Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Until the rubber meets the road with allocations at smaller dealerships, we're all screwed next year. Seriously.

John's rep told him they will build whatever they can in 2022 if parts are available. That was not true. Even though supply chain was still an issue for some builds (as evidenced by parking lots of Broncos waiting), they still managed to deliver over 100K Broncos so far... Just not many at all to small to medium size dealerships :(.
I don't think John's rep was wrong, I do think Ford built what they could. I just think John's rep should have added, 'but that doesn't change the fact that Ford changed the allocation game, so your customers are still screwed.' When Ford changed the allocation formula, I knew my order wouldn't see the light of day until late 23 or 24. I put in a walkin order this January for my same build at a small local dealer and it's now scheduled.
Sponsored

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On the plus side, the longer Ford kicks Granger/SAC orders down the road, the more money they lose (price protection and rising production costs squeezing them on both ends). So at least they have skin in the game.

But knowing Ford, their solution to that problem will be to eliminate price protection "For just a few small dealers offering big discounts", rather than just building our Broncos.

Our other consolation prize will be the modular/painted tops for 2023, hopefully.

tallboy33

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seeing so many in the October build thread get their vehicles in production with so many later reservation dates than the rest of us really makes that few thousand in under-invoice savings seem negligible. The recent scheduling (or lack of scheduling) for our orders really hit me today that i dont even know if we'll get trucks before next summer...and that's ridiculous.

No hard feelings to Stephens, they did what they could, but can't help but regret not switching to a larger dealer to actually have a vehicle.
Only thing keeping me is price protection. I wish every reserva
On the plus side, the longer Ford kicks Granger/SAC orders down the road, the more money they lose (price protection and rising production costs squeezing them on both ends). So at least they have skin in the game.

But knowing Ford, their solution to that problem will be to eliminate price protection "For just a few small dealers offering big discounts", rather than just building our Broncos.

Our other consolation prize will be the modular/painted tops for 2023, hopefully.
Price protection is the only thing left keeping me. Ford already destroyed the dream. It will just be another outdated design by the time it happens.
I'm going to assume Stephens got Zero scheduled today.

JPNBronco

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it's a little concerning isn't it?! Starting to feel like I will never get my Wildtrak...Just had to put a new transmission in the truck I was hoping to be able to be finished with by now.....
I’ve already had to replace my Jeep after it died. So I feel ya

Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Bronco XLT 5Spd, 2002 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I don't think John's rep was wrong, I do think Ford built what they could. I just think John's rep should have added, 'but that doesn't change the fact that Ford changed the allocation game, so your customers are still screwed.' When Ford changed the allocation formula, I knew my order wouldn't see the light of day until late 23 or 24. I put in a walkin order this January for my same build at a small local dealer and it's now scheduled.
I see you are in South Carolina. I'm in the Fort Mill/Indian Land area. What small local dealer did you use in case you are located somewhat near me? Dealers in the Charlotte area have markups.

Sponsored

bbmertz

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I see you are in South Carolina. I'm in the Fort Mill/Indian Land area. What small local dealer did you use in case you are located somewhat near me? Dealers in the Charlotte area have markups.
I recently inquired about placing a new 2023 OBX order at Mark Ficken Ford in south Charlotte (about 13 miles north of Ft. Mill) and the dealer said that they sell Bronco orders at MSRP.

Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I recently inquired about placing a new 2023 OBX order at Mark Ficken Ford in south Charlotte (about 13 miles north of Ft. Mill) and the dealer said that they sell Bronco orders at MSRP.
Interesting. There website shows $15k markups on their Broncos in inventory. I know exactly where they are because thats the first place i actually saw a Bronco in person. They had a cyber orange badlands and a cactus gray wildtrak. Mannequins I believe since this was 2021. If I go another year and lose price protection I will start shopping around again. Thanks.

bbmertz

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Interesting. There website shows $15k markups on their Broncos in inventory. I know exactly where they are because thats the first place i actually saw a Bronco in person. They had a cyber orange badlands and a cactus gray wildtrak. Mannequins I believe since this was 2021. If I go another year and lose price protection I will start shopping around again. Thanks.
Yeah, it looks like Broncos in inventory at most Charlotte area dealers are selling at $15K over MSRP, however many will sell custom orders at MSRP. Regardless, I would get it in writing via a purchase agreement to avoid nasty surprises when taking delivery.

Falcon01

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R35 GTR, Chevy Bolt, Saab 9-3 Aero 6spd
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Fantastic news! I got an allocation and was scheduled for production...with Porsche for a 911. Never thought I would wait longer for 2 fucking fords (Bronco ordered 11/2020, Maverick ordered 10/2021) than a Porsche that's built in Germany. I only put my name on the list for an allocation with Porsche in the spring - maybe February or March. They have a much better system IMO. You can't submit an order until there's an allocation. You're just a name on a list with your dealer until that time. I don't think it's physically possible for Ford to build and ship any of my orders before my 911 arrives in late December/early January.

Sponsored

long_road

Big Bend
First Name
TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202? 4dr CG Big Bend 2.3 7MT (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I bought a used Jeep Wrangler from Mark Ficken back in January. It was one of the best, easiest, most honest car-buying experiences I've had. I asked them at that time about Bronco orders. They weren't able to take new orders then, but the sales guy told me they were honoring MSRP. My "plan" was to place a new order with them when the 2023 banks opened up, just in case that ended up getting built sooner than my order with SAC (sorry, SAC!). But now that Ford has put the kibosh on new orders... those of us in "allocation hell" are even more screwed.

Anyway, I'm up in Concord. I'd called around to all the Charlotte dealers when reservations first opened and none would commit to MSRP. So that's how I ended up with SAC. Seems like Mark Ficken might be a decent one in our area to use.

Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I bought a used Jeep Wrangler from Mark Ficken back in January. It was one of the best, easiest, most honest car-buying experiences I've had. I asked them at that time about Bronco orders. They weren't able to take new orders then, but the sales guy told me they were honoring MSRP. My "plan" was to place a new order with them when the 2023 banks opened up, just in case that ended up getting built sooner than my order with SAC (sorry, SAC!). But now that Ford has put the kibosh on new orders... those of us in "allocation hell" are even more screwed.

Anyway, I'm up in Concord. I'd called around to all the Charlotte dealers when reservations first opened and none would commit to MSRP. So that's how I ended up with SAC. Seems like Mark Ficken might be a decent one in our area to use.
Thanks for the feedback. I also couldn't get anyone to commit to pricing thats also how i ended up at SAC. I was originally at Fort Mill Ford. I hope the upcoming COVP program solves some of the allocation issues, but most people at SAC are enthusiasts and are willing to wait. I don't expect many cancelled or fake orders that will shorten the list. I hope I'm wrong. The SAC list is about to get longer as all the 99s come out of hibernation for the mod top, last year of price protection, Heritage, etc. I hope Ford honors its reservation holders, but...

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Studying the very helpful Google Doc, it appears that since the mass scheduling in late April, there was a single unit reported as scheduled on May 10.

No other reports of scheduled units since May 10, which aligns with the history of this thread, as well.

Skeletor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Whip
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Studying the very helpful Google Doc, it appears that since the mass scheduling in late April, there was a single unit reported as scheduled on May 10.

No other reports of scheduled units since May 10, which aligns with the history of this thread, as well.

It's wild that Ford would do that to customers trying to buy their product.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company tagging you in the hopes that you can bring visibility of our scheduling plight to the decision makers. 300+ unscheduled orders with reservations going back 25+months with less than 5 units scheduled per month since May. Please help us.

*edited since John verified how many builds have been scheduled since May*
Sponsored

Last edited: