Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey guys!

I just installed the Lobo Off-road Adjustable Tailgate License Plate Mount [forum link to product] and I’m pretty impressed. The fit and finish is pretty good considering it’s a 3D printed part using what Lobo is calling “UV stable filament”, only time will tell if it can handle my extreme Las Vegas sun and temperatures.

The cool part about the bracket is that it’s actually adjustable side to side, so you can make sure the plate is still visible even if your running large 37s. Overall the install went fairly smooth, it is a little laborious because you need to completely take apart the passenger side of your cargo area to slice in the led plate light to a factory harness (not difficult, just time consuming). The bracket mounts directly in place of the oval Ford emblem on the tailgate (never liked that emblem anyways).

You do need to drill 2 holes in that emblem location, one for the mounting bolt and one for wire passage. Drilling into the panel there didn’t bother me as it’s a spot that would normally be covered anyways. I think this will be a great solution to get my license plate higher up and away from the rocks while not getting in the way of taking off my spare tire like most other relocation brackets do. If you have a aftermarket rear bumper that doesn’t have a spot for a license plate this may be a bracket worth checking out.

What are your guys thoughts?

Ford Bronco The perfect Bronco license plate mount? - Lobo Off-Road Adjustable Rear License Plate Mount -- Install DIY Guide & Review E583F7EB-89F5-4F3E-B961-9EB77DF9D0FE

The factory emblem is held in with 2 clips and double sided tape.

Ford Bronco The perfect Bronco license plate mount? - Lobo Off-Road Adjustable Rear License Plate Mount -- Install DIY Guide & Review 629D5D82-510C-42E6-A207-967BE413245C

Use Lobo’s mount as a drill guide. Be sure it’s on with the ears facing the taillight

Ford Bronco The perfect Bronco license plate mount? - Lobo Off-Road Adjustable Rear License Plate Mount -- Install DIY Guide & Review A691C36B-2793-421B-808F-FB885B1A14C4

You’re looking for the larger black connector on the back of the

Ford Bronco The perfect Bronco license plate mount? - Lobo Off-Road Adjustable Rear License Plate Mount -- Install DIY Guide & Review 76550DD0-75A7-4BC5-8F88-99655B96DCF9

Splice into the BLUE wire with the GRAY STRIPE. Then run the extension wire along with the factory wires into the tailgate and to the emblem location

Ford Bronco The perfect Bronco license plate mount? - Lobo Off-Road Adjustable Rear License Plate Mount -- Install DIY Guide & Review 444C9A29-63EC-4805-AC0E-A2454BA860FD
Ford Bronco The perfect Bronco license plate mount? - Lobo Off-Road Adjustable Rear License Plate Mount -- Install DIY Guide & Review A04DF003-9975-4A83-A84E-6D7DC94CE391

Finish the wire job and bolt it in.

Ford Bronco The perfect Bronco license plate mount? - Lobo Off-Road Adjustable Rear License Plate Mount -- Install DIY Guide & Review 1FA8C7B6-3377-4D3D-B96A-C7AE0DB17A16
Ford Bronco The perfect Bronco license plate mount? - Lobo Off-Road Adjustable Rear License Plate Mount -- Install DIY Guide & Review 96CDEDD1-1867-4E8D-A165-8E064FDDC657
Ford Bronco The perfect Bronco license plate mount? - Lobo Off-Road Adjustable Rear License Plate Mount -- Install DIY Guide & Review E3974CEC-3BF6-4984-A76A-13EDE6A62334
Ford Bronco The perfect Bronco license plate mount? - Lobo Off-Road Adjustable Rear License Plate Mount -- Install DIY Guide & Review BAD691D9-5E80-49FF-9A1B-B4222A1627F7
Ford Bronco The perfect Bronco license plate mount? - Lobo Off-Road Adjustable Rear License Plate Mount -- Install DIY Guide & Review F292373D-6C69-4034-A8EA-E7609575950C

There is a YouTube video that shows the full install if curious.
Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting look, not sure I'd be anxious to drill into the vehicle itself just for a license plate bracket, but thanks for posting....always good to see the options.

Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What? Nobody wants to run like this?

Ford Bronco The perfect Bronco license plate mount? - Lobo Off-Road Adjustable Rear License Plate Mount -- Install DIY Guide & Review 1680269640657

Jeff_Bronco

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I liked it up to the point where you had to drill holes in the swing gate. Would you mind taking some night pictures when you get a chance?

OP
OP
Weekends & Waypoints

Weekends & Waypoints

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I liked it up to the point where you had to drill holes in the swing gate. Would you mind taking some night pictures when you get a chance?
Sure! I will get some tonight

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ADD's solution that comes with their Stealth Fighter Rear Bumper is much better. Not sure why they don't sell it stand alone... You would just have to come up with a lighting solution (because they re-purpose the factory light and integrate it into their bumper). No drilling, no taking the Ford badge off, fully reversible.

Ford Bronco The perfect Bronco license plate mount? - Lobo Off-Road Adjustable Rear License Plate Mount -- Install DIY Guide & Review 1680270682383

climb2descend

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
ADD's solution that comes with their Stealth Fighter Rear Bumper is much better. Not sure why they don't sell it stand alone... You would just have to come up with a lighting solution (because they re-purpose the factory light and integrate it into their bumper). No drilling, no taking the Ford badge off, fully reversible.

Ford Bronco The perfect Bronco license plate mount? - Lobo Off-Road Adjustable Rear License Plate Mount -- Install DIY Guide & Review 1680270682383
DV8 seems to make what you want, comes with a light also.

https://dv8offroad.com/collections/...-bronco-rear-license-plate-relocation-bracket

Sponsored

climb2descend

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lobo one I was considering but not feeling it much after seeing the install. One thing I didn't consider until I saw this was the tailgate length basically gets extended so the edge of the license plate could hit something if you aren't careful when opening the tailgate.

OP
OP
Weekends & Waypoints

Weekends & Waypoints

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Cool option. But my idea was to not add anymore weight and I bet thats decently heavy just for a license plate. It not adjustable and Im curious if it rattles or flops on more aggressive driving being that it’s basically hanging way out from the mounting location. I still like that option over mounting to the spare tire though. The lobo option is also totally reversible, just put the badge back on and it covers the new holes.

OP
OP
Weekends & Waypoints

Weekends & Waypoints

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Lobo one I was considering but not feeling it much after seeing the install. One thing I didn't consider until I saw this was the tailgate length basically gets extended so the edge of the license plate could hit something if you aren't careful when opening the tailgate.
It’s adjustable side to side. You could move it all the way in and be pretty much flush if that was a concern

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the Lobo looks much better than both the ADD and DV8. When/if I ever upgrade the bumper I will have to consider it. I look at losing the badge as a plus, it's the only one I couldn't cleanly delete.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs