First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’d say you’re in the clear, but a previous poster said he received shipment status and it was pulled back for chip hold so who knows, you can call Ford....but Ford told us for 3 weeks “produced” and gave us ETA delivery dates, all of us showed and still show “in production” on the trackers though.
Thanks for the quick reply. My status is "Built" right after "In Production" so hopefully I'm all clear. They gave me an estimate for delivery of 11/9-11/25. I'm not far from Michigan in the grand scheme of things and it'll be coming by truck, so I'm praying this is finally the time.

Again, I appreciate the community doing everything they can for each other. Ford really left us in dark, uncharted waters here and we're all figuring it out together lol
Sponsored

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
if Delivery occurs in 2023 ... can it really be called a 2022??? J/K - this whole process has been one of the worst car buying experiences I have ever dealt with. From having to find a dealer 3 hours away that would honor MSRP, to needing price protection to waiting 1 year plus and now in chip hold.

Just hoping the torture is worth it but not holding my breath with the number of Ford Quality threads out there.
Feel your pain, was part of ice mountain waiting on my BB and it is worth it…hopefully they resolve soon.

bronco_billy

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crown Vic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ice Mountain survivor here…the only good/accurate info I got through the entire hellish process was through my dealership. They were awesome. Keep on them for updates, especially since you are on a chip hold. Some will ship quickly, some won’t. There will be no rhyme or reason to the process, so don’t get caught up trying to figure it out!​

sls1010

Raptor
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My tracker shows In Production 10/20 but I received an email from my dealership that it was built 10/16 and it currently on chip hold status. Mine is the Raptor.
Ford Bronco The new Who’s on chip hold thread 1668747737182

BroncoDude

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sounds like it is time for the mothership to send out more "hang in there" swag. Just in time for Christmas. 😁

Sponsored

Doccruz1

Wildtrak
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well Im a 11/04 blend with a 11/07 production date and still awaiting chips. Chat says delivery still estimated 11-22/11-28 which made me spit my coffee out. Maxed out Wildtrak with HOSS 3.0

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm out of the auto industry now but I have to wonder if covid changed the way the manufacturers punish suppliers. I'm sure they're allowed force majeure on these shortages but before we would be threatened with $10k/hr charges if we got parts late to the line. We would go as far as sending people on planes with boxes of parts to get them on-time because the penalties were so high.

If a car got pulled off the line incomplete you were in deep shit.

I suppose now it's just the day to day operation.

It sucks major donkey but I understand it. You have enough people on-line to build cars on-line. You basically only have limited opportunity to go outside and install parts when they're pulled like that. You're probably better off not being built than built incomplete.

BMW, Mercedes, and Tesla (I'm sure others too) have learned and require suppliers to be within 2hrs. There were many days where the production manager in our plastics division would drive his car to Spartanburg chock full of underbody panels and wheel arch liners to not shut BMW down. We built a plant in California just to make Tesla cockpit crossbars because they wouldn't accept them from farther away. Funny thing is they screwed us with their lousy rollouts but tier 1 suppliers don't get the power to re-bang the manufacturer. We had a plant ready to go with the promise of 2500 cars a week and they were building under 100 for almost a year.

Save The Manuals

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is Ford Customer Service Chat where you guys find out about the chip hold? Blend date of 11/16 still in production, I suspect I am part of the chip hold.

OP
OP
Cornbred

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Is Ford Customer Service Chat where you guys find out about the chip hold? Blend date of 11/16 still in production, I suspect I am part of the chip hold.
Yes, it took @Ford Motor Company 3 weeks from blend date to finally tell us “chip hold” though.

But for you I’d give it until Monday at the very least, since blend date was 2 days ago. Do you have modules and tear tag?

Doccruz1

Wildtrak
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Latest from The Wizards at Ford Chat: I am showing your vehicle is in production and has been produced. I also show it is waiting on a microchip at the plant on hold. Is how an estimated delivery date of November 28, 2022. With your VIN and order code, you can start tracking your vehicle order at ..........blah

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cornbred

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm out of the auto industry now but I have to wonder if covid changed the way the manufacturers punish suppliers. I'm sure they're allowed force majeure on these shortages but before we would be threatened with $10k/hr charges if we got parts late to the line. We would go as far as sending people on planes with boxes of parts to get them on-time because the penalties were so high.

If a car got pulled off the line incomplete you were in deep shit.

I suppose now it's just the day to day operation.

It sucks major donkey but I understand it. You have enough people on-line to build cars on-line. You basically only have limited opportunity to go outside and install parts when they're pulled like that. You're probably better off not being built than built incomplete.

BMW, Mercedes, and Tesla (I'm sure others too) have learned and require suppliers to be within 2hrs. There were many days where the production manager in our plastics division would drive his car to Spartanburg chock full of underbody panels and wheel arch liners to not shut BMW down. We built a plant in California just to make Tesla cockpit crossbars because they wouldn't accept them from farther away. Funny thing is they screwed us with their lousy rollouts but tier 1 suppliers don't get the power to re-bang the manufacturer. We had a plant ready to go with the promise of 2500 cars a week and they were building under 100 for almost a year.
Exactly, every chip they get goes to production line while all of our Broncos sit in @Ford Motor Company purgatory in the middle of a Michigan winter.

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Save The Manuals

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, it took @Ford Motor Company 3 weeks from blend date to finally tell us “chip hold” though.

But for you I’d give it until Monday at the very least, since blend date was 2 days ago. Do you have modules and tear tag?
Yes, modules popped early morning yesterday and tear tag later in the day

OP
OP
Cornbred

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yes, modules popped early morning yesterday and tear tag later in the day
I don’t know how long it takes to get “built” email/status on the trackers cause after 3 weeks I’m still “in production” 😂, maybe someone else knows.