Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All true comments. High vs mid, with or without tow package, etc. They will factor in on who gets selected within the SAC list.

I won't go into the issues outside of SAC's control (i.e. vehicles for other dealers being built with same or more constraints but no reservation). That just puts me in a bad mood and makes me want to cancel.
Sponsored

PRA4SNW

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm a 7/14 2:50pm reservation, so have always been on the upper part of the list. I've purposely stayed away from the daily checking so that my BP will not boil over.

So, forgive me for my ignorance, but I have a 2 door on order - are these being built at the same rate as the 4 door? Or is the top holding it back? Not that I would ever switch, just curious if I should just give up any hope of getting one until the model is 3 years old.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm a 7/14 2:50pm reservation, so have always been on the upper part of the list. I've purposely stayed away from the daily checking so that my BP will not boil over.

So, forgive me for my ignorance, but I have a 2 door on order - are these being built at the same rate as the 4 door? Or is the top holding it back? Not that I would ever switch, just curious if I should just give up any hope of getting one until the model is 3 years old.
4 doors are being produced at a higher rate as the MIC top is still a constraint and that's all you can get on the 2 door. Looking at John's original spread sheets, only 3 of the 17 orders scheduled were 2 doors.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it is at least 4-1 4door/2door. On one of the build week threads, someone posted pie charts of all the order metrics for that build week.

PRA4SNW

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

it is at least 4-1 4door/2door. On one of the build week threads, someone posted pie charts of all the order metrics for that build week.
I wonder what the percentage of 2 door orders are to 4 door. I'm guessing around 30 - 35% at most. It would be nice if they could build them at that same rate too. But that MIC top is going to kill that from happening.

Gary, your reservation is close to mine for 2 door models, I dropped Tow with the hope that it would make a difference. We may have a chance to find out.

Sponsored

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder what the percentage of 2 door orders are to 4 door. I'm guessing around 30 - 35% at most. It would be nice if they could build them at that same rate too. But that MIC top is going to kill that from happening.

Gary, your reservation is close to mine for 2 door models, I dropped Tow with the hope that it would make a difference. We may have a chance to find out.
Okay so I am going from memory and haven't searched for particular threads so take this with a grain of salt. I believe that the original orders were 60% to 40% 4 door to two door. Recent deliveries show that they are building about 75% to 25 % four doors to two doors. Again I am just responding based on what I believe I have read over the past year and a half on here. So there is definitely an increased percentage of four doors produced over what was initially ordered. Everyone at this point knows to order a basic four door soft top to get a build and explains the increase in percentage of four door production. MIC top has to be the reason.

I am close to both of you at a 7/14 @1600 reservation. Badlands two door. I am getting discouraged but will still hold onto my order at SAC.

maximus3686

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have been internally debating switching to the 2.3 I4 from the V6, mainly due to everyone saying the 2.3 is more than adequate, and the mounting 2.7 problems listed here https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ail-list-28-so-far-jan-19-update.31951/unread

What does everyone think? The most powerful engine I've ever owned was the 3.0 DOHC 24 valve V6 years ago in a 1999 Mercury Sable, and current drive an anemic 2.0 Impreza. I am used to weak performance, probably won't miss the power, and my 2 door non sasquatch Big Bend is one of the lightest Broncos.

This will be my daily driver and only vehicle. Probably driving 10,000 miles a year. Do I save $1800 now and maybe just spend $1000 in 5 years on walnut blasting the intake if needed? Run nothing but top tier premium fuel to prevent as much carbon as possible? Hell, maybe by then I will trade it in for a hybrid or possibly plug in hybrid if available.

I might even move up if V6 issues are causing a constraint for that engine although a 2 door in the ~140s in priority order probably won't move much lol.

Actually just typing this out kinda has cemented my decision to make the change, just need to pull the trigger. I guess I'm just looking to start a conversation and keep the thread moving along. I'm addicted to seeing the little notification bell light up on this damn website.

Peter Gosenya

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been internally debating switching to the 2.3 I4 from the V6, mainly due to everyone saying the 2.3 is more than adequate, and the mounting 2.7 problems listed here https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ail-list-28-so-far-jan-19-update.31951/unread

What does everyone think? The most powerful engine I've ever owned was the 3.0 DOHC 24 valve V6 years ago in a 1999 Mercury Sable, and current drive an anemic 2.0 Impreza. I am used to weak performance, probably won't miss the power, and my 2 door non sasquatch Big Bend is one of the lightest Broncos.

This will be my daily driver and only vehicle. Probably driving 10,000 miles a year. Do I save $1800 now and maybe just spend $1000 in 5 years on walnut blasting the intake if needed? Run nothing but top tier premium fuel to prevent as much carbon as possible? Hell, maybe by then I will trade it in for a hybrid or possibly plug in hybrid if available.

I might even move up if V6 issues are causing a constraint for that engine although a 2 door in the ~140s in priority order probably won't move much lol.

Actually just typing this out kinda has cemented my decision to make the change, just need to pull the trigger. I guess I'm just looking to start a conversation and keep the thread moving along. I'm addicted to seeing the little notification bell light up on this damn website.
The i4 may have dual injection so the carbon should not be a concern if not just install a catch can something you should do anyway.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I cant tell you what to get. Im getting the 4 cylinder because its the only option compatible with the manual transmission. If i could get the v6, i would. especially since im getting the heaviest trim with sasquatch package. its a lot of weight for the little 4 cylinder to move around. I want this thing to last as long as a toyota. i hate to think i am overworking the engine into an earlier grave(junk)yard

The i4 may have dual injection so the carbon should not be a concern if not just install a catch can something you should do anyway.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think the 2.3 will be great for non-SAS broncos, even 4 doors. I'm getting one on my 2 door and cannot wait to see how much fun it's going to be. I own a 2019 F150 SuperCrew with HD Towing PKG and moonroof (heavier frame, more weight) and my 3.5 Ecoboost makes me think I'm driving a 5.0 mustang. My point it that Ford has done a lot of work and honed in on the TT engines and I think the 2.3 is going to be more than fine for both 2 and 4 door non-Sas. Plus, I had to have a manual, there's no way I'm givin that up.

Sponsored

RedHotLava

Badlands
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been internally debating switching to the....
I guess I'm just looking to start a conversation and keep the thread moving along.
Then please start another thread, this ain't it. This conversation is moving along as it moves along with updates for the SAC Plan & Offer.

Thank you.

maximus3686

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

K

mcashin1

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Today is scheduling for all March weeks. Any news?
Nothing yet. John said there were only 6 previewing the other day--but we're all hoping more than that get picked up.
Sponsored