Sponsored

The million dollar mudflap fix (for Squatch rock fling)

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been thinking about this exact same thing. My idea is to slide over the end of the rail like a boot with flap. Here is a photo of a test idea. I think 3d printing something like this would be great! Thoughts?
B6ED46E3-8008-4107-ADE1-370979668718.jpeg
125C41E8-8A76-4FCB-8595-182926F16676.jpeg

B651D0AE-0E3D-44C4-97EE-7252D3560E4C.jpeg
Yeah man! Except I'd go internal, like the cap. If your rails is already Filthy with mud and dirt, you'll end up scratching it all up. And probably struggle with fitting.
Exactly what i was thinking though!
I'd personally try to follow the form of the flair straight down and try to blend it in as best as possible.
Keep us posted! 👍🏻👌🏻💪🏻🤙🏻
Kinda like....

B6ED46E3-8008-4107-ADE1-370979668718.jpeg
Sponsored

Winni Made

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

this is great idea if someone can make this work.

Biltwild

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Nissan Titan Pro-4x , 2021 Ford Bronco 4Dr BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah man! Except I'd go internal, like the cap. If your rails is already Filthy with mud and dirt, you'll end up scratching it all up. And probably struggle with fitting.
Exactly what i was thinking though!
I'd personally try to follow the form of the flair straight down and try to blend it in as best as possible.
Keep us posted! 👍🏻👌🏻💪🏻🤙🏻
Kinda like....

Ford Bronco The million dollar mudflap fix (for Squatch rock fling) B6ED46E3-8008-4107-ADE1-370979668718
Yes! Sounds good. I agree with going inside the rail. Use the existing holes to secure the piece in place once it’s slid in. Going to finish up my prototype and test fit then I’ll draw up the 3D model. Maybe make it a downloadable file if anyone want to print their own. I’ll keep ya guys posted!

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes! Sounds good. I agree with going inside the rail. Use the existing holes to secure the piece in place once it’s slid in. Going to finish up my prototype and test fit then I’ll draw up the 3D model. Maybe make it a downloadable file if anyone want to print their own. I’ll keep ya guys posted!
Kinda funny now seeing the Raptor with similar "augmented" mudflaps.
Somehow I feel this design will be better 👍🏻

Kcmojoe76

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will definitely download it and print it once I get my bronco (hopefully next month).

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's exactly what I did. The people on this forum crack me up. Part of offroading is fabricating your own stuff.
Ford Bronco The million dollar mudflap fix (for Squatch rock fling) B6ED46E3-8008-4107-ADE1-370979668718
I like it!

Wait till I show off my rub rails welded to the stock rock rails. I'm all about modifying to improve.

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like it!

Wait till I show off my rub rails welded to the stock rock rails. I'm all about modifying to improve.
I would of rather punched a hole in the flap than chop my rock rail, but hey... 🤷
Chopping is modifying too!

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
why don't you remove the front cap from the rails, cut the rails down so that cheap mudflaps fit fine, then put the cap on the shortened rail? Seems a bunch easier and cheaper (plus if you rip them up, you can get replacements for cheap)

The odds of me (at least) that I will have a three inch wide rock tall enough to damage the vehicle when coming off an obstacle are about 0
This is what Jeep people do trim the rock rails. Easy to do with a hacksaw.

Biltwild

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any update on this...?
Should have a working prototype by this weekend. Here is a teaser shot from v1 . Had to make some adjustments. The snow and salt from the road is killing my truck I need to get these things on ASAP! Want to power wash truck before I take the rail plug out but it’s been too cold the last couple days after the weekend blizzard. Tomorrow looks like above freezing. Will update when I fit on truck. If all works out I will prepare for molding and casting. Very exciting! 🤘

Ford Bronco The million dollar mudflap fix (for Squatch rock fling) C43422A8-31B0-44F2-B3C0-BCAE8775BD13

Sponsored

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Biltwild
How did they turn out? Any pictures?
I’m really looking for a solution for my Sasquatch badlands.
Thanks

Biltwild

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Biltwild
How did they turn out? Any pictures?
I’m really looking for a solution for my Sasquatch badlands.
Thanks
Real work got in the way last week so I that delayed me on this project. But! I should have the final part printed up EOD tomorrow. Then going to give it a road test. If it proves successful which I strongly believe it will. Then I will gear up to take preorders. Still finalizing materials and production workflow so we can crank these puppies out! I plan on doing a launch for them within the next couple of weeks.