Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People need to stop taking the delays and directly correlating them with this MAP shut down.

Is the plant shutting down for two weeks? Yes.

Is the semiconductor shortage Ford’s fault? No!

Is this a moving target and a vehicle that has outsourced many parts of which are being made for the first time amid a global pandemic? Yes!

Can Ford predict the future? No!

Do I believe Ford is doing everything they can in their power to make this a successful launch? Yes!

Do I want the best/safest working conditions for MAP employees? Absolutely!

Do I have a right to be disappointed about this launch? Yes, but I’m not mad at Ford, I’m not mad at any workers, I’m not mad at the world. Ive been on these forums for years planning out my trips/build. A few weeks delay isn’t the end of the world but you never really know if that’s all it’s going to be. These things were originally suppose to start being delivered by now but this pandemic has created a domino effect. Who knows when it will end. Fingers crossed this is the last one. Positive vibes only.
Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If you were an actual day one reservation, you have my sympathy. If you were a priority order pushed to the front oh well, welcome to the 99%. Ford might as well push everyone to 2022. Delivering 2021 MY Broncos at sticker price in 2022 does not sit well with me.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I bet part of what happened was Ford sent out too many VINs and is now stretching out the time line. That would account for some people being moved 2 weeks, some 3 weeks, and some a month.

Runningwaters

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Nobody is hating but for Ford not to send out a mass email to people that have reserved or ordered a Bronco letting them know about this delay is terrible PR.
Every thing like this that Ford does without communication makes me lose that much more interest in the Bronco and FoMoCo. It’s not even that I’m upset anymore, just becoming indifferent towards FoMoCo and their products.
And that’s coming from someone who has driven almost exclusively Ford vehicles my whole life.

Sponsored

Runningwaters

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If you were an actual day one reservation, you have my sympathy. If you were a priority order pushed to the front oh well, welcome to the 99%. Ford might as well push everyone to 2022. Delivering 2021 MY Broncos at sticker price in 2022 does not sit well with me.
If I were in that situation with no option to change the MY, I’d probably just cancel at that point since my interest level in the truck is depleting.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

People need to stop taking the delays and directly correlating them with this MAP shut down.

Is this a moving target and a vehicle that has outsourced many parts of which are being made for the first time amid a global pandemic? Yes!

Do I believe Ford is doing everything they can in their power to make this a successful launch? Yes!

Do I have a right to be disappointed about this launch? Yes, but I’m not mad at Ford, I’m not mad at any workers, I’m not mad at the world. Ive been on these forums for years planning out my trips/build. A few weeks delay isn’t the end of the world but you never really know if that’s all it’s going to be. These things were originally suppose to start being delivered by now but this pandemic has created a domino effect. Who knows when it will end. Fingers crossed this is the last one. Positive vibes only.
Did this post irritate me due to guy answering way too many of his own questions? Yes.

😝

Last edited:

MrMollusk

Black Diamond
First Name
J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Jeep JK, Smart Brabus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Our build date was august so as long as it's here by deer season, I'm all good. Besides somone just posted a 96' Bronco for 6k in my neighborhood. May have to scratch that itch! 😛

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Shit, I was more concerned about my post Cinco de Mayo hangover than I am about a vehicle I never expected to get before 2022.
Perspective folks.
and if that is lacking, Tequila helps

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My order tracker never gave a build week, that only shows on the email, I'll keep a smile on my face about my 6/21 build week until I hear from Ford. :) Happy thoughts, Happy thoughts.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So much for my August delivery. I guess it gives me time to wreck my credit.
What impulse buy is going to make me feel better today?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks