First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
So Automobile Magazine put out an article about the rumored 2024+ Bronco Truck. And they stated that the 3.0 Ecoboost will NOT make it to that vehicle. So then they had the dumb idea that the raptor version will get the 5.0. (Won’t fit). I have a different theory. And this theory goes along with what the Raptor has done in the past.

Start with the 2010 First generation Raptor. It was powered by a 6.2L DOHC N/A V8 “Boss” Engine making 411hp 434lbft. Making it the first BIG engine 1/2 ton sports truck since the 2006 Ram SRT10.
skip ahead to the 2017 second generation Raptor. It made 450hp 510lbft. A huge improvement over the previous generation... but there was a catch.... it was a 3.5L DOHC Twin Turbo Ecoboost V6! Many people complained about losing the V8. But sales soared and it changed the mindset of turbo powered engines! Revolutionizing the ford lineup which is now almost exclusively turbo powered.

Now where at the 2021 third generation. And no word yet of what will be powering the new F150 just yet. But I think they are going to Revolutionize the industry again. Changing people’s perception of sports trucks for the future of automobiles.

A ~500HP ~700LBFT MONSTER! Sounds good right? Well it’s a 3.5L DOHC Twin Turbo Ecoboost Hybrid “Powerboost“. Making hybrids thing of the future. Showcasing what ford is planning to do with ALL of its vehicles. And putting out better torque than the new Ram TRX with its 1960s pushrod v8 with a blower. That’s what ford wants to do.... bring the future to the world. Not live In the past. And be a LEADER In the segment!

So if the F150 Raptor becomes a Ecoboost hybrid. What about the Ranger and Bronco?

EASY! 2.3L DOHC Turbo I4 Ecoboost Hybrid “Powerboost”. Making 365hp and 500lbft! The engine is rumored to already be in development for the Raptor Ranger in Australia for the 2022 Model year. Why not for America too?
that torque output would put everything to shame!
More than Jeeps 3.0 Diesel (440)
more than Jeeps rumored 392! (450)
more than Land Rover Defenders hybrid (406)

it would be revolutionary. Fast AND efficient!

here is a dyno graph showing how amazing it would be
2.3 Powerboost
3.0 ecoboost
5.0 Coyote
7.3 Godzilla.

By dyno graph alone I would pick the 2.3

Ford Bronco The Next Generation Of RAPTORS! 61DF940A-D778-4BAD-8A29-EBEF43FF08E4
Sponsored

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Will everyone be running 93 octane in this crazy new world?

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As heavy as the Squatch is, a hybrid raptor Bronco would be obese. Still plenty fast though with that engine.

SaudiBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti G37
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fast AND efficient! Agree.
But how about durable and reliable? compared to a naturally aspirated engines.

Especially when taken to high sand dunes in a hot dusty regions.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Will everyone be running 93 octane in this crazy new world?
87 oct can be used on any Ecoboost excluding the 2.3 high output I the mustang and focus RS

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Fast AND efficient! Agree.
But how about durable and reliable? compared to a naturally aspirated engines.

Especially when taken to high sand dunes in a hot dusty regions.
ecoboosts have held up GREAT so far. And EVs even better

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
As heavy as the Squatch is, a hybrid raptor Bronco would be obese. Still plenty fast though with that engine.
total weight for Sasquatch 4 door with the 2.7L is 5200lbs
Sasquatch with 2.3 is 5000lbs
meaning 2.3 hybrid would be 5700lbs. Heavy but FAST

now a bronco with a v8 would be about the same weight.

A tune 3.0 ecoboost would only be 5400 at most but I don’t think there is a big enough gap between the 2.7 and 3.0 to sell both

Rubicon 3.6 is 4500lbs
A 6.4 would push 5000lbs

Last edited:
OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So Automobile Magazine put out an article about the rumored 2024+ Bronco Truck. And they stated that the 3.0 Ecoboost will NOT make it to that vehicle. So then they had the dumb idea that the raptor version will get the 5.0. (Won’t fit). I have a different theory. And this theory goes along with what the Raptor has done in the past.

Start with the 2010 First generation Raptor. It was powered by a 6.2L DOHC N/A V8 “Boss” Engine making 411hp 434lbft. Making it the first BIG engine 1/2 ton sports truck since the 2006 Ram SRT10.
skip ahead to the 2017 second generation Raptor. It made 450hp 510lbft. A huge improvement over the previous generation... but there was a catch.... it was a 3.5L DOHC Twin Turbo Ecoboost V6! Many people complained about losing the V8. But sales soared and it changed the mindset of turbo powered engines! Revolutionizing the ford lineup which is now almost exclusively turbo powered.

Now where at the 2021 third generation. And no word yet of what will be powering the new F150 just yet. But I think they are going to Revolutionize the industry again. Changing people’s perception of sports trucks for the future of automobiles.

A ~500HP ~700LBFT MONSTER! Sounds good right? Well it’s a 3.5L DOHC Twin Turbo Ecoboost Hybrid “Powerboost“. Making hybrids thing of the future. Showcasing what ford is planning to do with ALL of its vehicles. And putting out better torque than the new Ram TRX with its 1960s pushrod v8 with a blower. That’s what ford wants to do.... bring the future to the world. Not live In the past. And be a LEADER In the segment!

So if the F150 Raptor becomes a Ecoboost hybrid. What about the Ranger and Bronco?

EASY! 2.3L DOHC Turbo I4 Ecoboost Hybrid “Powerboost”. Making 365hp and 500lbft! The engine is rumored to already be in development for the Raptor Ranger in Australia for the 2022 Model year. Why not for America too?
that torque output would put everything to shame!
More than Jeeps 3.0 Diesel (440)
more than Jeeps rumored 392! (450)
more than Land Rover Defenders hybrid (406)

it would be revolutionary. Fast AND efficient!

here is a dyno graph showing how amazing it would be
2.3 Powerboost
3.0 ecoboost
5.0 Coyote
7.3 Godzilla.

By dyno graph alone I would pick the 2.3

Ford Bronco The Next Generation Of RAPTORS! 61DF940A-D778-4BAD-8A29-EBEF43FF08E4
it's a shame that for all that reasoning, you only got 3 reactions. /s
Sponsored