Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the red? Including the portion mailed from Ford?
The price on the Dora minus the below invoice deal is approximately $1950 less than what was on my purchase agreement when I picked my Bronco up. I just picked mine up on the 16th and I have not received any PP check from anyone. I believe the price protection will be coming at a later date.
Sponsored

Kludge

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was told by Jeremy that my 1st cert was deducted on the bill of sale, which it was, and the 2nd may come in from Ford directly to me or to SAC to which they would send out a check. He said it has happened both ways on Broncos sold and they have no way of knowing which way Ford is going to do it. Honestly, I hope to get more back, I still am very happy with the overall dealā€¦under invoice as they pledgedā€¦.The difference invoice is all on Ford and I fully anticipate SAC is doing the right thing with any price protection money available.
How long ago did you buy the bronco? I'm past 45 days so I'm curious how long you've been "waiting"

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is the price protection details posted by BN Staff over on that forum.
https://thebronconation.com/forums/threads/ford-pricing-protection-and-information-for-my22-5.10477/

2022 MY Pricing for Customers Who Placed a Reservation or an Order Prior to March 19, 2021
What does price protection mean?

Ford will honor 2021 MY MSRP pricing if you had a reservation or order as of March 19, 2021. Your dealer will be issued a certificate for a similarly equipped vehicle that covers the pricing difference from 2021 MY to 2022 MY for the selected series and door configuration you reserved or ordered as of October 1, 2021. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.

In order for you to receive this price protection, your dealership will need to search for and apply the certificate at the time you take delivery of your Bronco. You will not receive an email with the discount certificate. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.
What are the new 2022 MY MSRP price protection amounts for customers who placed an order prior to March 19, 2021?

Bronco two-doorBronco four-door
Base$2,300$1,500
Big Bend$1,900$1,500
Black Diamondā„¢$2,475$2,075
Outer Banksā„¢$1,900$1,500
Wildtrak$2,800$2,445
Badlands$2,975$2,575

Last edited:

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Waiting on $1750 from price protection part 2 and was told that would be coming from Ford in 30-45 days. I got price protection 1 which was $825 at time of sale. I closed on my Bronco last Monday.

I'm sure something will get sorted out and there are quite a few of us that are waiting on a significant amount. I really wish Ford would have treated price protection 2 just like the 1st one and deducted the price at time of sale but it is what it is.

Sponsored

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, I'm sitting at #7 on the 2022 unscheduled list.

But I'm waiting on a VIN for a 2 door Badlands.

Hmm.

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I got the first PP as a deduction on the contract, the second larger amount is to be coming. I'll post up if/when it comes for sure. Waiting for my tax check too.

Has anyone received the full price protection? I purchased my bronco from Stephens on June 8th and was supposed to have received price protection in the amount of $2,300. On June 21st I got a check from Ford for $800. I still haven't seen the remaining $1,500.

When I called Ford they told me it was between me and the dealer and that they would be sending the $1,500. I've tried to get information from Stephens but they've gone silent in recent weeks which has concerned I might be out of luck.

If you haven't already purchased I'd suggest making 100% sure the price protection process is agreed upon before you take delivery.

If anyone has had similar issues or did get the full price protection I'd be interested to hear your stories.
The concensus so far is everyone received pp from SAC that they were supposed, at the time of signing. When/what did you order, when did you order it? I ask because I don't see your name on the order tracking spreadsheet. It also looks like someone messed upthe form again by improperly messing with filters. I went from #9 back down to 35 somehow

Edit - I was wrong. And somebody fixed the spreadsheet -ty
Waiting on $1750 from price protection part 2 and was told that would be coming from Ford in 30-45 days. I got price protection 1 which was $825 at time of sale. I closed on my Bronco last Monday.

I'm sure something will get sorted out and there are quite a few of us that are waiting on a significant amount. I really wish Ford would have treated price protection 2 just like the 1st one and deducted the price at time of sale but it is what it is.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From Granger Update.
for the full amount (people that reserved or placed an order prior to March 19, 2021.

Dealer message: 2021 to 2022 (J1) pricing is loaded into Smart Vincent as a private offer amount paid directly to the customer (Program 38406). Adjustment from mid-year pricing (J2 to J1) is generated automatically and paid to the dealerā€™s payment statement after the dealer records the sale in smart Vincent (system will produce a price protected adjustment amount once it verifies that the customer who bought the vehicle matches the customer who placed the order). You can expect that payment 30-45 days after the sale.

@MNbronco picked theirs up yesterday and got the full amount at time of signing. I dont know what Granger did exactly but i assume they accepted the 45 day hit so they wouldnt have to chase down old customers with rebate checks from Ford.

Did you get the full price protection amount? ($2445 for 4 door wildtrack if your reservation/order was before March 19, 2021)
yes, they applied the 6xx.00 one as well, no waiting.

Parrett

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whatā€™s the chances my reservation will be picked up for production MY 23? Reservation Aug 16, 2021
July 14th, 9PM Reservation sitting at 27 on "The Spreadsheet" with no hope in sight. I'm really getting sick of everyone asking me when my Bronco is coming. It went from being funny a year ago to now I'm the butt of a horrible joke, which this whole process is a f'ing joke. It sucks watching all these people driving around MA in Broncos. I asked this one 20 something when he put in his reservation and he told me he didn't, his uncle knew a guy at the dealership and was able to "finagle" him one. Thanks FORD.

shnider10

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

July 14th, 9PM Reservation sitting at 27 on "The Spreadsheet" with no hope in sight. I'm really getting sick of everyone asking me when my Bronco is coming. It went from being funny a year ago to now I'm the butt of a horrible joke, which this whole process is a f'ing joke. It sucks watching all these people driving around MA in Broncos. I asked this one 20 something when he put in his reservation and he told me he didn't, his uncle knew a guy at the dealership and was able to "finagle" him one. Thanks FORD.
Would we be better off to switch dealers? Ford not honoring time stamps and relying heavily on dealer allocations really hurt customers.

Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What did he get? Its a lot easier to get a Base, Big Bend or Outer Banks then it is a Wildtrack or Badlands. It took me 8 months for my second order of a Big Bend because of constraints (MIC, mod bumper, 2.7L, etc) but I bet if I went for the 2.3 and a soft top I'd would have had it in half the time or less.

long_road

Big Bend
First Name
TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202? 4dr CG Big Bend 2.3 7MT (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm a July 23, 2020 Reservation w/ a 4dr soft top Big Bend 2.3 manual with very few options. Still 80-something down the list at SAC.

I know constraints matter, but they matter a lot less than the allocation does. Reality is, if we want to see our Bronco sooner, then we should place a new order when the 2023 order banks open with a high-volume dealer (I'm not planning to do that).

A year ago, I think those of us stuck in allocation-hell had a valid gripe. At this point, though, we know the deal. If we're not willing to wait it out, we can go pay MSRP+ at a dealer with better allocation and get built sooner.

Me, I don't really care much anymore. I, too, am the butt of a joke amongst friends and family. "Whatever happened to you getting a Bronco? It's all you talked about for a year!" Sigh...

If my Bronco ever gets built, I'll probably buy it. But who knows... a lot can change over the course of another year or two. Based on this year's numbers, SAC got what... maybe 50 Broncos? So, if that stays the same, I'd be lucky to get a 2024 model.

Oh well. It is what it is.

Parrett

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What did he get? Its a lot easier to get a Base, Big Bend or Outer Banks then it is a Wildtrack or Badlands. It took me 8 months for my second order of a Big Bend because of constraints (MIC, mod bumper, 2.7L, etc) but I bet if I went for the 2.3 and a soft top I'd would have had it in half the time or less.
It was almost the same exact Badlands build as mine that's why I talked to him about it. I canceled the tow package on the advice of John at SAC, but he had one. Same vinyl seats, hard top, engine, lux package except his was Cyber Orange, mine is white. That's just another reason to feel so much disgust for this whole process.

eander

Big Bend
First Name
Erica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm a July 23, 2020 Reservation w/ a 4dr soft top Big Bend 2.3 manual with very few options. Still 80-something down the list at SAC.

I know constraints matter, but they matter a lot less than the allocation does. Reality is, if we want to see our Bronco sooner, then we should place a new order when the 2023 order banks open with a high-volume dealer (I'm not planning to do that).

A year ago, I think those of us stuck in allocation-hell had a valid gripe. At this point, though, we know the deal. If we're not willing to wait it out, we can go pay MSRP+ at a dealer with better allocation and get built sooner.
Can confirm dealer allocation is a much bigger constraint than the actual supply chain constraints at this time. I have a 7/26/20 reservation at SAC that was converted to order for a Big Bend 2.3L 7MT with MIC, minimal options. Found a local high-volume dealer that was willing to do sticker, and placed an identical order this Feb prior to the order banks closing to see which would come sooner. I took delivery on it this past Saturday. Planning to keep my SAC reservation and potentially level up to a Badlands or share the Bronco wealth with my dad.

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did they get a bronco for $1,000 under invoice like you are trying to do?
Sponsored