Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can any one speak to how long it took to move an order that the dealership put in without your knowledge?

I feel like I'm in a pinch, I didn't see how long these issues take to resolve in the search, wondering what potential outlook looks like.

So bit of a back story here (otherwise skip to the bottom):

I like to support local businesses. I have a car I bought and currently service a local JCD dealership. When the new Bronco was announced I was smitten. July 14, when the reservations opened I was one of those many hitting refresh on the website.

Anyways, I chose my local ford dealership by the same name as my JCD dealership. When we got closer to ordering, I did enough research to understand pricing and that I wasn't be screwed over (msrp + $500 non refundable), but I didn't reach or try to move my order to "The Best" deal in the east coast of the US.

After waiting through the intial orders opening up to hopefully miss the bugs in the system between the B&P and the part numbers, I committed to putting in my order at the beginning March.

Fast forward to this Monday. I called to schedule a visit to the dealership with the lead new-car salesman (my regular contact). "He is no longer with us"

Oh man.

So I confirmed the process with the next guy who replaced him. The non refundable fee is now $2500.

??? Oh man.

Well, I knew what to do. I retreated to the Bronco6g forum here, researched this awesome site for East coast dealerships. Found great reviews and called up a lead. They'll be happy to take my res, just need to call Ford and ask them to move it. Sure thing.

After introductions, the Ford guy asks if I knew the previous dealership had already put in my order?

Oh man. I had already read the stories here about those issues. But I had never received a notification or anything about my order going in. But sure enough, I went to my ford account and yes, Feb 9 the order was made for the original reservation.

Ford guy tells me, So because my OG dealership made my order without my consent, the they can move me, but they can't guarantee any timeline, otherwise I'll be notified when it happens.

"But surely by March 19th, right?"
"I can't predict a timeline"

Oh man.

So now I am in wait mode. The good news is that I've settled 99% of my selections. But I can't put my order in until I get moved, or I'm stuck with this crazy $2500 fee, or I ask to delay for a '22.

Long story short:
I went w local guys who lost the manager I was working with, got stuck with an outrageous fee - just to find out they put in my order in February so now Im not sure I can move the res by March 19 and I just want to order my Bronco.

Can any one speak to how long it took to move an order that the dealership put in without your knowledge?

Thanks for listening,

{Edit: corrected the order date}
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sharky1951

Big Bend
First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Discovery,viper, Mitsubishi 3000Gt,87 Benz 560sl
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I can’t speak on moving an order but I can tell you once the order is placed you can’t make any changes on the order but must cancel order and have a new one issued which puts you further back in line, because it’s a new order, You may want to check to be sure you keep your original reservation # or you’ll be waiting a long time, I had to pay a $100 reservation fee and then a $1000 non refundable deposit. I told them from the beginning I wanted the Rubber mats instead of carpet, they couldn’t figure out how to get rubber, after the order was placed I found out on this web site rubber comes with the black diamond, I got the big bend, so now I can’t have rubber without upgrading, but I don’t want to start over, so I’m just screwed. So beware of changes.

RACERED-WT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just want make sure I'm understanding this correctly so as I dont scare myself after reading your story. Are you saying that the dealer ordered a Bronco without you giving them your build? Surely they would need this beforehand, could you clarify by what you mean when you say " order that the dealership put in without your knowledge? "?

OP
OP
harperrb

harperrb

Wildtrak
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I can’t speak on moving an order but I can tell you once the order is placed you can’t make any changes on the order but must cancel order and have a new one issued which puts you further back in line, because it’s a new order, You may want to check to be sure you keep your original reservation # or you’ll be waiting a long time, I had to pay a $100 reservation fee and then a $1000 non refundable deposit. I told them from the beginning I wanted the Rubber mats instead of carpet, they couldn’t figure out how to get rubber, after the order was placed I found out on this web site rubber comes with the black diamond, I got the big bend, so now I can’t have rubber without upgrading, but I don’t want to start over, so I’m just screwed. So beware of changes.

I thought you could modify the order until March 19?

Sharky1951

Big Bend
First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I thought you could modify the order until March 19?
They told me to make any changes you cancel and place a new order, so yes you can change but you are penalized,

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Heard that it can take anywhere from a couple days to a couple weeks.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You can change your order until a VIN is assigned. Ford has confirmed this. Saying that, Ford would like you to not make any major changes, just minor things like paint, but they've never said you can't make major changes.

Sharky1951

Big Bend
First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Heard that it can take anywhere from a couple days to a couple weeks.
That’s how long it takes for the dealership changes to go through, but you get a new # in line

OP
OP
harperrb

harperrb

Wildtrak
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just want make sure I'm understanding this correctly so as I dont scare myself after reading your story. Are you saying that the dealer ordered a Bronco without you giving them your build? Surely they would need this beforehand, could you clarify by what you mean when you say " order that the dealership put in without your knowledge? "?
Correct, they put in an order that was my reservation, a two door Big Bend. Since then, I've decided on a 2dr Wildtrak. What did they select with the big bend? I don't know... I think the Ford guy heard the panic in my voice, and he talked me through it. But couldn't promise me that I'm set before March 19. We'll see what happens.

Last edited:

RACERED-WT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OMG that's scary! Im calling my dealer to make sure I damn sure better not get a base bronco I reserved, as I am planning to get a Badlands!

Sponsored
OP
OP
harperrb

harperrb

Wildtrak
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OMG that's scary! Im calling my dealer to make sure I damn sure better not get a base bronco I reserved, as I am planning to get a Badlands!
Check your ford.com account under orders and reservations.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They told me to make any changes you cancel and place a new order, so yes you can change but you are penalized,
That's not true. You do not cancel.

Sharky1951

Big Bend
First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You can change your order until a VIN is assigned. Ford has confirmed this. Saying that, Ford would like you to not make any major changes, just minor things like paint, but they've never said you can't make major changes.
I was going to upgrade to the black diamond , that’s when they informed me I’d get a new #, so it depends on rather or not you want to wait longer
Sponsored