and the armor and whatnot, but man, am I sure this build is right for me? Do I Really need the rear lockers? Do I really need washout floors and MGV? Can I get by with less?

Suddenly I'm now back on build and price, building up the same configs and options I did months ago and questioning every single option in my build and now I've spiraled down to, "why do I need any of this? I am certain I would be absolutely happy in a rapid red, 4 door, hardtop base with some aux switches, a manual, and maybe some better A/T tires." I'd save $10,000, get better MPG, do all the wheeling I probably would put the black diamond through anyways, and probably save enough to justify not trading in my current car.

God I wish I had a VIN so I could put all this away and just look forward to receiving my Bronco.

Anyways, how's everyone else's Thursday?
Sponsored

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

7/14 reservation and been active on this forum since. Last summer was here everyday hoping for any bit of trickled news and updates to come out like a hamster at it's water feeder. Build and price comes out and I get to spend day after day building 100 different versions of this thing to figure out exactly what options I can and can't build on every trim. Follow along the threads on benefits and drawbacks for each and every trim and option praying for ordering to open so I can get my plan locked in and not have to worry about it anymore:

4 Door
Black Diamond
Cyber Orange
Hard-top
Mid-Package

Easy-peasy, finally happy with what I've settled on. A good balance of price and features it's got all the offroading capability I'd ever put it through, looks amazing, <$45,000, heated seats for the wife, and the advanced 4x4 for extra feeling of security in Minnesota winters (black ice on highways). And then the waiting, waiting, waiting, not much new news to come in, not much left to do, just wait. Delays, hard-top commodity constraints, VIP orders... God will I ever get an email? MPG numbers come out, somewhat worse than hoping, but I guess should have been expected with the gearing and the armor and whatnot, but man, am I sure this build is right for me? Do I Really need the rear lockers? Do I really need washout floors and MGV? Can I get by with less?

Suddenly I'm now back on build and price, building up the same configs and options I did months ago and questioning every single option in my build and now I've spiraled down to, "why do I need any of this? I am certain I would be absolutely happy in a rapid red, 4 door, hardtop base with some aux switches, a manual, and maybe some better A/T tires." I'd save $10,000, get better MPG, do all the wheeling I probably would put the black diamond through anyways, and probably save enough to justify not trading in my current car.

God I wish I had a VIN so I could put all this away and just look forward to receiving my Bronco.

I'm questioning my my Black Diamond build. My order is for a 4dr with Mid, Squatch, and 2.7. $51k ish. I keep going back and forth with that and the Wildtrak w/ High. I really want the headlights and the 12" screen. On the flip side I don't want cloth, carpet, and a rubber bumper.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

4 Door
Black Diamond
Cyber Orange
Hard-top
Mid-Package

That's what happened to me a few weeks ago. Was originally a BD w/ 2.7, sas and realized I really didn't need the marine vinyl, which I am not impressed with once I actually saw it and didn't need the washout floors. I can get a nice set of seat covers and mats that will do most of the job. I can also pull the seats and spray under the carpet if I want a project. I ended up w/ a base sas and saving about $5k on stuff I don't need. Can use that money for aftermarket stuff.

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Keep your BD. Don't change to Base!

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine just continues to be upgraded, not downgraded. Ford really nailed it with me by making me wait. ;)
Sponsored