Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco & 2006 Ranger Sport Supercab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Production:

- With 125,000 reservations converted to orders, we could be looking at late Q2 2022 for completion of reservations as long as no other major constraints pop up. Earlier estimates were mid- to late-Q3.
This statement unfortunately has sparked some serious concern!

This suggests those reservations converted to orders that remain unfulfilled at the end of the MY2021 production run, will have priority over those who deferred to MY2022 (encouraged to do so by Ford & the dealerships) no matter their reservation date.

Please tell me that's not the case, because that's flat out wrong!!
Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What constitutes an early reservation holder. I have a reservation date of 7/21 and order placed 1/30.
Unless you ordered something boring with a 2.3 and soft top chances are good you're a 2022. I'm 7/14 3:00am and will be stunned if I see my Bronco this year.

Newraptor

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus , Ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It’s all smoke and mirrors. Ford just wanted to be on tv….. that’s why most of us have no build date. It all for the show people. Nothing has changed. We are still going to get a bronco late next year.

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What would you consider an "early" reservation holder? Someone who ordered on the first day? First week? July orders? Just trying to calibrate my expectations.
Estimates have been tossed around here for months that about half the reservations were placed in the first 72 hours.

Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going Forward:
Things are really moving now. If you're an early reservation holder who didn't defer to MY22 for the mod top, you should be hearing something in the next few weeks of scheduling.
This is the best news I've heard in months.

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While I'm sure it's little solace to those with early reservations and still no VIN, yesterday's announcement was a huge step forward in Bringing Back Bronco. While there is a LOT to be excited about, it's worth tempering our expectations a bit a lot of yesterday's info.

Production:
- MAP is currently pushing out about 125 a shift, and that will swell to 150 a shift by Friday. The next stepped target increase will be 200 per shift, but don't look for them to ramp up to that too quickly. MAP has a sterling reputation for quality and management won't sacrifice that for speed.
- Bronco's body shop (remember that Bronco and Ranger have fully separate body shops that "Y" feed onto one final assembly line) hit over *300* bodies completed during a single shift yesterday, a major milestone in getting the entire operation up to full speed. Body won't be pushing out these numbers consistently until Final Assembly can keep up, but the systems are working.
- With 125,000 reservations converted to orders, we could be looking at late Q2 2022 for completion of reservations as long as no other major constraints pop up. Earlier estimates were mid- to late-Q3.
- There was understandably a lot of enthusiasm yesterday when the early production stats showed 35% of rigs produced up to that point were 2-door models. However, please understand that this ratio was skewed by production of the dealer demo units (many of which were 2 doors). 2-door production will remain constrained by roof issues. See below.

Constraints:
- Roofs. While Tow, Squatch, and Lux packages are running a bit behind demand, the MIC hardtop remains the biggest constraint in getting your rig. Webasto's Plymouth plant is fairly well staffed now with training ongoing, but the pace of MIC tops built by Ford employees (mainly coming from Flat Rock) over their shut down won't be matched for a while. Expect 2 door MIC tops to lag behind 4 door MIC tops for the summer.
- In a bit of good news for the 2-door crowd, the floorpan issue has been addressed to satisfaction.
- I have not heard a completely firm answer on the MY22 mod tops, but it's looking more likely that they'll come out of Plymouth as originally planned instead of trying to get a new supplier moving this late in the game. With Ford's continued presence at that plant, I'm optimistic that this is the better course of action.

The Bronco Brand:
- Conquest results of both Sport sales and Bronco 2/4dr reservations is widely outpacing targets, showing strong proof of concept in the 3-model launch portfolio. Warthog's announcement isn't too far off, and I expect we could see the next member of the Bronco family debut in the next 18 months (even if in concept form).
- The bespoke "Bronco" showroom options - developed by Ford at the request of dealers - will play a part in the brand's second wave of growth as first wave deliveries wrap up. I can't say too much more, but these will be much more than upfitting and accessory displays.

Going Forward:
Things are really moving now. If you're an early reservation holder who didn't defer to MY22 for the mod top, you should be hearing something in the next few weeks of scheduling. If you had an order (mostly 2 doors) pushed from June to July to August, there's hope that you'll be pulled back forward once roof supply picks up a bit. The last wave of delays was more of a "worst case scenario" to avoid even more disappointment. I would expect targets and dates from here on out to be sandbagged a bit in the hope of overdelivering.
I really think that Ford needs to hire you as a Bronco community spokesperson. Really appreciate the clarity and insight.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
While I'm sure it's little solace to those with early reservations and still no VIN, yesterday's announcement was a huge step forward in Bringing Back Bronco. While there is a LOT to be excited about, it's worth tempering our expectations a bit a lot of yesterday's info.

Production:
- MAP is currently pushing out about 125 a shift, and that will swell to 150 a shift by Friday. The next stepped target increase will be 200 per shift, but don't look for them to ramp up to that too quickly. MAP has a sterling reputation for quality and management won't sacrifice that for speed.
- Bronco's body shop (remember that Bronco and Ranger have fully separate body shops that "Y" feed onto one final assembly line) hit over *300* bodies completed during a single shift yesterday, a major milestone in getting the entire operation up to full speed. Body won't be pushing out these numbers consistently until Final Assembly can keep up, but the systems are working.
- There was understandably a lot of enthusiasm yesterday when the early production stats showed 35% of rigs produced up to that point were 2-door models. However, please understand that this ratio was skewed by production of the dealer demo units (many of which were 2 doors). 2-door production will remain constrained by roof issues. See below.

Constraints:
- Roofs. While Tow, Squatch, and Lux packages are running a bit behind demand, the MIC hardtop remains the biggest constraint in getting your rig. Webasto's Plymouth plant is fairly well staffed now with training ongoing, but the pace of MIC tops built by Ford employees (mainly coming from Flat Rock) over their shut down won't be matched for a while. Expect 2 door MIC tops to lag behind 4 door MIC tops for the summer.
- In a bit of good news for the 2-door crowd, the floorpan issue has been addressed to satisfaction.
- I have not heard a completely firm answer on the MY22 mod tops, but it's looking more likely that they'll come out of Plymouth as originally planned instead of trying to get a new supplier moving this late in the game. With Ford's continued presence at that plant, I'm optimistic that this is the better course of action.

The Bronco Brand:
- Conquest results of both Sport sales and Bronco 2/4dr reservations is widely outpacing targets, showing strong proof of concept in the 3-model launch portfolio. Warthog's announcement isn't too far off, and I expect we could see the next member of the Bronco family debut in the next 18 months (even if in concept form).
- The bespoke "Bronco" showroom options - developed by Ford at the request of dealers - will play a part in the brand's second wave of growth as first wave deliveries wrap up. I can't say too much more, but these will be much more than upfitting and accessory displays.

Going Forward:
Things are really moving now. If you're an early reservation holder who didn't defer to MY22 for the mod top, you should be hearing something in the next few weeks of scheduling. If you had an order (mostly 2 doors) pushed from June to July to August, there's hope that you'll be pulled back forward once roof supply picks up a bit. The last wave of delays was more of a "worst case scenario" to avoid even more disappointment. I would expect targets and dates from here on out to be sandbagged a bit in the hope of overdelivering.
Ross Boss!! Thanks Man.

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Dude, Ford needs to pay you. Seriously. Hell, I bet most of us would be willing to pay you for the information you provide. Both good and bad. Thanks!

....With this level of detailed knowledge our dear PREMiERdrum shows, me thinks someone at Ford already does.... and that's totally cool with me! Thank you, PD, for sharing all of this!

Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you, Ross! You make a lot of great contributions to this community so know that it is really appreciated.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Unless you ordered something boring with a 2.3 and soft top chances are good you're a 2022. I'm 7/14 3:00am and will be stunned if I see my Bronco this year.
That's just not true. Look at my build below, I checked my PSP date again yesterday, it hasn't changed in the past month (it still could).

Also reservation date/order is not the only factor, there are a host of other factors that may cause one Bronco to be built earlier than another.

Reservation 1/15/2021
Order 5/4/2021
VIN assigned and PSP set 5/24/2021
PSP date 7/26/2021

I have all the problem items other than SAS.

How will it shake out, who knows, I might get bumped between now and 7/26/2021. It's just the way it is, and no, it's not fair for some of the people who were first to say "yes, I want one".

The original post was refreshing, because it was straight forward and transparent. This is the communication that has been needed.
Sponsored