Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While I'm sure it's little solace to those with early reservations and still no VIN, yesterday's announcement was a huge step forward in Bringing Back Bronco. While there is a LOT to be excited about, it's worth tempering our expectations a bit a lot of yesterday's info.

Production:
- MAP is currently pushing out about 125 a shift, and that will swell to 150 a shift by Friday. The next stepped target increase will be 200 per shift, but don't look for them to ramp up to that too quickly. MAP has a sterling reputation for quality and management won't sacrifice that for speed.
- Bronco's body shop (remember that Bronco and Ranger have fully separate body shops that "Y" feed onto one final assembly line) hit over *300* bodies completed during a single shift yesterday, a major milestone in getting the entire operation up to full speed. Body won't be pushing out these numbers consistently until Final Assembly can keep up, but the systems are working.
- With 125,000 reservations converted to orders, we could be looking at late Q2 2022 for completion of reservations as long as no other major constraints pop up. Earlier estimates were mid- to late-Q3.
- There was understandably a lot of enthusiasm yesterday when the early production stats showed 35% of rigs produced up to that point were 2-door models. However, please understand that this ratio was skewed by production of the dealer demo units (many of which were 2 doors). 2-door production will remain constrained by roof issues. See below.

Constraints:
- Roofs. While Tow, Squatch, and Lux packages are running a bit behind demand, the MIC hardtop remains the biggest constraint in getting your rig. Webasto's Plymouth plant is fairly well staffed now with training ongoing, but the pace of MIC tops built by Ford employees (mainly coming from Flat Rock) over their shut down won't be matched for a while. Expect 2 door MIC tops to lag behind 4 door MIC tops for the summer.
- In a bit of good news for the 2-door crowd, the floorpan issue has been addressed to satisfaction.
- I have not heard a completely firm answer on the MY22 mod tops, but it's looking more likely that they'll come out of Plymouth as originally planned instead of trying to get a new supplier moving this late in the game. With Ford's continued presence at that plant, I'm optimistic that this is the better course of action.

The Bronco Brand:
- Conquest results of both Sport sales and Bronco 2/4dr reservations is widely outpacing targets, showing strong proof of concept in the 3-model launch portfolio. Warthog's announcement isn't too far off, and I expect we could see the next member of the Bronco family debut in the next 18 months (even if in concept form).
- The bespoke "Bronco" showroom options - developed by Ford at the request of dealers - will play a part in the brand's second wave of growth as first wave deliveries wrap up. I can't say too much more, but these will be much more than upfitting and accessory displays.

Going Forward:
Things are really moving now. If you're an early reservation holder who didn't defer to MY22 for the mod top, you should be hearing something in the next few weeks of scheduling. If you had an order (mostly 2 doors) pushed from June to July to August, there's hope that you'll be pulled back forward once roof supply picks up a bit. The last wave of delays was more of a "worst case scenario" to avoid even more disappointment. I would expect targets and dates from here on out to be sandbagged a bit in the hope of overdelivering.
Great updates. I still can’t figure out my July 9 build date and July 13 eta, but whenever it gets to the dealer is fine by me. I love going by MAP and I truly appreciate the effort involved in this launch. Your information is gold to many who feel a bit left in the dark!
Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Things are not moving forward until all 6/13 and 7/14 reservation are scheduled this model year. Terrible Launch. What was Ford thinking?
You might want to read the thousands of posts related to the launch delays. The biggest issue was and is the top supplier, that was driven in large part by a host of Covid issues. Several forum members with direct involvement have discussed the issues and several more have explained them in detail out of public view. GM is shipping trucks that don’t run, many Ford dealers are completely out of F150s, a family member ordered a new Tundra (and we have a family member that works for Toyota that facilitated the deal) and it took 5 months. It wasn’t planned and Ford has certainly missed the mark on several issues, but it’s not like they don’t want to get them into customers hands.

Last edited:

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This statement unfortunately has sparked some serious concern!

This suggests those reservations converted to orders that remain unfulfilled at the end of the MY2021 production run, will have priority over those who deferred to MY2022 (encouraged to do so by Ford & the dealerships) no matter their reservation date.

Please tell me that's not the case, because that's flat out wrong!!

The timestamp will still be part of the equation.

In a vacuum, if a 2021 order with a 7/27 timestamp, and a 2021 order with 7/15 timestamp gets pushed to 2022, and a 7/17 timestamp deferred, the 7/15 would get built first, then the 7/17, then the 7/27.

He's just saying that Ford has enough reservation holders to build trucks for those reservations through Q2 2022. I think that it will actually be later than that though, as these get sold and start driving around, it will drive more reservations. In my opinion, I think it'll be Q3-Q4 2022 before you see stock units being the majority of builds.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

While I'm sure it's little solace to those with early reservations and still no VIN, yesterday's announcement was a huge step forward in Bringing Back Bronco. While there is a LOT to be excited about, it's worth tempering our expectations a bit a lot of yesterday's info.

Production:
- MAP is currently pushing out about 125 a shift, and that will swell to 150 a shift by Friday. The next stepped target increase will be 200 per shift, but don't look for them to ramp up to that too quickly. MAP has a sterling reputation for quality and management won't sacrifice that for speed.
- Bronco's body shop (remember that Bronco and Ranger have fully separate body shops that "Y" feed onto one final assembly line) hit over *300* bodies completed during a single shift yesterday, a major milestone in getting the entire operation up to full speed. Body won't be pushing out these numbers consistently until Final Assembly can keep up, but the systems are working.
- With 125,000 reservations converted to orders, we could be looking at late Q2 2022 for completion of reservations as long as no other major constraints pop up. Earlier estimates were mid- to late-Q3.
- There was understandably a lot of enthusiasm yesterday when the early production stats showed 35% of rigs produced up to that point were 2-door models. However, please understand that this ratio was skewed by production of the dealer demo units (many of which were 2 doors). 2-door production will remain constrained by roof issues. See below.

Constraints:
- Roofs. While Tow, Squatch, and Lux packages are running a bit behind demand, the MIC hardtop remains the biggest constraint in getting your rig. Webasto's Plymouth plant is fairly well staffed now with training ongoing, but the pace of MIC tops built by Ford employees (mainly coming from Flat Rock) over their shut down won't be matched for a while. Expect 2 door MIC tops to lag behind 4 door MIC tops for the summer.
- In a bit of good news for the 2-door crowd, the floorpan issue has been addressed to satisfaction.
- I have not heard a completely firm answer on the MY22 mod tops, but it's looking more likely that they'll come out of Plymouth as originally planned instead of trying to get a new supplier moving this late in the game. With Ford's continued presence at that plant, I'm optimistic that this is the better course of action.

The Bronco Brand:
- Conquest results of both Sport sales and Bronco 2/4dr reservations is widely outpacing targets, showing strong proof of concept in the 3-model launch portfolio. Warthog's announcement isn't too far off, and I expect we could see the next member of the Bronco family debut in the next 18 months (even if in concept form).
- The bespoke "Bronco" showroom options - developed by Ford at the request of dealers - will play a part in the brand's second wave of growth as first wave deliveries wrap up. I can't say too much more, but these will be much more than upfitting and accessory displays.

Going Forward:
Things are really moving now. If you're an early reservation holder who didn't defer to MY22 for the mod top, you should be hearing something in the next few weeks of scheduling. If you had an order (mostly 2 doors) pushed from June to July to August, there's hope that you'll be pulled back forward once roof supply picks up a bit. The last wave of delays was more of a "worst case scenario" to avoid even more disappointment. I would expect targets and dates from here on out to be sandbagged a bit in the hope of overdelivering.
Fantastic information.

Sponsored
OP
OP
PREMiERdrum

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As a drummer, did you go with the 4 door or 2 door?
I went with a 4 door... any of the 4 kits I use for gigging will fit as perfectly as they do in my Flex.

(For any fellow musicians, those would be an Elite Maple 12/16/26, a Genista Birch 13/16/18/24, a Genista Maple 12/14/16/22, and an Exotic Rainbow Wood Genista Birch in 12/14/20).

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Peter, I merely stated Ross's wording "Suggests..." it as a possibility. Otherwise I wholeheartedly agree with your understanding of how it should play out.
I was thinking the 125K reservations converted to orders includes a lot of 99ers on hold 'til 22. So my read of that is "for the 125K reservations converted to orders for 2021 and 2022, they should be able to be produced by the end of 1H22".

I can see a desire to fulfill the people who wanted a 21 and got pushed to 22, but at the same time the vast majority of 99ers are people who would have wanted a 21, but delayed to 22 because something that was offered for 21 slipped to 22 (primarily painted mod tops or dual top, but also mansquatch, roof racks and towing on four door Sasquatch, etc.)

At the end of the day, the fairest way to schedule is based on reservation date order at your dealer as best as possible commodity scheduling wise.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ross; Thank you for the information. New to your 'writings"...are you a Ford Employee, Manager? Or on the outside, not expecting you to release your sources.
FORD HAS GOT TO BE MONITORING THIS PAGE. WE NEED DIRECT INFORMATION FROM FORD...SOME BRUTAL HONESTY HERE. I suggest a live Q&A with their team. Not just an hour....maybe 3 hours.....several nights in a row if necessary. Where we can ask every question possible. No cutting anyone off, no dodging of the questions....just honest, brutal answers.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ross; Thank you for the information. New to your 'writings"...are you a Ford Employee, Manager? Or on the outside, not expecting you to release your sources.
FORD HAS GOT TO BE MONITORING THIS PAGE. WE NEED DIRECT INFORMATION FROM FORD...SOME BRUTAL HONESTY HERE. I suggest a live Q&A with their team. Not just an hour....maybe 3 hours.....several nights in a row if necessary. Where we can ask every question possible. No cutting anyone off, no dodging of the questions....just honest, brutal answers.
Or maybe let him stay off the radar. Others have been torpedoed and we are the sad victims.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went with a 4 door... any of the 4 kits I use for gigging will fit as perfectly as they do in my Flex.

(For any fellow musicians, those would be an Elite Maple 12/16/26, a Genista Birch 13/16/18/24, a Genista Maple 12/14/16/22, and an Exotic Rainbow Wood Genista Birch in 12/14/20).

Its amazing how many young kid/teen boy/girl drummers and guitarists have killer clips out there on YouTube now

I remember struggling to learn the hard guitar parts as a teen in the pre-internet days

Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Those are some nice kits you got there good Sir!

OP
OP
PREMiERdrum

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not a Ford employee and certainly not acting in any official capacity. I spent a lot of years working in journalism and did a great deal of freelance writing for auto industry publications. Lots of good sources, a lifelong driver of Fords, and a personal investment with a 7/13 9:45pm Bronco 4 door reservation brought me here to share what I'm able to.

MUDLVR

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's just not true. Look at my build below, I checked my PSP date again yesterday, it hasn't changed in the past month (it still could).

Also reservation date/order is not the only factor, there are a host of other factors that may cause one Bronco to be built earlier than another.

Reservation 1/15/2021
Order 5/4/2021
VIN assigned and PSP set 5/24/2021
PSP date 7/26/2021

I have all the problem items other than SAS.

How will it shake out, who knows, I might get bumped between now and 7/26/2021. It's just the way it is, and no, it's not fair for some of the people who were first to say "yes, I want one".

The original post was refreshing, because it was straight forward and transparent. This is the communication that has been needed.
Well, you're definitely right that there are factors that may cause a Bronco to be built earlier than another. For instance look at my info compared to yours:

Badlands 4D, MIC, Sasquatch and LUX packages
Reserved: 7/14/2020
Order Date: 3/17/2021
VIN: Not assigned
No PSP date