Sponsored

The next steps, what my Bronco summer looks like...

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like many of us (hopefully most), my plans this summer almost entirely revolve around my Bronco. This is what my timeline looks like:

1. June 28-29, Bronco Off-Roadeo: I scheduled my Off-Roadeo on the first day registration opened for the first day possible. I don't want to wait 1 second longer than I have to, to be able to actually get behind the wheel of a Bronco.

2. Sometime in early July, dealer demo: My dealer has a mid June build date for their first demo so they should get it sometime in early July. This will be the first time my wife and girls will be able to see/sit-in/touch/ride-in a Bronco. I hope they let me take it over night so I can get a good test drive (although I doubt that would be a good idea for them because it my just end up at the rock park........).

3. July 19th, BUILD DATE: I hope they'll be on track to hit my build date. I SO wish I could go to MAP and see if come off the line (Ford, this is something you should do with your custom order customers, plant tour on day of build, get to see your vehicle being built, come off the line,....).

4. July 19th-Aug-?, UNBEARABLE wait: Nothing I have to explain to anyone here, this is going to be the longest 3-6 weeks, just waiting....

5. Sometime in mid August, Bronco delivery: The 4 year wait will be over for me. Can anyone really believe it has been that long (2017) since they announced the Bronco would be back?. I will probably put like 1000 miles on her in the first week; I bet we eat out ever night just so I can have an excuse to drive somewhere....

6. First weekend after delivery, KSROCKS: So my friends keep giving me a hard time, "No way you're going to take that $60k Bronco off-road,..." so I've promised them, 100% first chance I get I'm going to take them out to KROCKS (Kansas Rocks Recreation Park). I'm going to try and NOT go down too many crazy trails on day 1 but my dad will have 37s on his Rubi by then so he may want to try and but the coals to me a bit. I think he's going to be surprised though, how well my stock Badlands Sasquatch Bronco keeps up...

7. Sometime late summer, my dream road trip: Sometime late this summer my wife and I are going drive the Bronco out to San Diego, the top and doors are coming off, and we're going to spend a week driving up the coast, Pacific Coast Highway San Diego to San Francisco, then continue up US 101 to Olympic National Park . This has been a dream of mine for YEARS (the plan originally was to do it in an Early Bronco). "I can see you, Your brown skin shining in the sun, You got the top pulled down and the radio on, baby." Every time I hear that song I've pictured driving down the beach, top pulled down, I can almost smell the salt-water....

So that's my Bronco journey this summer. I do feel super fortunate to have an early build date (day 1 reservation) and to be able to enjoy my Bronco this summer, I know not everyone here is going to get that.
Sponsored

79BKO

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Bronco, 21 Bronco Big Bend SAS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sounds like a plan! I to have a July 19 build date. I'm past ready. I'll be at Off Roadeo July 24. Trips we have planned are to Big Bend park in Texas and PCB in Florida.

79BKO

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Bronco, 21 Bronco Big Bend SAS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sounds like a plan! I to have a July 19 build date. I'm past ready. I'll be at Off Roadeo July 24. Trips we have planned are to Big Bend park in Texas and PCB in Florida.

Sponsored

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There is nothing coming anywhere near me so I will just wait till my Bronco gets here. That’s fine. I am still enjoying the JK until it is replaced.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good deal!
Sound very much like our trip up the PCH we had planned for this summer.
Whenever it does happen we were going to cut off there somewhere north of SF, venture into the Redwoods Natl. forest, skirt over to Idaho and on to Yellowstone. I'd like to have the time to go on north to see Seattle area before heading over to Yellowstone.
South/east somewhere toward Mt Rushmore, through the BL of SD, meander back east to home.

Figured it would be a good 2 week trip, and that's still logging a few days' worth of more miles per day than I would like for the sightseeing.
I need like a month or two off and about $10-20k to blow on a trip and it would be the most epic one state-side.

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like many of us (hopefully most), my plans this summer almost entirely revolve around my Bronco. This is what my timeline looks like:

1. June 28-29, Bronco Off-Roadeo: I scheduled my Off-Roadeo on the first day registration opened for the first day possible. I don't want to wait 1 second longer than I have to, to be able to actually get behind the wheel of a Bronco.

2. Sometime in early July, dealer demo: My dealer has a mid June build date for their first demo so they should get it sometime in early July. This will be the first time my wife and girls will be able to see/sit-in/touch/ride-in a Bronco. I hope they let me take it over night so I can get a good test drive (although I doubt that would be a good idea for them because it my just end up at the rock park........).

3. July 19th, BUILD DATE: I hope they'll be on track to hit my build date. I SO wish I could go to MAP and see if come off the line (Ford, this is something you should do with your custom order customers, plant tour on day of build, get to see your vehicle being built, come off the line,....).

4. July 19th-Aug-?, UNBEARABLE wait: Nothing I have to explain to anyone here, this is going to be the longest 3-6 weeks, just waiting....

5. Sometime in mid August, Bronco delivery: The 4 year wait will be over for me. Can anyone really believe it has been that long (2017) since they announced the Bronco would be back?. I will probably put like 1000 miles on her in the first week; I bet we eat out ever night just so I can have an excuse to drive somewhere....

6. First weekend after delivery, KSROCKS: So my friends keep giving me a hard time, "No way you're going to take that $60k Bronco off-road,..." so I've promised them, 100% first chance I get I'm going to take them out to KROCKS (Kansas Rocks Recreation Park). I'm going to try and NOT go down too many crazy trails on day 1 but my dad will have 37s on his Rubi by then so he may want to try and but the coals to me a bit. I think he's going to be surprised though, how well my stock Badlands Sasquatch Bronco keeps up...

7. Sometime late summer, my dream road trip: Sometime late this summer my wife and I are going drive the Bronco out to San Diego, the top and doors are coming off, and we're going to spend a week driving up the coast, Pacific Coast Highway San Diego to San Francisco, then continue up US 101 to Olympic National Park . This has been a dream of mine for YEARS (the plan originally was to do it in an Early Bronco). "I can see you, Your brown skin shining in the sun, You got the top pulled down and the radio on, baby." Every time I hear that song I've pictured driving down the beach, top pulled down, I can almost smell the salt-water....

So that's my Bronco journey this summer. I do feel super fortunate to have an early build date (day 1 reservation) and to be able to enjoy my Bronco this summer, I know not everyone here is going to get that.
Sounds like a great plan. Let me know if you make a stop in Monterey on your way up the PCH, I should have my ride by then too.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
First weekend after delivery, KSROCKS: So my friends keep giving me a hard time, "No way you're going to take that $60k Bronco off-road,..." so I've promised them, 100% first chance I get I'm going to take them out to KROCKS (Kansas Rocks Recreation Park).
Good to hear. Even better than an off-road park, maybe on your trip, you can map out some reasonable trails to explore. There is a lot you can do off-road without wrecking your new Bronco. More in the line of some fantastic views and exploring on trails, maybe remote camping without a bunch of people around making a racket at a campground.

As a non-reservation holder, I won't have a new Bronco this summer, or maybe not even next summer. (Which means I may never get a Bronco.) But my plan a few weeks from now, is to get the transmission back in my TJ, and enjoy top down fun the rest of summer.

Ourbroncolife

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sounds like an awesome plan!

Sponsored

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I really enjoyed reading your positive and upbeat post @Jdyount. Glad you are so excited about the delivery and that road trip to PCH. We’ll expect reports on all 7 items (well, maybe not #4). By the way, you are way better off doing that trip in a 2021 Badlands instead of an EB!

OP
OP
Jdyount

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really enjoyed reading your positive and upbeat post @Jdyount. Glad you are so excited about the delivery and that road trip to PCH. We’ll expect reports on all 7 items (well, maybe not #4). By the way, you are way better off doing that trip in a 2021 Badlands instead of an EB!
I had a 75 EB (regret every day selling it), would have loved to do it but I just wouldn't have felt safe enough driving that thing out there on the interstate (plus no AC through the desert would have SUCKED).

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine is a little closer to ; following folks around, drooling on their Broncos and begging them to let me drive it.

or maybe stopping in at every dealership I can find that has one for a test drive.

disclaimer... not really following folks around... maybe

MacDonald_Photo

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If all goes to "schedule" I have a July 12 build week(according to the dealership even though Ford email says June 21st)
So....Take possession sometime in July? I'm hoping the dealer being within an hour of MAP helps with delivery time. 🤷‍♂️
Drive it for about a week (break-in)before dropping it off to the vinyl shop for a full wrap.
Jet to Silver Lake Sand Dunes here in Michigan for a weekend in late July?
Then in Mid-Agust headed to the Badlands for a few days to do a photoshoot with the Bronco.
And that's it really.....All the waiting has taken a little wind out of my sails so hoping when I DO take delivery I will be inspired to go do more.
Sponsored