Sponsored

The my prefered Bronco trim line doesn't come with an option I want-how hard would be to add afterwards thread

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Been playing with the Build and Price and I'm torn between a Black Diamond and Outer Banks at the moment.

One of my must haves is the 12 inch LCD-which the BD doesn't offer and the Outer Banks does.

I'm not a fan of the wheel option or the body colored fenders on the OB, and to be honest, I actually like the Marine vinyl a bit better than the cloth options that the OB offers and I'd rather not have to add another 2K for leather.

Then I want a white top, but I don't want to wait till 2022MY to get it either...so do I just use the soft top (if I get a 4 door) then get the white top from Ford later? The only issue I can see with it is that its roughly $1100 for the MIC top with sound deadening and I'm going to assume a white top is going to be at least $1500-2000 standalone.

I'm curious as to how hard it would be to swap out the 8 inch display for the 12 inch one-

I'd like to get the wireless charging pad, but I'm also assuming that would be a fairly easy swap out.
Sponsored

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It just might cost you more to add a 12" screen after the fact unless you got used parts. I looked in to this for my F-350 XL (I just want Android Auto) and it's about a $2k parts list to go from stock radio to Sync 3.

OP
OP
Sherminiator

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It just might cost you more to add a 12" screen after the fact unless you got used parts. I looked in to this for my F-350 XL (I just want Android Auto) and it's about a $2k parts list to go from stock radio to Sync 3.
I know, but both the 8 and 12 inch screens are Sync4, so the only difference is a piece of trim and the screen itself.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know, but both the 8 and 12 inch screens are Sync4, so the only difference is a piece of trim and the screen itself.
It's likely more than that, especially if you don't have the 'uprated' 8-inch system included in Mid package.

Sponsored

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wonder if an intelligent access retrofit is possible for us standard package poors

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Agree with others...............do what you want NOW w/ your build, only going to be a hassle and more expensive later. That being said, the electronics are cool, cute and a bit of a novelty BUT---- we've all dealt w/ electrical crap. Fun for years 1-5 and then..........gremlins.
The less electrical crap I have to troubleshoot in the middle of no-where the better!!

Engineered failures are a given!

K, I. S. S.

CWO4

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been playing with the Build and Price and I'm torn between a Black Diamond and Outer Banks at the moment.

One of my must haves is the 12 inch LCD-which the BD doesn't offer and the Outer Banks does.

I'm not a fan of the wheel option or the body colored fenders on the OB, and to be honest, I actually like the Marine vinyl a bit better than the cloth options that the OB offers and I'd rather not have to add another 2K for leather.

Then I want a white top, but I don't want to wait till 2022MY to get it either...so do I just use the soft top (if I get a 4 door) then get the white top from Ford later? The only issue I can see with it is that its roughly $1100 for the MIC top with sound deadening and I'm going to assume a white top is going to be at least $1500-2000 standalone.

I'm curious as to how hard it would be to swap out the 8 inch display for the 12 inch one-

I'd like to get the wireless charging pad, but I'm also assuming that would be a fairly easy swap out.
Get the Outer Banks

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We had a struggle between the Badlands and the Outer Banks. You can't get the front sway bar disconnect or Baja mode on the Outer Banks, but you can't get the Roast/Onyx interior on the Badlands (didn't care for the sandstone in the same way as we like the roast!). The way we spec'd them both up, there was only a $1000 price difference between the two.

Figured we'll spend more time inside the Bronco, than we will off-roading to start with (new to this type of vehicle), so went for the interior/lux items, rather than the sway bar disconnect.

Now if we get the off-roading bug, I may regret that, but doesn't that mean it's time to order a new Bronco if we need that feature in the future? Win/win?
Sponsored

Last edited: