Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2013 F-150 4x4/2021 Outer Banks Bronco
Bronco
Outer Banks
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

The original info I have from Ford is, and I have not seen anything to the contrary, you must have a timestamp prior to Sept 18 2021 to get scheduled to be built in 2021. That being said, these customers stating that they just put in an order, were they already a 99 with prior-to 9/18 timestamps and decided to go ahead and place an order? I have not seen where this is against any plans/policies by Ford. True, they just submitted their real order, but, the actual order was priority 99'd back months ago, so they were in the system even though they didn't configure the order.

Now, if there's people with brand new reservations or post 9/18 reservations getting their Broncos, this, I cannot understand nor comment on because that's a Ford policy decision.

As far as those without VINs, yes, from my understanding, you will need to re-order and I have plans in place to 1) notify you of the pending opening of 22 order banks and 2) calling you to get the new configuration/order. As for timing, my gut says Oct 1, but it may be a bit later than that. Again, no real info from Ford, I just know it's going to be in the 4th Quarter.

As for the $1000 - that's "up to" $1000 and that's a reimbursement from Ford. We have to work on the program and make sure that Ford will reimburse for whatever, if anything, we decide to do with that promotion as we're working on a very slim margin.

/john
Have they given you any info on that price protection? I might want to switch to Outer Banks SAS from Wildtrak, but with all the same packages. Any idea if that will mess up my price protection?
Advertisement

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Bronco
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have they given you any info on that price protection? I might want to switch to Outer Banks SAS from Wildtrak, but with all the same packages. Any idea if that will mess up my price protection?
According to Zach at granger, you’re covered as long as you had your reservation or order, don’t remember which, before 3/19.

no price protection on new or unannounced models

Southern Girl

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Outer Banks
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

According to Zach at granger, you’re covered as long as you had your reservation or order, don’t remember which, before 3/19.

no price protection on new or unannounced models
That's not my question, though. Ford specified something like "similarly equipped" so I'm trying to find out what that entails.

Southern Girl

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Outer Banks
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

That’s not my answer

you’re protected across currently available models. But you don’t need to believe me
It's not a question of believing or not believing you. Have a blessed day.

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
some garbo autocross car with no AC
Bronco
Black Diamond
As an update:

Day 1 res - soft top
8/31 vehicle was built
still not shipped for whatever god forsaken reason

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

As an update:

Day 1 res - soft top
8/31 vehicle was built
still not shipped for whatever god forsaken reason
could be the system is behind or they ar waiting on a full truck load of vehicles before they ship. With how things have picked up I anticipate you’ll have it in the next 2 weeks. Wouldn’t be shocked to see it show up in the next day or two either

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram
Bronco
First Edition
Clubs

Curious if anyone in here has picked their Bronco up from Stephens in the past few weeks. Trying to get an idea of how long on average it takes for the vehicle to get built and then delivered to Stephens. The answers on the forums are all over the place considering proximity and delivery method.

We haven't delivered a Bronco to a customer in the past two weeks. Everything is in limbo right now. We have several that are marked as "released" and "produced". I would assume they're having issues with the shipper. Once the Broncos are picked up, they're usually here in 7 hours or so. We do not receive notification at the time of pickup and won't receive advance notice of when they'll be here.

/john

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram
Bronco
First Edition
Clubs

The same info they gave everyone else. Supposedly, no existing packages will have a price increase.

/john

Gyddeup

Outer Banks
First Name
Amiee
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Bronco
Outer Banks
Can I ask why you are thinking of switching from a Wildtrak to the Outerbanks? My original order was for a 2.7 non SAS Outerbanks Lux Leather and tow and after driving a Wildtrak this weekend I loved the interior and was thinking about switching my order to a Wildtrak...

wrbix

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

A question for the folks at Stephens, having read the offer on page one but not the subsequent 153! pages, and now hearing horror stories of ADMs at other dealers: my wife made our reservation within the first 12 or so hours and we placed our order with a NC dealer……2dr, MIC, Badlands, tow - so no VIN or build date yet of course….can our order still be transferred now to Stephens?
We’ve now retired to SW VA.

Thed

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata, '67 F-100, '21 Ducati Streetfighter V4
Bronco
Badlands
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

A question for the folks at Stephens, having read the offer on page one but not the subsequent 153! pages, and now hearing horror stories of ADMs at other dealers: my wife made our reservation within the first 12 or so hours and we placed our order with a NC dealer……2dr, MIC, Badlands, tow - so no VIN or build date yet of course….can our order still be transferred now to Stephens?
We’ve now retired to SW VA.
I'm pretty sure you'd have to just make a new reservation entirely, but there have been a few fringe cases where people have been successful. Most of those were people that had their reservation converted to an order without permission, though.

What dealer in NC? Did you make sure to get the pricing in writing? Being an unscheduled two-door, you still have time to make sure you don't get blindsided.

wrbix

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

I'm pretty sure you'd have to just make a new reservation entirely, but there have been a few fringe cases where people have been successful. Most of those were people that had their reservation converted to an order without permission, though.

What dealer in NC? Did you make sure to get the pricing in writing? Being an unscheduled two-door, you still have time to make sure you don't get blindsided.
Thanks, but…..new reservation? - gotta be joking, as an early reservation now, wouldn’t we move backward in the queue?
Fort Mill Ford, NC, ….just a hand written note on the order, no formal price contract.

Advertisement

Ridergraphix
Advertisement