NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Ford Motor Company tagging you in the hopes that you can bring visibility of our scheduling plight to the decision makers. 300+ unscheduled orders with reservations going back 25+months with less than a single scheduled unit per month since May. Please help us.
They won’t do shit unless you provide them with your VIN number.
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's so brutal. Ford gets our hopes up by sending out that statement saying they're not taking new retail orders for 2023 so they can "focus on delivering early reservations", then they schedule zero early reservations for the remainder of the 2022 run because of their bs allocation. Sigh...
I haven't been paying much attention to the situation lately having lost interest, but when I heard of some comments indicating the hold and focus on reservations, I thought that was highly suspect and questioned if legit. Due to the allocation factor etc.

You've got to question if this merits your participation. With the delays, big spenders jumping line, flippers and all ... is it something you want to be involved with?

I mean, as an F stock holder, I say buy, lol. But honestly I think this is something to move on from.

tallboy33

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You've got to question if this merits your participation. With the delays, big spenders jumping line, flippers and all ... is it something you want to be involved with?

I mean, as an F stock holder, I say buy, lol. But honestly I think this is something to move on from.
Many people bought Ford stock in the beginning hoping it would help them get X-Plan. That carpet was ripped out early on as well. Lot's of the abuse has been forgotten over time. It really is an abusive relationship. The actions speak louder than the words but in the end some really are dedicated to Ford.

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@Ford Motor Company tagging you in the hopes that you can bring visibility of our scheduling plight to the decision makers. 300+ unscheduled orders with reservations going back 25+months with less than a single scheduled unit per month since May. Please help us.
I took a few months off of bronco6g due to frustration with delays but if this is true, what a horrible way to screw early reservation holders and SAC. Is the only way for us to get a build date to now have to switch dealers? I thought that wasn’t even allowed any more.

BigRed

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I took a few months off of bronco6g due to frustration with delays but if this is true, what a horrible way to screw early reservation holders and SAC. Is the only way for us to get a build date to now have to switch dealers? I thought that wasn’t even allowed any more.
There really never was a way to "Switch Dealers" even back when Ford supposedly allowed it. Many people tried and very few reservation holders actually were able to switch dealers. You called Ford Customer Service and they said: No Problem and then the switch to another Dealer of your choice Never Happened.

Sponsored

Bronck

Base
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
There really never was a way to "Switch Dealers" even back when Ford supposedly allowed it. Many people tried and very few reservation holders actually were able to switch dealers. You called Ford Customer Service and they said: No Problem and then the switch to another Dealer of your choice Never Happened.
But most of us switched to Stephen’s from our original dealer🤷

BigRed

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I made my original order at Stephens. Several people tried to switch their original order to a closer Dealer to avoid what will likely be a 4 year wait for some.
Not many were successful due to Ford Customer Service promising it would occur and didn't. I think this issue occurred just before the "Price Guarantee" was announced. My local dealer couldn't get my order moved to them even with the intervention their local Ford Zone Representative.
I would move in a "Heart Beat" if I could! Stephens is a Great Dealership and all this CF is not their fault.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I made my original order with Simmons Rockwell in Bath NY. They wouldn't sign a price agreement, not even for msrp. They said no one was gonna sell it for msrp. I told him about SACs offer and he got aggressive/ arrogantly dismissive and said I was full of shit. Texted him a link to Steven's offer page while I was on the phone. He got quite, then said it was impossible/ fake. Wish I could have seen his face or heard his reaction when he got the email/ call from Ford to reimburse the $100 deposit and that I transferred to SAC. Of course, at the time, I also believed I would be the first one in my small town to have a bronco considering I reserved less than 12 hours after reveal and Ford promised to build reservations before stock, based on timestamp. You can't transfer twice. The cost of canceling and re ordering somewhere else is going to be over $6k worth of price protection and SACs offer, while also having to wait til 2023 to place that order, and get in the "back"of line with everyone else. What a nightmare that would be. If forced into that situation, as the head of my growing family, we would never buy a Ford again, new or used. My kids probably won't either

Edited to add that I called 4 other Ford dealers in a 150 radius and none of those would sign a purchase agreement either, regardless of +/- msrp. I'm very glad SAC sells more than just Fords.

Last edited:

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It’s really unfortunate Ford screwed SAC and now all of us by rigging the allocation model to serve the high volume dealers, not the early (and at the time, smart) reservation holders who took the best offer. Would have never believed in July 2020 I’d be going into 2023 still having no idea if I’ll be getting a 2023 or a 2024 model year bronco.

But, we’re all still here for now. Fingers crossed some get a vin this week.

Sponsored

long_road

Big Bend
First Name
TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202? 4dr CG Big Bend 2.3 7MT (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm no Ford loyalist. The only reason I'm still on board for a Bronco is because it's the only vehicle that "checks all my boxes". If I could fit safely & comfortably in a JL Wrangler, the Bronco would be meaningless to me.

But, as it is, the Bronco is the only 4x4 with a manual trans that a 6'6" dude can buy new in '22('23) without banging his head on a sport bar...

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm no Ford loyalist. The only reason I'm still on board for a Bronco is because it's the only vehicle that "checks all my boxes". If I could fit safely & comfortably in a JL Wrangler, the Bronco would be meaningless to me.

But, as it is, the Bronco is the only 4x4 with a manual trans that a 6'6" dude can buy new in '22('23) without banging his head on a sport bar...
Agreed. The Bronco is MUCH roomier inside than a Wrangler. 2 door Bronco is perfect for me and better than 4 door Bronco too.

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

ok, so for whatever reason, the "watch thread" didn't notify me of the last 3 pages of replies.

So, to catch up:

We had zero picked up for scheduling last week.

We have received around 15 or so scheduled since May. Not sure where the "1" came from. We had 8 scheduled in June (or July, I forget) that we didn't think would happen. I had high expectations that at least the remaining Raptor orders (I think there's two more left) would get scheduled last week, but that didn't happen either.

Switching was allowed by Ford and we received at least 250 customers by switches through Ford. In fact, we had one or two switched to us AFTER Ford said "no more switching".

Ford is changing the allocation model again. We're digesting their new model, not sure if it's good or bad, but on the surface, based on our numbers in the past year, it can't be bad for us. We'll see.

/john

Gyddeup

Wildtrak
First Name
Amiee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

ok, so for whatever reason, the "watch thread" didn't notify me of the last 3 pages of replies.

So, to catch up:

We had zero picked up for scheduling last week.

We have received around 15 or so scheduled since May. Not sure where the "1" came from. We had 8 scheduled in June (or July, I forget) that we didn't think would happen. I had high expectations that at least the remaining Raptor orders (I think there's two more left) would get scheduled last week, but that didn't happen either.

Switching was allowed by Ford and we received at least 250 customers by switches through Ford. In fact, we had one or two switched to us AFTER Ford said "no more switching".

Ford is changing the allocation model again. We're digesting their new model, not sure if it's good or bad, but on the surface, based on our numbers in the past year, it can't be bad for us. We'll see.

/john
Any previews for this week?