First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
NJ LUXURY & FUEL INEFFICIENT SURCHARGE applies to NEW passenger vehicles whose gross sales/lease price is $45,000 or more and/or whose average EPA mile per gallon (city and highway) is less than 19 MPG.

I was planning on moving up to BL to get the packages but now that package would cost me $2,000 more if I do. This would be on top of paying $6K more to upgrade from BD to BL. Is my math right? lol

My BD build would be $43K my BL build would be $50K plus $2,000. If this is correct, I'm definitely sticking with BD and buying someone's 33" wheels or just go aftermarket. Unless the MPG is less than 19 which then it wouldn't matter as both options would be surcharged.

Anyone else from NJ just realizing this?

I feel like I keep saying this, but I really need to get out of this state...
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do you know the published EPA mpg will be less than 19?

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
NJ LUXURY & FUEL INEFFICIENT SURCHARGE applies to NEW passenger vehicles whose gross sales/lease price is $45,000 or more and/or whose average EPA mile per gallon (city and highway) is less than 19 MPG.

I was planning on moving up to BL to get the packages but now that package would cost me $2,000 more if I do. This would be on top of paying $6K more to upgrade from BD to BL. Is my math right? lol

My BD build would be $43K my BL build would be $50K plus $2,000. If this is correct, I'm definitely sticking with BD and buying someone's 33" wheels or just go aftermarket. Unless the MPG is less than 19 which then it wouldn't matter as both options would be surcharged.

From everyone from there, on here and personal friends it seems that NJ is tax hell. I thought MD was bad but it can't hold a candle to NJ...

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

NJ sounds like crap. Most cars/trucks cost over $45k now. Everyone is now living in luxury.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Pretty sure you've got some bad math at work there.