First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did they get a bronco for $1,000 under invoice like you are trying to do?
If I would have known that I wouldn’t have my Bronco until mid-2023, if I’m lucky, I would have gladly paid $1k OVER MSRP like he did.
Sponsored

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can confirm dealer allocation is a much bigger constraint than the actual supply chain constraints at this time. I have a 7/26/20 reservation at SAC that was converted to order for a Big Bend 2.3L 7MT with MIC, minimal options. Found a local high-volume dealer that was willing to do sticker, and placed an identical order this Feb prior to the order banks closing to see which would come sooner. I took delivery on it this past Saturday. Planning to keep my SAC reservation and potentially level up to a Badlands or share the Bronco wealth with my dad.
Agreed, supply chain constraints are why I got mine as soon as I did in the SAC group, if I had a BL or Sasquatch ordered I would not have my Bronc. But if allocation was better I could have had it sooner and everyone else too :confused:

tallboy33

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
July 14th, 9PM Reservation sitting at 27 on "The Spreadsheet" with no hope in sight. I'm really getting sick of everyone asking me when my Bronco is coming. It went from being funny a year ago to now I'm the butt of a horrible joke, which this whole process is a f'ing joke. It sucks watching all these people driving around MA in Broncos. I asked this one 20 something when he put in his reservation and he told me he didn't, his uncle knew a guy at the dealership and was able to "finagle" him one. Thanks FORD.
Exact same here sitting at 20. They have built over 100k bronco's but first day reservations are still waiting? Obviously Ford gave a middle finger to a reservation holder getting a deal and rewarded the a-hole dealers with Bronco's they could sell for huge markup. All this constraint bullshit is just that... Bullshit. I guarantee that if they would have built in order like promised, I would have got mine long ago. I don't even care anymore, I'll decide what to do if it ever happens. Only thing keeping me is price protection.

long_road

Big Bend
First Name
TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202? 4dr CG Big Bend 2.3 7MT (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Pretty sure I've said this before... but just to clarify, any/all of my "whining" in this thread is directed solely at Ford. I have nothing but appreciation for SAC.

There are what, 200ish of us that were 2020 reservations that are stuck in limbo at Stephens? Ford could so easily just say, "Yeah, okay... those guys have waited long enough," and schedule all the early reservations in the last production cycle of the year. In the grand scheme of things, it'd be a blip compared to overall production numbers. Would some other dealers complain? Of course. And then five minutes later it'd be over with.

Will Ford do that? Of course not... Sigh.

Last edited:

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At this point I want to hang tight on the SAC list just for the embarrassment it'll cause Ford when they are still fulfilling week 1 Bronco reservations at SAC in 2035 when humans are living on Mars and everyone has a flying car.

Sponsored

Bronck

Base
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is Ford doing this on purpose? Maybe trying to wear us down so they don’t have to pony up the price protection.

long_road

Big Bend
First Name
TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is Ford doing this on purpose? Maybe trying to wear us down so they don’t have to pony up the price protection.
I doubt anyone at Ford has thought about it that hard. I'm sure a handful of big market dealers complained right at the start because they realized dealers like SAC and Granger were getting tons of reservations. So Ford said, "Oh, no problem. We'll just create an allocation formula based on sales volume..." and then never gave it another thought.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am sitting at #23 on the list. I went from being within the original allocation for 2021 to being on the outside looking in. With each month that has passed this year I engaged with this forum less and less. I am no longer excited to see what accessories are available or what people have done to their Broncos. I don't want to look at the schedule threads because I see people getting my build with much later reservations.

We got taken for a ride. A bait and switch with the reservation system and pick whatever dealer you want. Ford profited off the publicity of the large numbers of reservations. They used it to their advantage and dumped it under pressure from dealers.

I am trying not to be too bitter. Hope has kept me from getting too upset but I am losing hope. I am set to retire in February. I had hoped to have a full year of payments made before then but that obviously won't happen. I will wait to see if Ford does try and build the early reservation units when they schedule the final builds. I won't be waiting for a 2023. I need to make a vehicle decision by the end of the year.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford could build every single SAC order bronco in the same day, and still be able to make another 100-200. There have been 422 days since the 6th G bronco has gone into full production. Ford has given SAC approximately 2.37x10^-4 % of its production capability. Anybody want to start a petition to increase that to 1/365 % to clear the SAC backlog?

mjohnso3

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I understand the majority of the blame or all rather falls on Ford Motor Co. But no need to rehash what’s been repeated countless times on how they handled this launch. As for SAC I hear all good things and grateful but I am not certain they were expecting FoMoCo to allocate them such a low and unreasonable number of Broncos for a given year. This leads me to my next point.

Not only is FoMoCo 100% responsible for the handling of this they also have made it almost if not impossible to switch dealers. Ford is w/out question limiting the number of allocations to SAC on purpose. I have a strong suspicion that I will not make it within the allocations for the 23 model year either. The right thing for Ford to do is to at least allow those outside of the allocation formula for a given dealer to change dealerships, but because that would be the actual and correct thing to do, Ford won’t do it. So I will have to put pressure on SAC who will hopefully put pressure on Ford to allow me and others if they so choose to move our reservation to another dealership ( at least for those of us that won’t fall within the allocation ). But we will see ..

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's just absurd that people who reserved in the first few hours still don't have their Broncos yet.

I will say this about SAC though, it might be a 10 hour drive and maybe an overnight stay or two at a hotel but they 100% will get my business on my next vehicle purchase. When Ford screwed over their allocation they could have easily told us all to piss up a rope and said "MSRP, take it or leave it" but they didn't. This is 100% integrity which we've seen lacking from countless other dealers. Heck, I was even told nonstop at work for 1.5 years that I would get screwed by them when it came time to pick it up and I knew that wouldn't happen. There are also a couple other things John mentioned on the ride from Yeager that struck a cord with me and the integrity that SAC shows.

I am 100% a SAC customer for life and I implore anybody that's stuck waiting to just be patient. I know the wait sucks, took 2 years for mine to show. I'm not even going to hit you all with the cliche "worth the wait" stuff because we all know by now what's up.

Last edited:

long_road

Big Bend
First Name
TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Agreed. I'd buy all my cars from Stephens if I could. I wish they were a Toyota dealer... I've been contemplating going the Tacoma route and giving up on the Bronco. Wish I could buy one from SAC... ha.

Peter Gosenya

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How many Broncos has SAC delivered this year? How many last year?

Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Bronco XLT 5Spd, 2002 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Ford could build every single SAC order bronco in the same day, and still be able to make another 100-200.
This. They could build each reservation holder's bronco in a day for SAC and Granger and be done with it. Then be VERY clear going forward that your pricing won't dictate allocation for reservation holders. If they don't fulfill all reservation holders (reservation orders, special editions, raptor, etc) by the end of MY23 it would be rediculous regardless of dealer. For MY23 they should only open order banks to reservation holders and current orders to purge existing customers. There is no need for any more orders. Even high allocated dealers have plenty of orders still unfulfilled.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's just absurd that people who reserved in the first few hours still don't have their Broncos yet.

I will say this about SAC though, it might be a 10 hour drive and maybe an overnight stay or two at a hotel but they 100% will get my business on my next vehicle purchase. When Ford screwed over their allocation they could have easily told us all to piss up a rope and said "MSRP, take it or leave it" but they didn't. This is 100% integrity which we've seen lacking from countless other dealers. Heck, I was even told nonstop at work for 1.5 years that I would get screwed by them when it came time to pick it up and I knew that wouldn't happen. There are also a couple other things John mentioned on the ride from Yeager that struck a cord with me and the integrity that SAC shows.

I am 100% a SAC customer for life and I implore anybody that's stuck waiting to just be patient. I know the wait sucks, took 2 years for mine to show. I'm not even going to hit you all with the cliche "worth the wait" stuff because we all know by now what's up.
Yep! And if you get tired of waiting on Ford's sorry ass you can get a Wrangler or a TRX there as well 🍻
Sponsored