Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Could anyone that ordered from Stephens share some insight on the length of time between the blend date and window sticker became available? Also did anyone receive a picture of their Bronco rolling off the line before receiving their Bronco from Stephens? I had a build date of 12/13/21 that was pushed to 12/20/21 and a blend date of 12/22/21. I figure some time before the new year it will be available but I’m getting a little neurotic about checking for the window sticker. Just excited it’s actually being built is all and I am still a very patient person. Thanks to anyone that can share a bit of first hand knowledge.
Sponsored

NotoriousBDP

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WL74 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got my Christmas wish! It’s been built! 😁
EEB1F74C-7C89-42D5-BC47-9D8E4F3D3719.jpeg
Congrats! Always great to see another SAC customer get great news! I'm sure I'm way down the list in terms of build and delivery (late Aug 2020 reservation), but I know it'll come one day! Certainly has given me a lot of time to figure out what exactly I want, to the point that I'm calling John today to switch from a 4dr (which I ordered initially) to what I'd always wanted (a 2 door)!

2DoorForSure

Heritage
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
McLaren, AMG, Porsche
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Never saw a reply from SAC on February scheduling. Did anyone get scheduled for Feb? How many total?

Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never saw a reply from SAC on February scheduling. Did anyone get scheduled for Feb? How many total?
17 were scheduled for first month (December 13-January 17). None have been scheduled past those dates, AFAIK.

Casual Pork

Black Diamond
First Name
Cardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4D Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok, let's get into the nuts and bolts on how I have experienced the production..... and how I think it's done based on real world experience from taking delivery of 84 Broncos in the past year.

Let's use three examples of reservations/orders:

Dealer Order #0101, July 13 reservation: John Jones, Wildtrak, loaded with everything & MIC.
Dealer Order #4322, July 16 reservation: Patty Smith, Badlands, no other frills, soft top.
Dealer Order #8595, July 28 reservation: Pete Johnsons, Base, nothing else added, soft top.

Ford begins the process of letting their computer system pick out what's to be built on Feb 1.

Ford first inputs what supplies (commodities) they'll have available.

The computer program runs through ALL of the reservations/orders that are priority 10-19. This happens in timestamp order from the first to the last.

Order #0101 with a July 13 timestamp at 11:42pm is #7800 of 67800, meaning there's a possible 67800 Broncos eligible to be built, 7799 have timestamps earlier than John Jones. The computer program goes through the list and is able to build 500 Wildtraks based on commodity constraints. There are 1000 Wildtraks with timestamps earlier than John Jones, John Jones will likely NOT be build on this run.

However, because Wildtraks have widget #4345 that is constrained and order #4322 doesn't have widget #4345, then Patty Smith has a chance, as does Pete Johnson with a base.

Rinse and repeat for Patty Smith and Pete Johnson.

However, Patty Smith's Badlands requires widget #4598 and the Base of Pete Johnson does not.

Rinse, Repeat.

Pete Johnson, with no constraints, gets scheduled.

Now, some people get angry at Ford because Pete got selected. Ford cannot build a certain Bronco without certain parts.

The question is, should Ford not build base models (or anything other model for that matter) because Wildtrak and Badlands commodities are constrained?

Of course not. They should build whatever they have parts for.

Does it make us angry that we don't have our Wildtrak or Badlands? Yes. But it's anger that there's no answer for. Ford can't force vendors that are shut down due to covid or further supply chain issues to manufacture something without the part availability.

Some folks get angry because "so and so" at "such and such" dealership took delivery of their "almost identical" Bronco and they have a later reservation date. The "almost" is the kicker and the time period is also the kicker. They may have gotten scheduled to be built during a time that scheduling the other "almost identical" Bronco couldn't be scheduled because of a lack of supplies of some sort of widget.

This entire process is very complex and cannot be simplified with just the few words I used above, let alone single paragraphs of "this and that", a mic-drop and a walk out the door.

Again, we're a society that is used to getting just about anything we want, overnight. That's a thing of the past for now..... until things go back to normal and businesses/factories are able to keep the doors open and the production lines running, in pre-covid ways.

/john
But if your monthly allocations fall into single digits, Pete Johnson may be skipped over.

Bogeybekk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone from Virginia get their paperwork/plates from the WV DMV yet? Just wondering how long it typically takes and how difficult it is to swap the registration over to VA. Thanks!

brettf22

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone from Virginia get their paperwork/plates from the WV DMV yet? Just wondering how long it typically takes and how difficult it is to swap the registration over to VA. Thanks!
I never got anything from the WV DMV. Stephens sent me the title a couple of days after I picked up the car. After that, it’s a simple pdf form to fill out from the VA DMV site. They will let you title it via mail, but I didn’t want to risk that. Made a reservation at a local DMV branch (they now have some walk in dates, but didn’t want to spend all day waiting). Brought in the filled out DMV form, title, bill of sale, and the mileage verification form.

Whole process would have taken about 15 minutes, but I ran across one issue. My bill of sale did not list a zero balance due (even though there was not balance due). There was also no “paid in full” statement on the bill of sale. The VA DMV folks would not let me title it without one of those two things being on the bill of sale. So, I made a quick call to Stephens, who created a new bill of sale saying “paid in full,” signed it, then scanned and emailed it to me. Forwarded this email to the DMV rep, who printed it out, and all was right with the world. Walked out with VA plates.

Sponsored

CoachMP3

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota Tundra / 2016 Toyota SR5 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hokie_98

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW M2, 2019 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

17 were scheduled for first month (December 13-January 17). None have been scheduled past those dates, AFAIK.
Looking for an update here. Is the number still sitting at "17" for 2022's scheduled so far? Curious if any other orders have been scheduled recently. Is there a particular day when orders are being scheduled? (I think it was on Thursdays for the 2021's, but not sure with the 2022's).

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thursdays are when orders are scheduled but another thread before Christmas said there was a 3 week break on scheduling. This was the last week of the break and scheduling would restart next week.

I think we are still at 17 for MY22. The three week break seems to be supported by the fact that no one on the board has posted being scheduled in this time period. Just an observation.

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sure hope I get scheduled next week.
It’ll be lookin at least like Memorial Day deliveries at best if we don’t get lucky soon.
That’s ok, good weather for a drive north to SacVille
Sponsored