First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The location on the steering wheel for the volume and skip controls is opposite from every vehicle I have owned or driven in the last several years. I had a Ford as a rental while on a trip recently and it was the same as my previous vehicles, so I know it isn’t a Ford thing.

Why did you do this, Ford? It’s so difficult for me to get used to for some reason.
Sponsored

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The location on the steering wheel for the volume and skip controls is opposite from every vehicle I have owned or driven in the last several years. I had a Ford as a rental while on a trip recently and it was the same as my previous vehicles, so I know it isn’t a Ford thing.

Why did you do this, Ford? It’s so difficult for me to get used to for some reason.
Nah, on left is best. If it was on the right you'd might as well reach out with that same hand and turn the infotainment knob.

mintypickleman

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nah, on left is best. If it was on the right you'd might as well reach out with that same hand and turn the infotainment knob.
Was just typing out the same thing. I definitely prefer volume on the left for that reason.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Which I usually do anyway. Knobs are preferable for volume.

My gripe related to this is that the skip buttons cycle through presets instead of channels when using Sirius.

Sponsored

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wish I could have ordered my Bronco with the radio delete option found on classic Mustangs. LOL!

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I switch between multiple vehicles during any week, my Chrysler and F150 are totally different than the Bronco. No different than reaching for windows switches haha

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
But don’t those steering wheel buttons feel oh so satisfyingly squishy?

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Every Ford I have ever driven in the past 20 years with radio controls on the wheel, radio on the right, cruse control on the left. Including my wife's brand new F-150 we bought last year.

And... Ford changed it, just to change it.

But, I'll get used to it. The most annoying thing is the itty bitty tiny gas tank.

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But don’t those steering wheel buttons feel oh so satisfyingly squishy?
I was actually thinking they're hard to thumb by feel alone. My Tacoma has good, hard buttons (obvs not meant to be water resistant, though) that you can easily distinguish by running your thumb across the steering wheel control pad.

Do you find that you're able to hit the right button 100% of the time if you need to control media? This may be something I just live with, but I keep imagining the 2024 refresh design correcting this, and feeling resentfully stupefied

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The steering wheel radio controls are a non-issue for me. I use the knob for volume and the touch screen for selection.
The one thing that I love is not having to use a key. Every time I sit in my wife's van now, I have to stretch a leg and get a key out of my pocket. I have been programmed to jump in and push the button. :)

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was actually thinking they're hard to thumb by feel alone. My Tacoma has good, hard buttons (obvs not meant to be water resistant, though) that you can easily distinguish by running your thumb across the steering wheel control pad.

Do you find that you're able to hit the right button 100% of the time if you need to control media? This may be something I just live with, but I keep imagining the 2024 refresh design correcting this, and feeling resentfully stupefied
I always have to look down, buttons are essentially indistinguishable except for their placement and different height levels on the control pads

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does Ford do speed sensitive volume control on the Bronco Audio systems. I know some people hate them, but a well done speed adjusting audio set up is fantastic.

Reactions: abe

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a geezer I use the knobs. I can reach and turn the knobs without looking. I have to seek the steering wheel and on screen buttons. In reality, there is way to much technology in this thing for me. It has been about fifteen years since I stopped chasing the latest and greatest hi tech. When I get in the Bronco, I find myself wishing my two door was wrapped around a push rod 302, with mechanical analog gauges. Old age, you hope you get there, and when you do, you realize uh oh. BTW, I enjoy everything about my Bronco.
Sponsored