Sponsored

The million dollar mudflap fix (for Squatch rock fling)

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went a different way with mine. Used the rear anti-intrusion bar mounts to mount some flaps made from flexible vinyl flooring. Made the mounts from 3/16" steel and they serve as supplemental anti-intrusion bars as well as mounts for the flaps. No hard parts below the bottom of the rock rails.

To mount the top of the flaps I used a nutsert on the inside of the fender flare and a piece of sheet metal to stiffen the flexible vinyl flooring material.

I'm happy with them and didn't modify anything other than the flare to add the nutsert. Even reused the bolt Ford left in the mounts on the frame to secure them.
Sponsored

SVT-BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 F150, 14 GT500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Should have a working prototype by this weekend. Here is a teaser shot from v1 . Had to make some adjustments. The snow and salt from the road is killing my truck I need to get these things on ASAP! Want to power wash truck before I take the rail plug out but it’s been too cold the last couple days after the weekend blizzard. Tomorrow looks like above freezing. Will update when I fit on truck. If all works out I will prepare for molding and casting. Very exciting! 🤘

C43422A8-31B0-44F2-B3C0-BCAE8775BD13.jpeg
Looks like a great idea! Can't wait to see them.

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Real work got in the way last week so I that delayed me on this project. But! I should have the final part printed up EOD tomorrow. Then going to give it a road test. If it proves successful which I strongly believe it will. Then I will gear up to take preorders. Still finalizing materials and production workflow so we can crank these puppies out! I plan on doing a launch for them within the next couple of weeks.
Watching closely! 👀

Lucky

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 OB Sasquatch V6 2-Door AMB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Everyone: ‘I’m going to put mud flaps and scripts on my Bronco to really make it my own.’

Sponsored

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went the temporary route ($30 Amaz*n) until you get these things to market. I really like the idea.

I'm also very interested in functional rock rails with built in steps, there's a couple prototypes floating around here as well.

Ford Bronco The million dollar mudflap fix (for Squatch rock fling) fla

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That'll work too! 👌
Take a look at my avatar. I did the same thing with mine then took the drive to my local archery range which has 1.8 miles of gravel road. Fortunately I pulled the doors off too because those tires threw so many rocks it was unbelievable. I had them landing inside the car! Found one on the center arm rest! This fix is no fix at all. After practice I drove home, about another mile or so and parked the truck then proceeded to pull out a handful of rocks still lodged in the valleys of the tires. I really wanted to keep these tires but I think I'm going to have to give in and get something different.

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Real work got in the way last week so I that delayed me on this project. But! I should have the final part printed up EOD tomorrow. Then going to give it a road test. If it proves successful which I strongly believe it will. Then I will gear up to take preorders. Still finalizing materials and production workflow so we can crank these puppies out! I plan on doing a launch for them within the next couple of weeks.
Following. I like where you're going with this!

Sponsored

Easy-v

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went the temporary route ($30 Amaz*n) until you get these things to market. I really like the idea.

I'm also very interested in functional rock rails with built in steps, there's a couple prototypes floating around here as well.

Ford Bronco The million dollar mudflap fix (for Squatch rock fling) 1644864887645
Ford Bronco The million dollar mudflap fix (for Squatch rock fling) CA3313D4-481D-472D-8D40-D8FCC736812E

The Raptor has em attached directly to the rock rail

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford Bronco The million dollar mudflap fix (for Squatch rock fling) CA3313D4-481D-472D-8D40-D8FCC736812E

The Raptor has em attached directly to the rock rail
Not to veer off topic too far but has anyone found a part number for these Raptor steps that bolt directly on the rock rails? Guessing they are not yet available since they are on a pre-production Raptor vehicle but hoping perhaps the part number might be in Ford's part system for future ordering.

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

why don't you remove the front cap from the rails, cut the rails down so that cheap mudflaps fit fine, then put the cap on the shortened rail? Seems a bunch easier and cheaper (plus if you rip them up, you can get replacements for cheap)

The odds of me (at least) that I will have a three inch wide rock tall enough to damage the vehicle when coming off an obstacle are about 0
My understanding is that the front cap isn't a simple cap as we would think, but instead has grooved channels and rails that slide significantly into the rock rail itself.

USAGUY

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cutting the rock rails & putting the caps back on was a pretty easy job. On a 1-10 scale it was barely a 2. I used a grinder & finished with a sawzall.

Ford Bronco The million dollar mudflap fix (for Squatch rock fling) 191CF37B-20BC-4E39-89F1-560C79706703

Ford Bronco The million dollar mudflap fix (for Squatch rock fling) 1260C3A3-E140-4590-ACD2-1C2D0EA3AAD0

Ford Bronco The million dollar mudflap fix (for Squatch rock fling) D2478C02-3148-4A4E-B70D-85D7B97D7FFE

Ford Bronco The million dollar mudflap fix (for Squatch rock fling) 7036AD54-7730-46B7-B0F1-D22265F52727
Sponsored