Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@BroncoGuy

Do you know if the MIC top can be painted (and I would use a professional body shop and paint it Oxford white)? Would it need sanded first? Any thoughts as it seems your in the know on the tops...
I wish I had a dollar for every time I've seen this question asked. I'd have a down payment for my Bronco.
Some have said a lot of prep work would be required and it might turn out OK. Someone else suggested there may be a product in the mold release that would not allow paint to properly adhere.
Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wish I had a dollar for every time I've seen this question asked. I'd have a down payment for my Bronco.
Some have said a lot of prep work would be required and it might turn out OK. Someone else suggested there may be a product in the mold release that would not allow paint to properly adhere.
Yes but apparently @BroncoGuy works for the company who makes the tops so asking him is different than asking the general bronco6g members...

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The better one than that is every time I drive my '75 and someone says, "hey did you hear they are coming out with a new one?".... I just have to act surprised to be polite. :)

ozzz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i apologize if this has been answered... 100 times, but are the rear window panels solid grey or will they actually be windows on the MIC? i get they aren't removable (i think). i keep seeing so many versions and the b&p is not clear....

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

What I read about this on the Jeep forums is the paint shop has to heat the top first to leach out some chemicals that would otherwise leach out under the paint - then properly prep and paint it. This can be done properly for under $1000.

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i apologize if this has been answered... 100 times, but are the rear window panels solid grey or will they actually be windows on the MIC? i get they aren't removable (i think). i keep seeing so many versions and the b&p is not clear....
Actual windows. Not removable.

The solid grey ones you've seen was a one-off.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've seen and touched the top in person, it's great. Pictures and videos don't do the Bronco justice at all, especially ones like that Overland model.

Collin_Cope

Outer Banks
First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition, Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm doing the OBX, so those factors will not be as big a deal. I have actually come to like the MIC and I think it will wind up bein a better look than the painted top.
I think that in the production models you will see most of those plastic components line up color wise. What would have stuck out is shadow black top and charcoal everything else. Just what you are talking about.
I think the MIC is a blessing in disguise.
I am also doing OBX - Antimmatter Blue and I think the MIC could be alright given the color match flares and mirrors, etc.

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model