Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, I contacted my local dealer asking if they would match and they said at this time they won't.

However, they also said this. Is there any truth or are they lying to retain my business?

"This is a small dealership which doesn't sell a large number of vehicles. Therefore allocation will not be enough to cover all reservations. I understand you wish to get the best price available to you. All I can advise is to do your due diligence with this dealership. What is their plan if their reservations exceed their allocations from Ford?"

Stephen's, any comment? What is your allocation and number of reservations?
Sponsored

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So, I contacted my local dealer asking if they would match and they said at this time they won't.

However, they also said this. Is there any truth or are they lying to retain my business?

"This is a small dealership which doesn't sell a large number of vehicles. Therefore allocation will not be enough to cover all reservations. I understand you wish to get the best price available to you. All I can advise is to do your due diligence with this dealership. What is their plan if their reservations exceed their allocations from Ford?"

Sounds like scare tactics. These are not being fulfilled on an allocation basis.

BroncOBX

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.polaris-intel.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150 FX4; Mavic 2 Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Again, we don't anticipated any problems with allocation.

/john
Where did this notion of Stephen's being a "small" dealership come from? I have no insights of the car dealer business but are people falsely assuming a dealership in Coal Country, West Virginia must be small?

Last edited:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like scare tactics. These are not being fulfilled on an allocation basis.
Actually they are. Allocation is based on a different formula than normal with the biggest element (50%) being reservations that turn to orders, but they are being allocated to fulfill orders. The other half of the formula favors big dealers in major markets.

Sponsored

BroncOBX

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.polaris-intel.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150 FX4; Mavic 2 Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Big fan of customer service and salespeople who don't insult you. I dont mind talking my business to them if it means waiting a bit longer. Local guys near me have no incentive to go the "extra mile". Never liked them. When I got my F150 from them I paid cash. They assumed I was going to finance with them but they never asked. I got a great deal and good value on a trade-in and then...they got pissed when I paid cash. Not a great experience.

Last edited:

CWO4

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Big fan of customer service and salespeople who don't insult you. I dont mind talking my business to them if it means waiting a bit longer. Local guys near me have no incentive to go the "extra mile". Never liked them. When I got my F150 from them I paid cash. They assumed I was going to finance with them but they never asked. I get a great deal and good value on a trade-in and then...they got pissed when I paid cash. Not a great experience.
Big fan of customer service and salespeople who don't insult you. I dont mind talking my business to them if it means waiting a bit longer. Local guys near me have no incentive to go the "extra mile". Never liked them. When I got my F150 from them I paid cash. They assumed I was going to finance with them but they never asked. I get a great deal and good value on a trade-in and then...they got pissed when I paid cash. Not a great experience.
I am from Jacksonville NC. My reservation is with Sanders Ford who I have bought 8 vehicles from through the years. Well just spent a few hours with them and even worked my way up to the GM, Sanders Ford is only going to sell at MSRP with a $660 administration fee, end of talk. In some other threads I had defended staying local with a dealer you had a good history with, guess I was wrong. Looking at switching to Stephens in WV or Mullinax Auto Group in FL. MSRP with no dealer mark up IS NOT A DEAL, have never payed MSRP for anything let alone a car.

CWO4

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I heard this from my local dealer today, deal sounds good but are they going to get you your Bronco in the first wave. This is what they are using against us to sell at MSRP plus fees, IMHO our power is the willingness to wait and take the best deal before Jan 31st.

OspreyFE55

Badlands
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Smart ForTwo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am from Jacksonville NC. My reservation is with Sanders Ford who I have bought 8 vehicles from through the years. Well just spent a few hours with them and even worked my way up to the GM, Sanders Ford is only going to sell at MSRP with a $660 administration fee, end of talk. In some other threads I had defended staying local with a dealer you had a good history with, guess I was wrong. Looking at switching to Stephens in WV or Mullinax Auto Group in FL. MSRP with no dealer mark up IS NOT A DEAL, have never payed MSRP for anything let alone a car.
Good ole Jville! Never going to get a deal with anyone in that town! There is another dealer in Louisiana that just announced today that they will be offer the same deal as Stephens / Granger 1k below invoice and offering a lifetime powertrain warranty! That’s better than Mullinax at the moment and I’m sure they are just as close to you than Stephens or Granger. Dealer is Matt Bowers in Metairie, LA.

Sponsored

CWO4

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These are the formulas I have been using to compare plans.
From the B&P my Badlands priced out at $46,262 MSRP, which includes Optons/accessories and destination charges.
Invoice for a base Badlands I got from the chart that has been floating around; so a base Badlands plus Dest Charge = $42,116.
From Granger threads I got the formula to figure invoice of Opt/Acc,
Opt/Acc × .94 = invoice
$2,672 × .94 = $2,512
So:
Invoice for My B&P Badlands is
(Base invoice + Dest Charge) + (invoice for Opt/Acc)
$42,116 + $2,512 = $44,628
Stephens Deal
Invoice - $1,000 + $265 = sale price
$44,628 - $1,000 + 265 = $43,893
Savings over MSRP
$2,369
Remember as Granger said "ballpark but close "

Crowza

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 2 Door, '05 Victory Vegas 8-Ball
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These are the formulas I have been using to compare plans.
From the B&P my Badlands priced out at $46,262 MSRP, which includes Optons/accessories and destination charges.
Invoice for a base Badlands I got from the chart that has been floating around; so a base Badlands plus Dest Charge = $42,116.
From Granger threads I got the formula to figure invoice of Opt/Acc,
Opt/Acc × .94 = invoice
$2,672 × .94 = $2,512
So:
Invoice for My B&P Badlands is
(Base invoice + Dest Charge) + (invoice for Opt/Acc)
$42,116 + $2,512 = $44,628
Stephens Deal
Invoice - $1,000 + $265 = sale price
$44,628 - $1,000 + 265 = $43,893
Savings over MSRP
$2,369
Remember as Granger said "ballpark but close "
Don't forget to add sales tax.

It seems everywhere on this site, I see people calculating the price, but they always forget to account for their state's sales tax. Adding 5%-7% to the price adds thousands of dollars to the final price. Obviously, if you have a trade-in, that will reduce the tax burden, but tax is the single thing I see people not calculate into their final price (including all of the spreadsheets floating around).

I just don't want people to be shocked. Unless I'm missing something about sales tax when it comes to car sales?
Sponsored