First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have been doing a lot of research and so far no one has said anything about what the Bronco is going to have for Brakes. How the hell are we going to stop something this heavy especially if equipped with 33's or 35's

Will the 16 inch wheels on the base model be the same brakes as whats on 17 inch wheels or the Sasquatch with 35 inch mud terrains. Hopefully they won't be little single piston calipers with tiny small rotors. If all the brakes have to fit inside 16 inch wheels hopefully they will have pistons on both sides of the rotors. If they can't put a big brake up front, maybe they can at least put something better than the normal tiny little rear brake to compensate

so anyone have any idea what Ford has spec'd for brakes?????????????????????
Sponsored

Deleted member 3063

if it's any help the Raptor is on 17" wheels and has 13.78" brake rotors with bigger calipers than any regular F150.
Sooooooooo, the good stuff will fit the wheels though I haven't seen specs.

Barsa1000

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford has always been a little cheap when it comes to brakes. I honestly don't expect much. Just enough to get the job done. My guess is that they will probably be equivalent to Edge brakes since the towing capacity and weight will be similar.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Who needs brakes? I can't speak for the EB crew, but I don't recall brakes being all that good with the FSB group ('84, '93, '94). That's why god invented Push Bars!!

But on another note, please don't give it the F-150 brakes... I tap those and my head is slamming into the steering wheel. That drives me nuts on our work trucks. When I test drove a Ranger the other day the brakes didn't seem to be that sensitive thank god.

stubblekusaf

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who needs brakes? I can't speak for the EB crew, but I don't recall brakes being all that good with the FSB group ('84, '93, '94). That's why god invented Push Bars!!

But on another note, please don't give it the F-150 brakes... I tap those and my head is slamming into the steering wheel. That drives me nuts on our work trucks. When I test drove a Ranger the other day the brakes didn't seem to be that sensitive thank god.
Had a 86 and 88 FSB and the brakes were not great. Can confirm.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DonsBronc

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
after driving with these for a few years I need good brakes

forgelines.jpg

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

could get upgrade the pads and rotors and fluid for a start. then i'm sure a caliper upgrade should be available or even a swap from something with a bit more bite.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm just happy to step up to rear disks. Tacomas still come rear drum on the top of the line models.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

after driving with these for a few years I need good brakes

Ford Bronco The most important question never asked, What about Brakes forgelines
Never could figure out why you had to go all the way up to a Shelby to get rear Brembos and well as the front ones on Mustangs. Easiest brake pad change you'll ever have. At least on my Camaro SS. Knock two pins out, collapse the pistons, pull old pads out, drop new pads in, replace pins. Took longer to pull the jack out and get the wheel off than to change the pads.
Sponsored