Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey Chris! Question:

You mentioned earlier in the thread that there are 7 mapped options and the eco, sport, and race settings are just presets within those 7 mappings.

I’m fairly novice when it comes to tuning metrics and terminology, so I was hoping for a little more elaboration on that.

Are you saying that there are 7 levels (maps) that you can swap to, which will determine the amount of additional power you’d get out of the vehicle?

Additionally, is the Eco mode actually that? Is it meant to increase MPG, or is it more so just called eco because it’s closer to the stock settings of the Bronco?

After installing this, is the driver meant to leave the vehicle in Normal mode on the GOAT settings, and adjust tuning via bluetooth/app?

Im interesting in getting one at some point, too bad I missed the sale!

we recommend the 3 maps but inside each map you can fine tune for more or less to your liking.
If you do not use the app on the device itself you can change the map # 1-7

Eco is very close to stock but we do adjust the curve to come on a little later so it is more lazy but its to help with fuel economy.

you can still use the GOAT modes that will not interfere with the device at all!

Thank you
Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Does yours come with the Bluetooth dongle so you can see the guages on your phone...the others do this.

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Once ordered, when will these be available?

Sponsored

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey Chris! Question:

You mentioned earlier in the thread that there are 7 mapped options and the eco, sport, and race settings are just presets within those 7 mappings.

I’m fairly novice when it comes to tuning metrics and terminology, so I was hoping for a little more elaboration on that.

Are you saying that there are 7 levels (maps) that you can swap to, which will determine the amount of additional power you’d get out of the vehicle?

Additionally, is the Eco mode actually that? Is it meant to increase MPG, or is it more so just called eco because it’s closer to the stock settings of the Bronco?

After installing this, is the driver meant to leave the vehicle in Normal mode on the GOAT settings, and adjust tuning via bluetooth/app?

Im interesting in getting one at some point, too bad I missed the sale!
Great questions!

LeBronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Expedition Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It is a fact that any car manufacturer can find alterations to a tune if they really checked the data logs. Because you never got caught doesn't mean that Ford can not find it. And you personally never having an issue doesn't mean that someone else won't. I know that there are tens of thousands of people that run tunes on their vehicles (myself included throughout the years) but don't be surprised if a turbo blows and Ford pulls data logs to find that the tune had been altered by a piggy backed device. I'm a fan of tuned cars and I'm willing to bet that Panda Motorworks puts out a good kit. The only reason why I commented was because of the wording on the product related to the factory warranty which may or may not be voided upon use. Probably a good idea for people to stop responding to my original comments if the focus on the thread is to be the product itself.
not the same thing! Ford can definitely determine that the ECM has been flashed and how many times it has been flashed. This device is NOT the same as traditional flash based tuning in any way shape or form.

omega145

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
not the same thing! Ford can definitely determine that the ECM has been flashed and how many times it has been flashed. This device is NOT the same as traditional flash based tuning in any way shape or form.
A plug in device IS a tune as it modifies your vehicle when plugged in and data logs will show that your boost, fuel/air ratio or whatever were modified when the device was plugged in. The dealership can gain access to the logs and determine that something was modified if something catastrophic occurs.

Sponsored

omega145

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There will always be traces left of any plug in device that's adjusting the ECU IF the dealership or Ford decides to dig deeper.

2021WILDTRAKCDH

Wildtrak
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am on the fence with this item...seems like Panda has a good reputation....certainly much better than most of the FORD people I have dealt with...it is hard to find an honest, knowledgeable, person in the auto industry---but there are a few. I woud point out that part of the Panda package involves replacing spark plugs...so when servicing or for warranty issues..shouldn't they be removed as well to eliminate all possible fingerprints? Plug and Play makes it easy to remove...removing plugs is time consuming ...Are spark plugs easy to switch on the 2.7?​
I like the idea of the product and it if works...sounds like a good mod at an amazing price....Hopefully it all works and people get to further enjoy their more spirited broncos..I drove a 2021 Bronco 2 door with 2.7....performance was okay...nothing special---not bad ...but pretty basic IMO. I have a Jeep Rubicon 392...that vehicle puts a smile on your face. But I am a life long bronco man...so I am glad Ford finally delivered a new bronco!!​

Last edited:

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am on the fence with this item...seems like Panda has a good reputation....certainly much better than most of the FORD people I have dealt with...it is hard to find an honest, knowledgeable, person in the auto industry---but there are a few. I woud point out that part of the Panda package involves replacing spark plugs...so when servicing or for warranty issues..shouldn't they be removed as well to eliminate all possible fingerprints? Plug and Play makes it easy to remove...removing plugs is time consuming ...Are spark plugs easy to swich on the 2.7?​
I like the idea of the product and it if works...sounds like a good mod at an amazing price....Hopefully it all works and people get to further enjoy their more spirited broncos..I drove a 2021 Bronco 2 door with 2.7....performance was okay...nothing special---not bad ...but pretty basic IMO. I have a Jeep Rubicon 392...that vehicle puts a smile on your face. But I am a life long bronco man...so I am glad Ford finally delivered a new bronco!!​

Plugs is a maintenance item and would not lead to anything on warranty. Its a NGK plug that meets and exceeds OEM Specs. I would not fear having plugs in being a issue.

The biggest thing we believe in is safety and reliability. Power is great but only if it lasts!
Sponsored