Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pandamotorworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2014 Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
with this installed do we have to run 93 or can we switch back and forth between 87 and 93?
Yes you can! We just do not recommend going above map 5 when on 87.
Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We did run 93 with the NGK spark plugs. I was saying if we did the base run on 87 and stock plugs, the gains would've been greater than represented on the graph!
Oh, I'm with you now - so the plugs may have added a couple/few HP from complete stock.

So let's say between 25-30 HP gains for $560 (after discount) makes a pretty nice dollar/HP investment. I think this a great first step for more power, and reversible should a tune be needed/wanted later. I see a preorder in my near future, as I should be getting my Bronco in a few weeks.

OP
OP
Mitch Panda Motorworks

Mitch Panda Motorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pandamotorworks.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh, I'm with you now - so the plugs may have added a couple/few HP from complete stock.

So let's say between 25-30 HP gains for $560 (after discount) makes a pretty nice dollar/HP investment. I think this a great first step for more power, and reversible should a tune be needed/wanted later. I see a preorder in my near future, as I should be getting my Bronco in a few weeks.
Absolutely! Some people may use this as a stepping stone to a custom tune when thats available, but for others it may be enough especially considering you can keep your warranty which we see as a huge value! The pre-order is live until 12/1 at 11:59pm.

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I remember reading somewhere that the reason the 2.7 is not available with a MT is that 2.7L torque output is right at or even above the MT torque limit. Given that, are there concerns that this mod could cause problems for MTs if pushed to the limit?

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Absolutely! Some people may use this as a stepping stone to a custom tune when thats available, but for others it may be enough especially considering you can keep your warranty which we see as a huge value! The pre-order is live until 12/1 at 11:59pm.
I liken this to the Jet Performance Stage 2 Power Module that I put in my C5 Vette years ago. It complimented my other bolt on mods, and really gave it a kick in the pants. These things used to be called "Chips", but they have really come a long way since those days. Switching maps and control via app sounds awesome.

Sponsored

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I remember reading somewhere that the reason the 2.7 is not available with a MT is that 2.7L torque output is right at or even above the MT torque limit. Given that, are there concerns that this mod could cause problems for MTs if pushed to the limit?
IIRC I think it has more to there being no existing 2.7 manual and therefore the tooling to fit one isn't justified by the expected take rate than with TQ limitations on the manual in the 2.3, although that could also be a factor.

crakerjac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Eco, Sport and Race. Can you give a little more info on each setting? Is Eco the same as stock?

OP
OP
Mitch Panda Motorworks

Mitch Panda Motorworks

Outer Banks
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pandamotorworks.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I liken this to the Jet Performance Stage 2 Power Module that I put in my C5 Vette years ago. It complimented my other bolt on mods, and really gave it a kick in the pants. These things used to be called "Chips", but they have really come a long way since those days. Switching maps and control via app sounds awesome.
Yes, very similar just modernized!

Sponsored

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any difference between AT & MT? Curious about the power draw of the AT vs the MT and which one was used for the posted 2.3l numbers.

OP
OP
Mitch Panda Motorworks

Mitch Panda Motorworks

Outer Banks
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pandamotorworks.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
IIRC I think it has more to there being no existing 2.7 manual and therefore the tooling to fit one isn't justified by the expected take rate than with TQ limitations on the manual in the 2.3, although that could also be a factor.
To our knowledge that is what we know as well. Since their was a 2.3L with a manual (EcoBoost Mustang) it made tooling easier. From what I've heard, their is still a possibility for a 2.7L manual later on down the road!

OP
OP
Mitch Panda Motorworks

Mitch Panda Motorworks

Outer Banks
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pandamotorworks.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Any difference between AT & MT? Curious about the power draw of the AT vs the MT and which one was used for the posted 2.3l numbers.
Our Dyno graph was tested with the AT!
Sponsored