Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow. It is bad to hear that. What is your impression about power gain from this module??
I don't have one, to be honest. I installed it exactly as they did in the vids (no instructions included, aside from a warning that you can install plugs in reverse inadvertently), immediately saw that the check engine light was on, couldn't get out of limp home mode. Ran pretty rough the entire time and the trans felt clunky. After getting frustrated about the app I decided that I'd just put the original connections back and see if that fixes the check engine light, everything went back to normal and running fine. At that point I didn't even bother trying to troubleshoot what could be wrong in the module or wiring and uninstalled it. Which sucks, because I've had modules like this in the past that worked fine, and I was excited to see what it'd do for the 2.7L. I'll probably just wait for a Ford tune or my warranty to run out before I try anything else, simply because it doesn't feel underpowered as-is and it's been a great vehicle so far.
Sponsored

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow. It is bad to hear that. What is your impression about power gain from this module??

We are not data harvesting on anyone. It only requires when in use of the app and you can change the settings to only allow it during then on your phone.

Car play needs GPS as well as many other apps for its full function as well

I don't have one, to be honest. I installed it exactly as they did in the vids (no instructions included, aside from a warning that you can install plugs in reverse inadvertently), immediately saw that the check engine light was on, couldn't get out of limp home mode. Ran pretty rough the entire time and the trans felt clunky. After getting frustrated about the app I decided that I'd just put the original connections back and see if that fixes the check engine light, everything went back to normal and running fine. At that point I didn't even bother trying to troubleshoot what could be wrong in the module or wiring and uninstalled it. Which sucks, because I've had modules like this in the past that worked fine, and I was excited to see what it'd do for the 2.7L. I'll probably just wait for a Ford tune or my warranty to run out before I try anything else, simply because it doesn't feel underpowered as-is and it's been a great vehicle so far.

Sorry you had issues with this. Our delay in instructions is sadly what caused the issue we had on the 2.7

They stay awake way longer than the 2.3 and unplugging the sensors with power to the car can cause this.

It's something we have updated and ship with every unit now!

We would love to work with you on this is you would email [email protected]

Thank you

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Pretty disappointed that this app requires location services to function. It was bad enough when it asked permission to use camera and media (it's a wireless interface, not a multimedia device we're talking about here), but then it gives me some BS about needing location services for bluetooth to work. After I gave it permission to allow it to connect, I then turned off my GPS, and the truth was revealed....it says that it requires constant precise GPS location and refuses to change your tune until it's turned back on. Absolutely will not be part of data harvesting, nor will I be subjected to using my GPS nonstop for it, this app is wiped from my phone. For anyone interested in maintaining their privacy and/or phone's battery life, be prepared to pop the hood and change settings manually. For everyone else, carry on, the app works as advertised.
You do realize your Bronco location is tracked via satellite…right?

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Totally true, Ford and GM both 'harvest' car and driving data for their own internal purposes. And now it seems many insurance companies are starting to require you to have an app installed on your phone to track your driving habits if you want a discount. Crazy times we live in. Freedom? What's that.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We are not data harvesting on anyone. It only requires when in use of the app and you can change the settings to only allow it during then on your phone.

Car play needs GPS as well as many other apps for its full function as well

Sorry you had issues with this. Our delay in instructions is sadly what caused the issue we had on the 2.7

They stay awake way longer than the 2.3 and unplugging the sensors with power to the car can cause this.

It's something we have updated and ship with every unit now!

We would love to work with you on this is you would email [email protected]

Thank you
The battery was the first thing unplugged, and stayed that way while I swapped spark plugs, then I went on to plug in the sensors. But, I'm willing to give it one more try just in case there's a different order of operation or whatever. Post or link the instructions here (for me and anyone else who didn't get them) and I'll see what happens.

I'm still miffed about the app, since this is the first time I've had to enable location to bluetooth anything for it to work. I'm not saying you're harvesting data, as android OS has made it difficult to design bluetooth apps that don't require location, but it opens the door to any interested parties the second you allow it and run the app.

Perhaps yours is, but mine is most assuredly not. My bronco is MIA as far as Ford and whoever else might be tracking it is concerned. That's an entirely separate can of worms, however.

Sponsored

EXO Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Audi S4, Raptor (Previously)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So… how is the power difference on 7?

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You're making the assumption that once something is installed, it cannot be disabled. It's still there in case I need GPS and cell data for future use or resale, but I'm under no obligation to keep it active.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nah, I used to love XM but it's kinda trash these days. Sure, there are other ways to track me and snoop, good lord there's a lot of it, but I prefer to choose exactly when and what they get to see. If there's ever a time I need to drop completely off radar for whatever reason, it's just a matter of dropping my phone into a faraday cage (or, ammo box if you like that term better lol). It's not that any of this affects me in any meaningful way but it's a matter of principle for me.

GravyTrain

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, 2020 110
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Still waiting for mine. It’s been a couple of months now.
Sponsored