Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Isnt that still illegal in many states with the tire blocking the view of the license plate?
In the design of this product, I took into consideration that I needed to cater to multiple tire sizes. With that being said, I made it adjustable in order to have a tighter profile, when a consumer has a smaller tire. However be able to move outward when the consumer upgrades to a larger tire and needs the plate to be moved outward to be visible.

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Lobo one I was considering but not feeling it much after seeing the install. One thing I didn't consider until I saw this was the tailgate length basically gets extended so the edge of the license plate could hit something if you aren't careful when opening the tailgate.
Thank you for the consideration. I have attached two images of the mount, displaying the adjustment range.

IMG_4529.jpg

IMG_4530.jpg

FlyTheCourse

Badlands
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great option. Thanks W&W for posting. One more option for me to re-consider. I didn't have this option on the market yet when I choose to go with the rough country spare tire bracket. Like all the options, compromises must be made. I also choose that I didn't want to hide or remove the Ford emblem. Now after having to remove the spare tire a couple of times and dealing with the bracket, taking it off and putting it back on, I am wondering if I made the right compromise?? The trouble I still have with the bracket being down low is when I have my bike rack on, the rack blocks the license plate. It would maybe good to have a side option like the DV8 or ADD but on the top side above the door handle or maybe not?? :unsure: I am not looking forward to the day my tire blows out and I am scrambling in the mud/snow to find the 3/8 wrench and the Allen key to remove the plate, drop then 5 times, etc. :mad: I'll wait this one out, lots more other mods to worry about for now, such as air compressor location. I am looking at your air output setup in the bumper and I want to learn more about what you did there...(y)

Ford Bronco The perfect Bronco license plate mount? - Lobo Off-Road Adjustable Rear License Plate Mount -- Install DIY Guide & Review license
Ford Bronco The perfect Bronco license plate mount? - Lobo Off-Road Adjustable Rear License Plate Mount -- Install DIY Guide & Review Bronco Backside

Sponsored

Bronco Buster Wayne

Outer Banks
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great option. Thanks W&W for posting. One more option for me to re-consider. I didn't have this option on the market yet when I choose to go with the rough country spare tire bracket. Like all the options, compromises must be made. I also choose that I didn't want to hide or remove the Ford emblem. Now after having to remove the spare tire a couple of times and dealing with the bracket, taking it off and putting it back on, I am wondering if I made the right compromise?? The trouble I still have with the bracket being down low is when I have my bike rack on, the rack blocks the license plate. It would maybe good to have a side option like the DV8 or ADD but on the top side above the door handle or maybe not?? :unsure: I am not looking forward to the day my tire blows out and I am scrambling in the mud/snow to find the 3/8 wrench and the Allen key to remove the plate, drop then 5 times, etc. :mad: I'll wait this one out, lots more other mods to worry about for now, such as air compressor location. I am looking at your air output setup in the bumper and I want to learn more about what you did there...(y)

Ford Bronco The perfect Bronco license plate mount? - Lobo Off-Road Adjustable Rear License Plate Mount -- Install DIY Guide & Review Bronco Backside
I kind of liked the Grimm setup for air I saw in an install video yesterday!
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...compressor-underhood-install-diy-video.69855/
Js!

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I liked it up to the point where you had to drill holes in the swing gate. Would you mind taking some night pictures when you get a chance?
yeah - drilling holes in class a sheet metal for a license plate has me out - now matter how much I like the idea of it

Natethegreat1979

Wildtrak
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey guys!

I just installed the Lobo Off-road Adjustable Tailgate License Plate Mount [forum link to product] and I’m pretty impressed. The fit and finish is pretty good considering it’s a 3D printed part using what Lobo is calling “UV stable filament”, only time will tell if it can handle my extreme Las Vegas sun and temperatures.

The cool part about the bracket is that it’s actually adjustable side to side, so you can make sure the plate is still visible even if your running large 37s. Overall the install went fairly smooth, it is a little laborious because you need to completely take apart the passenger side of your cargo area to slice in the led plate light to a factory harness (not difficult, just time consuming). The bracket mounts directly in place of the oval Ford emblem on the tailgate (never liked that emblem anyways).

You do need to drill 2 holes in that emblem location, one for the mounting bolt and one for wire passage. Drilling into the panel there didn’t bother me as it’s a spot that would normally be covered anyways. I think this will be a great solution to get my license plate higher up and away from the rocks while not getting in the way of taking off my spare tire like most other relocation brackets do. If you have a aftermarket rear bumper that doesn’t have a spot for a license plate this may be a bracket worth checking out.

What are your guys thoughts?

The factory emblem is held in with 2 clips and double sided tape.

Use Lobo’s mount as a drill guide. Be sure it’s on with the ears facing the taillight

You’re looking for the larger black connector on the back of the

Splice into the BLUE wire with the GRAY STRIPE. Then run the extension wire along with the factory wires into the tailgate and to the emblem location

Finish the wire job and bolt it in.

There is a YouTube video that shows the full install if curious.
Looks smooth but sorry, NO DRILLING! Did that with my Wrangler, not gonna do it to my Wildtrak.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What am I missing that is the perceived problem with the factory license plate location? Or is this just an issue with aftermarket rear bumpers that didn't design an accommodation for a license plate?

heelyeah

Outer Banks
First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco; 2022 F150 Lightning; 2021 JT (wife's)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What am I missing that is the perceived problem with the factory license plate location? Or is this just an issue with aftermarket rear bumpers that didn't design an accommodation for a license plate?
Just an issue with aftermarket bumpers. I have the ARB rear bumper on mine, which came with a relocation bracket to relocate the license plate to hover behind the spare tire. I'm not a big fan of it. Doesn't look great, and will be really annoying to remove the spare tire now.

Sponsored

Steve62

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have the DV8 FS 15 Series rear bumper with DV8 the license plate mount:

Ford Bronco The perfect Bronco license plate mount? - Lobo Off-Road Adjustable Rear License Plate Mount -- Install DIY Guide & Review Screen Shot 2023-02-15 at 3.36.04 PM

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ADD's solution that comes with their Stealth Fighter Rear Bumper is much better. Not sure why they don't sell it stand alone... You would just have to come up with a lighting solution (because they re-purpose the factory light and integrate it into their bumper). No drilling, no taking the Ford badge off, fully reversible.

Ford Bronco The perfect Bronco license plate mount? - Lobo Off-Road Adjustable Rear License Plate Mount -- Install DIY Guide & Review Screen Shot 2023-02-15 at 3.36.04 PM
That’s what I have.

3A601D7A-9520-4F08-8090-3C11A732FA98.jpeg

petkyy

First Edition
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey guys!

I just installed the Lobo Off-road Adjustable Tailgate License Plate Mount [forum link to product] and I’m pretty impressed. The fit and finish is pretty good considering it’s a 3D printed part using what Lobo is calling “UV stable filament”, only time will tell if it can handle my extreme Las Vegas sun and temperatures.

The cool part about the bracket is that it’s actually adjustable side to side, so you can make sure the plate is still visible even if your running large 37s. Overall the install went fairly smooth, it is a little laborious because you need to completely take apart the passenger side of your cargo area to slice in the led plate light to a factory harness (not difficult, just time consuming). The bracket mounts directly in place of the oval Ford emblem on the tailgate (never liked that emblem anyways).

You do need to drill 2 holes in that emblem location, one for the mounting bolt and one for wire passage. Drilling into the panel there didn’t bother me as it’s a spot that would normally be covered anyways. I think this will be a great solution to get my license plate higher up and away from the rocks while not getting in the way of taking off my spare tire like most other relocation brackets do. If you have a aftermarket rear bumper that doesn’t have a spot for a license plate this may be a bracket worth checking out.

What are your guys thoughts?

Ford Bronco The perfect Bronco license plate mount? - Lobo Off-Road Adjustable Rear License Plate Mount -- Install DIY Guide & Review 3A601D7A-9520-4F08-8090-3C11A732FA98

The factory emblem is held in with 2 clips and double sided tape.

Ford Bronco The perfect Bronco license plate mount? - Lobo Off-Road Adjustable Rear License Plate Mount -- Install DIY Guide & Review 3A601D7A-9520-4F08-8090-3C11A732FA98

Use Lobo’s mount as a drill guide. Be sure it’s on with the ears facing the taillight

You’re looking for the larger black connector on the back of the

Splice into the BLUE wire with the GRAY STRIPE. Then run the extension wire along with the factory wires into the tailgate and to the emblem location

Finish the wire job and bolt it in.

There is a YouTube video that shows the full install if curious.
Who makes that bumper? nice

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just an issue with aftermarket bumpers. I have the ARB rear bumper on mine, which came with a relocation bracket to relocate the license plate to hover behind the spare tire. I'm not a big fan of it. Doesn't look great, and will be really annoying to remove the spare tire now.
I ran across a picture of a Bronco with a plate mounted on the lower tailgate hinge, but I haven't been able to find out who made it...could've been a one-off piece. If you have a tire carrier, you can also mount the plate directly to the swingarm. LoD potentially had a great spot for a plate in the center but it gets blocked by the spare.

Ford Bronco The perfect Bronco license plate mount? - Lobo Off-Road Adjustable Rear License Plate Mount -- Install DIY Guide & Review License plate relocation

Graham1911

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the DV8 and I love it. No drilling. It works for me.
Ford Bronco The perfect Bronco license plate mount? - Lobo Off-Road Adjustable Rear License Plate Mount -- Install DIY Guide & Review Tag 1
Sponsored