First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey Zach, Who would be the appropriate contact to order a gladiator? And is 3-4 months still a reasonable estimate on lead time?
I'd say 4 months is a good lead time. Jackie handled our Jeep orders and her best contact is [email protected]
Jackie was fantastic working through my Wrangler order. FWIW, I'm into month 3 since ordering and no build date. But I do have a bunch of microchip stuff (tow, SOT, front camera) on my build so ... 🤷‍♂️

At least I have a VIN and a hope that it'll get built this year, unlike my Bronco order.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Jackie was fantastic working through my Wrangler order. FWIW, I'm into month 3 since ordering and no build date. But I do have a bunch of microchip stuff (tow, SOT, front camera) on my build so ... 🤷‍♂️

At least I have a VIN and a hope that it'll get built this year, unlike my Bronco order.
I understand. It's sad the way Ford has handled the Bronco roll out. I'm to the point that it really doesn't matter if I get a Bronco, or not. The thrill is certainly gone for me. I worked with Jackie last week on a Grand Cherokee order. She's one of the best to deal with. I had several questions, and of course they weren't at the same time. She got back with me within an hour to answer each one. Zach's lucky to have her on the payroll.

Just for giggles I sent the PDF of my build to another forum dealership here, and all I've gotten was a phone call after I spoke with the reps boss (she never got back with me). Then an email that she had sent the build to one of her managers. It's been radio silence ever since.

Last edited:

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

We just bought a Grand Cherokee locally and essentially none of the ones coming off the line have towing because they can't get the wiring harness for some reason even at the factory.

So instead of a $700 option from the factory that gives you beefier alternator, cooling to go with your hitch and wiring you get to pay $1000 for just the Mopar hitch and wire (whenever the wire is actually available).

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We just bought a Grand Cherokee locally and essentially none of the ones coming off the line have towing because they can't get the wiring harness for some reason even at the factory.

So instead of a $700 option from the factory that gives you beefier alternator, cooling to go with your hitch and wiring you get to pay $1000 for just the Mopar hitch and wire (whenever the wire is actually available).

Do ya still get the alternator, the air suspension, and extra cooling? TBH those are things I paid that price for, and buy an aftermartet hitch. :)

Last edited:

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do ya stillk get the alternator, the air suspension, and extra cooling? TBH those are things I paid that price for, and buy an aftermartet hitch. :)
exactly. I don't tow at all and I always look at the tow packages to see if I get HD cooling and alternator (larger battery). That is the stuff that matters, not a hitch.

I was about ready to pull the trigger on a GC myself, then was reading up on no being able to get the e-diff, so I waited and then they jumped the pricing up big time a few months ago, so now it is even more for less. Overland with off-road package and Mcintosh stereo would fit the bill nicely. It would be nice if they shoved the 3.0 I6 in there, but I could get by with the 5.7.

Sponsored

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
exactly. I don't tow at all and I always look at the tow packages to see if I get HD cooling and alternator (larger battery). That is the stuff that matters, not a hitch.

I was about ready to pull the trigger on a GC myself, then was reading up on no being able to get the e-diff, so I waited and then they jumped the pricing up big time a few months ago, so now it is even more for less. Overland with off-road package and Mcintosh stereo would fit the bill nicely. It would be nice if they shoved the 3.0 I6 in there, but I could get by with the 5.7.
That was exactly us. We LOVED that McIntosh on the test drive. But just couldn’t justify the $11k more than the limited trim. The bells and whistles (stereo, Napa leather, air suspension, towing, tech, tech II, sunroof, etc) were technically worth that but we didn’t need them and couldn’t justify that payment having just closed on a house. And paid mucho over asking for it.

We were able to get into a 2021 at just under msrp. I was directed to this dealer via Costco but I don’t know how much that mattered considering this was a service loaner. the Costco deal is “100% msrp”. Back in the day it Costco auto would be 8% off the final number.

Apparently jeep is guaranteeing Wagoneer buyers a service loaner of a Wagoneer or “at least a JGC-L” to compete with Tahoe/Expedition so naturally all of their loaners are GC-L’s and that’s what we wound up with. The 2022’s are significantly more and if that’s all we could compare to we’d be in that Overland model.

We actually love it and just want towing on it for miscellaneous things.

Last edited:

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Thank you - I’ll call the after market guy tomorrow on the engine upgrades and see what’s what. Not that we tow at the limit but for the $ that ought to come with it. Wish me luck.

Jroub21

Black Diamond
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Raptor ‘17 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm #266 (as of this March 15 list) and when I was placing my order in February I was "in the 300's"

By my math I'm looking at June 2024 at this pace.
February of ‘21 or ‘22?

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
February of ‘21 or ‘22?
My terminology may be off but in 21 I place an order knowing I’d have to do it again for a 22. In February 2022 I finally signed all the real order paperwork.

Sponsored

Jroub21

Black Diamond
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Raptor ‘17 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My terminology may be off but in 21 I place an order knowing I’d have to do it again for a 22. In February 2022 I finally signed all the real order paperwork.
ok, I gotcha! Reservation of feb ‘21. I was thinking Res and Order on same day this last Feb lol

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
ok, I gotcha! Reservation of feb ‘21. I was thinking Res and Order on same day this last Feb lol

Yeah it's confusing
Oct 1, 2020 reservation
2021 "order" to hold pricing knowing I would be in a 2022 (or later...) model year.
February 2022 "Real order"

I'm guessing I'm realistically looking at either 2023 or 2024 by the time I actually have a Bronco unless Granger is able to get more allocation.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Zach@Granger
Do you have an updated list? After the 54 allotment I should be nearing the top of the list depending on how much Ford jumped around.
Yes, I'm getting ready to post it shortly.

craig_riggs

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Landcruiser, Tacoma, Q3, Prado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Zach@Granger
Any update on the allocation since April? I don’t believe I have seen anything since then. Thanks!
Sponsored