Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Line workers are all Webasto and most are newer hires, hence the slower pace. IF Ford factories have more shutdowns this summer I could see those guys heading over and putting in a few weeks.

Target to be mostly on top of things (no pun intended) is late July. Otherwise, the Aug 2nd full speed Bronco production balance is going to be WAY outside of expected roof style demand.
I was very reluctant to give up my MOD top and stay in MY21. I am glad I did because even if I 99'd my order to get a MY22 I don't think I would be getting a choice of the Black or White MOD until summer next year. I just feel like MOD tops are still a million years away from now.
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
See that's where we differ, money is your focus, honesty is mine.
I'm a federal compliance auditor, honesty is in the wheelhouse for sure (I specialize in non-profit organizations, so money doesn't make my wheels go round.... Since you asked). However, Ford has done nothing dishonest here. You've created an issue and taken it personally where no malice exists. The second half of my practice is individual taxes.

I see from your avatar that you ride a bike, have you ever been in a situation beyond your control on a public road which forced real-time decisions and course corrections based on the information presented at that moment?

This is pretty much the same thing. And as a small business owner i'll attest that things since 2020 have been anything but "business as usual". Even the two most reliable things in America (Death and taxes) have both been thrown under a bus.

• If you died anytime after 1/1/2018 you were still eligible for every one of those $1,200 tax payments, plus your estate could apply for PPP loans. That's, um.....not cool.
  • Every federal tax deadline for individuals has been moved multiple times and the changes made were knee-jerk and not comprehensive
Anyway, it's unlikely you have can any viewpoint or accept other data points than whatever mountain you've planted your flag, it's very 2021! So i'll just suggest one more time that you cancel your reservation, repatriate your massive financial investment into this (apparently) unethical organization which is only out to harm you.

Damn I love my signature for times like these!

Appreciate the info, but will never understand why Ford didn't get the soft top option for the two-door out to avoid all this. Seems like a lot of arrogance that isn't helping the already bad situation is rolling down from the top.
My understanding is that there are some federal regulatory hurdles by the NHTSA for the 2-doors to have a soft roof. Which is why Wrangler only offers it as an aftermarket item.

I've been unable to find the specifics of this, however, as with all regulatory hurdles it would be a substantial cost-sink to try and have it changed. But the hard top may very well be mandatory to be on the rig at the time of sale for 2-doors.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My understanding is that there are some federal regulatory hurdles by the NHTSA for the 2-doors to have a soft roof. Which is why Wrangler only offers it as an aftermarket item.

I've been unable to find the specifics of this, however, as with all regulatory hurdles it would be a substantial cost-sink to try and have it changed. But the hard top may very well be mandatory to be on the rig at the time of sale for 2-doors.
Holy potatoes! Jeep only offers it aftermarket now? This is the first I've heard of it... probably because I haven't owned a Jeep in a decade.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm a federal compliance auditor, honesty is in the wheelhouse for sure (I specialize in non-profit organizations, so money doesn't make my wheels go round.... Since you asked). However, Ford has done nothing dishonest here. You've created an issue and taken it personally where no malice exists. The second half of my practice is individual taxes.

I see from your avatar that you ride a bike, have you ever been in a situation beyond your control on a public road which forced real-time decisions and course corrections based on the information presented at that moment?

This is pretty much the same thing. And as a small business owner i'll attest that things since 2020 have been anything but "business as usual". Even the two most reliable things in America (Death and taxes) have both been thrown under a bus.

• If you died anytime after 1/1/2018 you were still eligible for every one of those $1,200 tax payments, plus your estate could apply for PPP loans. That's, um.....not cool.
  • Every federal tax deadline for individuals has been moved multiple times and the changes made were knee-jerk and not comprehensive
Anyway, it's unlikely you have can any viewpoint or accept other data points than whatever mountain you've planted your flag, it's very 2021! So i'll just suggest one more time that you cancel your reservation, repatriate your massive financial investment into this (apparently) unethical organization which is only out to harm you.

Damn I love my signature for times like these!

Intersting your rebuttles are still focused on money and has not been the focus of mine. There's good and bad everywhere. There alot of good people that went into designing and building this vehicle. Ford execs are what has tainted this rollout. I bought my first Bronco 25 years ago and wheeled it hard. I've driven only Ford's my whole life. You seem like a yes man and just roll with the punches. Go back and look at the thousands of post when allocations were confirmed, then when priority orders went out and tell me we weren't purposely kept in the dark. Tell me I'm the only one who feels that way. They had months to correct the concerns well documented on this board. Mike was keenly aware of the concerns, vet never addressed them. Your work history does not impress me. You seem to think alot about yourself and no one could convince you otherwise. I believe everyone on this board has the right to voice their opinion, yet you think everyone should only hold your opinion. I'll buy what I want, say what I want, and do what I want. It's what this country was built on. When I think about the Bronco, I think about the people who designed and built it, not the nessesary evil that is their shape shifting corporate representatives. It's a shame that people like you encourage others to not support the workers at MAP, just because they don't agree with the suites that represent them.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Regarding Mike, never met him personally and don't care to. I have yet to see him do anything to warrant him being at the level he is at Ford, much less breathing. Sorry, I just can't let it go. He is a horrible representative of Ford and the human race.
Seems a little harsh, don’t you think? :unsure:

Zac

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So is Badlands still a constraint? I read back through some of the recent posts and at least one indicated its a trim that could cause delay. I've been considering changing my current build to a lower trim + Squatch if that would make it more likely I'd get an earlier build. Folks who have kept up better than me: do you think either of the following builds are more likely to get an earlier build date? I'm an August 13 reservation and in the first 50-60% of my dealer's allocations.

Build 1: Badlands, soft top, 4dr, 2.3L, High Package, non-squatch
Build 2: Black Diamond, soft top, 4dr, 2.3L, Mid Package, Squatched

I guess I'm basically asking if Sasquatch on a lower trim is more likely to get built early than Badlands. Appreciate any speculation.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Holy potatoes! Jeep only offers it aftermarket now? This is the first I've heard of it... probably because I haven't owned a Jeep in a decade.
Yeah - Wayalife just bought a two door, and mentioned this issue.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you died anytime after 1/1/2018 you were still eligible for every one of those $1,200 tax payments, plus your estate could apply for PPP loans. That's, um.....not cool.
From the IRS regarding the first EIP # 1 ( $1200) " In addition, the following are ineligible for a payment: individuals who died prior to January 1, 2020, and estates or trusts. " Also " If a first payment was made to someone who died prior to January 1, 2020, it should be returned to the IRS..." @Rick Astley can you point me to the 1/1/2018 date ? Thanks

AC2021

Wildtrak
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

While I'm sure it's little solace to those with early reservations and still no VIN, yesterday's announcement was a huge step forward in Bringing Back Bronco. While there is a LOT to be excited about, it's worth tempering our expectations a bit a lot of yesterday's info.

Production:
- MAP is currently pushing out about 125 a shift, and that will swell to 150 a shift by Friday. The next stepped target increase will be 200 per shift, but don't look for them to ramp up to that too quickly. MAP has a sterling reputation for quality and management won't sacrifice that for speed.
- Bronco's body shop (remember that Bronco and Ranger have fully separate body shops that "Y" feed onto one final assembly line) hit over *300* bodies completed during a single shift yesterday, a major milestone in getting the entire operation up to full speed. Body won't be pushing out these numbers consistently until Final Assembly can keep up, but the systems are working.
- With 125,000 reservations converted to orders, we could be looking at late Q2 2022 for completion of reservations as long as no other major constraints pop up. Earlier estimates were mid- to late-Q3.
- There was understandably a lot of enthusiasm yesterday when the early production stats showed 35% of rigs produced up to that point were 2-door models. However, please understand that this ratio was skewed by production of the dealer demo units (many of which were 2 doors). 2-door production will remain constrained by roof issues. See below.

Constraints:
- Roofs. While Tow, Squatch, and Lux packages are running a bit behind demand, the MIC hardtop remains the biggest constraint in getting your rig. Webasto's Plymouth plant is fairly well staffed now with training ongoing, but the pace of MIC tops built by Ford employees (mainly coming from Flat Rock) over their shut down won't be matched for a while. Expect 2 door MIC tops to lag behind 4 door MIC tops for the summer.
- In a bit of good news for the 2-door crowd, the floorpan issue has been addressed to satisfaction.
- I have not heard a completely firm answer on the MY22 mod tops, but it's looking more likely that they'll come out of Plymouth as originally planned instead of trying to get a new supplier moving this late in the game. With Ford's continued presence at that plant, I'm optimistic that this is the better course of action.

The Bronco Brand:
- Conquest results of both Sport sales and Bronco 2/4dr reservations is widely outpacing targets, showing strong proof of concept in the 3-model launch portfolio. Warthog's announcement isn't too far off, and I expect we could see the next member of the Bronco family debut in the next 18 months (even if in concept form).
- The bespoke "Bronco" showroom options - developed by Ford at the request of dealers - will play a part in the brand's second wave of growth as first wave deliveries wrap up. I can't say too much more, but these will be much more than upfitting and accessory displays.

Going Forward:
Things are really moving now. If you're an early reservation holder who didn't defer to MY22 for the mod top, you should be hearing something in the next few weeks of scheduling. If you had an order (mostly 2 doors) pushed from June to July to August, there's hope that you'll be pulled back forward once roof supply picks up a bit. The last wave of delays was more of a "worst case scenario" to avoid even more disappointment. I would expect targets and dates from here on out to be sandbagged a bit in the hope of overdelivering.
Thank you!!!
Sponsored