Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Everglades / 2021 Kia Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I am not gonna hate on the MIC gray as it doesn't actually bother me on its own. What DOES bother me is that the non-paint components (plastics) don't match. Handles, top, mirrors, etc. I just feel like they should match one direction or the other.
Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am not gonna hate on the MIC gray as it doesn't actually bother me on its own. What DOES bother me is that the non-paint components (plastics) don't match. Handles, top, mirrors, etc. I just feel like they should match one direction or the other.
That’s the main reason we hate the grey. It matches nothing! Same shade as the Carbonized grey grill (the grill is AWESOME) but being next to all the other black trim pieces makes it look old and faded.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Most of the issues are regardless of the outer shell but there are others that are unique to the MIC and Modular shells as well.
Sounds like the person that said tops would be a big issue wasn't lying?

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Most of the issues are regardless of the outer shell but there are others that are unique to the MIC and Modular shells as well.
I've been wondering, are the 2 and 4 dr tops exactly the same with the exception of the center section?

Might my 2 dr MIC be of value to somebody who bought a 4 dr soft top? Could they buy my top and a center section from Ford, theoretically?

If Bestop has a doctor available soon after I take delivery I might just go that route.

Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
None of the panels or roof section are interchangeable between the 2dr and 4dr.
Dammit.

Maybe "top delete" will be an option on the 2dr b&p.

Or maybe I'll build a dog house out if it.

Good luck getting everything straightened out. I'm rooting for you guys!

Bronco007

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD PRO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm ordering Badlands (Area 51) + Sasquatch. I have decided to wait for the white modular tops mainly because you can remove the side windows. But then I was thinking if I got the color matching (Area 51) modular top and just wrap (3M) the top roof panels in white. Would that look better?

Is anyone good at photoshop that I compare side by side? I'm just imagining it all in my head.

That way when I remove the roof panels they will be protected. I'll have my white top but the shell will be matching the body. I will probably not remove the shell that often since the windows are removable. And I will probably get some aftermarket steel rear window molle panels I'm sure they will make for the broncos. They will look awesome plus protect the side windows from anyone reaching in for a quick grab.

1CFECF88-2C2C-4F6D-8C5F-01E8C6B20143-1311-0000003B9CCABCAE.png

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Mine will see 303 Aerospace Protectant a couple times a month ?‍♂
that’s funny for me. I wash my Jeep maybe once a year? No mud here, with annual rainfall about 4”. Usually just dust on the body and the Jeep is white so it’s hard to see how dirty it is. My black hard top looks like MIC already so I am good with MIC top on the B6G.

Mountain Goat

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 BMW 325i, '17 VW Alltrack, '20 Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
that’s funny for me. I wash my Jeep maybe once a year? No mud here, with annual rainfall about 4”. Usually just dust on the body and the Jeep is white so it’s hard to see how dirty it is. My black hard top looks like MIC already so I am good with MIC top on the B6G.
I meant a couple times a year. I have no idea why I said a couple times a month, that would be a royal pain and a waste of time.

Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@BroncoGuy

Do you know if the MIC top can be painted (and I would use a professional body shop and paint it Oxford white)? Would it need sanded first? Any thoughts as it seems your in the know on the tops...

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn’t read this whole thread but I think the fact that scratches and superficial damage won’t show is a very under rated feature of the MIC top. It’s 100% what sold me. I don’t hate the gray but I absolutely love the fact that I won’t have to worry about scratches showing through like they do on Jeep tops.

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn’t read this whole thread but I think the fact that scratches and superficial damage won’t show is a very under rated feature of the MIC top. It’s 100% what sold me. I don’t hate the gray but I absolutely love the fact that I won’t have to worry about scratches showing through like they do on Jeep tops.
totally agree it’s also lighter than the late availability painted top

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am leaning towards an Area 51 Wildtrak and I think the McGray top looks alright with that color. What looks like ass is when you mix in the other trim bits in glossy black - mirrors, b pillars, grill, etc...

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm doing the OBX, so those factors will not be as big a deal. I have actually come to like the MIC and I think it will wind up bein a better look than the painted top.
I think that in the production models you will see most of those plastic components line up color wise. What would have stuck out is shadow black top and charcoal everything else. Just what you are talking about.
I think the MIC is a blessing in disguise.
Sponsored