First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have to say the reason I chose Panda Motorworks was because when I looked at reviews on other forums for Vivid Racing's product which is very similar to Panda's and seems to have been announced first, I found less than stellar reviews on BMW, Porche, Toyota, and other car brand forums advising to stay away. However when I looked at reviews for Panda Works I only found great review so kudos to you guys at Panda Motorworks for building that great reputation and take my money! ;)
Appreciate the Support!
Sponsored

Eric L

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2017 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are not guaranteeing it but it leaves no trace once removed. Install takes 10min give or take. Something very easy to unplug if heading in for warranty work
the colder plugs run fine when it's unplugged and running stock?

• Love
Reactions: Cat

Sponsored

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
any way to change tire size/calibrate speedo with this device?
I wonder if this could be accomplished using Forscan? I just ordered my OBD link so I can unlock sport mode :D

Sponsored

87gpe

First Edition
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe, Supra
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This sounds really similar to the jb4 which is basically tricking the sensor to produce more boost. It's basically intercepting a signal and getting more boost than the sensor believes. Is that essentially what you're doing here?

Are any of these parameters configurable for the user like on a jb4, or is this locked off? Since this bypasses, I'm assuming you're not asking for additional fuel or anything similar for the additional boost you're requesting? Have you measured the reliability of this over distance? I've seen quite a few blown turbos in other cars from similar devices when the boost is cranked too high.

• Wow

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This sounds really similar to the jb4 which is basically tricking the sensor to produce more boost. It's basically intercepting a signal and getting more boost than the sensor believes. Is that essentially what you're doing here?

Are any of these parameters configurable for the user like on a jb4, or is this locked off? Since this bypasses, I'm assuming you're not asking for additional fuel or anything similar for the additional boost you're requesting? Have you measured the reliability of this over distance? I've seen quite a few blown turbos in other cars from similar devices when the boost is cranked too high.

We are not tricking the sensor. We are reconfiguring the sensor signal to apply increased boost pressure. We are doing so while watching the OEM ECU to make sure all is happy.

This is locked minus our Maps to insure no one is cranking these up. The #'s we are running are well within safe limits. We have miles on a few broncos to make sure our maps worked well with the street and behaved how we would like them too.

Thank you

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Besides Eco, Sport and Race, is there an option for TOW in the works? After the Bronco comes home a travel trailer won’t be too far behind at our house!
You'll need a pretty small travel trailer to stay within the 3,500 lb tow rating. Even then I wouldn't recommend it. The weight is one thing but the frontal area you're pushing through the air creates a lot of drag and load on the tow vehicle. The Bronco engine should have no problem but you'll be working the transmission pretty hard and hills will just make it worse. I've been towing for 20+ years and I would only tow a small boat or popup with the Bronco. There aren't too many travel trailers that are less than 3,500 lbs loaded for travel. I towed a 5,500 lb loaded travel trailer with an Expedition rated for 8,000 lbs and it was barely adequate. The Expedition struggled up long steep grades and was never really comfortable when windy. Upgraded to a 3/4 ton diesel pickup and was finally comfortable and safe towing.

I'm not criticizing your trailer plan just trying to help you avoid an unpleasant lesson. The Bronco is probably great for lots of things but I wouldn't chose it for any significant amount of towing. I tried two different Expeditions before finally getting the big truck and finding what I really needed. Even a small trailer can be dodgy sometimes. Scariest experience towing was with a Coleman popup and the first Expedition. I didn't have good sway damping system and made a quick maneuver at 60 mph to avoid road debris. That 3,500 lb trailer was going all over the place and taking the much bigger Expedition along. Got it slowed and under control but scared the crap out me not to mention the screaming wife and kids.

BroncoA51

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I grew up towing horses and cows in all myriad of trucks and trailers. I understand the metrics of it all. Looking at a RPod 171 or similar. (<2500 lbs) I appreciate the heads up, but everything you said has already been taken in to consideration.
You'll need a pretty small travel trailer to stay within the 3,500 lb tow rating. Even then I wouldn't recommend it. The weight is one thing but the frontal area you're pushing through the air creates a lot of drag and load on the tow vehicle. The Bronco engine should have no problem but you'll be working the transmission pretty hard and hills will just make it worse. I've been towing for 20+ years and I would only tow a small boat or popup with the Bronco. There aren't too many travel trailers that are less than 3,500 lbs loaded for travel. I towed a 5,500 lb loaded travel trailer with an Expedition rated for 8,000 lbs and it was barely adequate. The Expedition struggled up long steep grades and was never really comfortable when windy. Upgraded to a 3/4 ton diesel pickup and was finally comfortable and safe towing.

I'm not criticizing your trailer plan just trying to help you avoid an unpleasant lesson. The Bronco is probably great for lots of things but I wouldn't chose it for any significant amount of towing. I tried two different Expeditions before finally getting the big truck and finding what I really needed. Even a small trailer can be dodgy sometimes. Scariest experience towing was with a Coleman popup and the first Expedition. I didn't have good sway damping system and made a quick maneuver at 60 mph to avoid road debris. That 3,500 lb trailer was going all over the place and taking the much bigger Expedition along. Got it slowed and under control but scared the crap out me not to mention the screaming wife and kids.

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I grew up towing horses and cows in all myriad of trucks and trailers. I understand the metrics of it all. Looking at a RPod 171 or similar. (<2500 lbs) I appreciate the heads up, but everything you said has already been taken in to consideration.
Good to hear, I was thinking it would have to be something along those lines. I see too many people with SUVs towing trailers well beyond what they should. Long time ago helped my father in law take a couple of bulls to the vet in Montana. They got agitated and had the trailer rocking and gave us a pretty good ride in the truck. Only time towing large animals, quite the adventure getting them in and out of the trailer on both ends of the trip.
Sponsored