Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD and 2012 Audi A5 Cabrio
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's funny, is that 99% of people after that bad treatment from Ford will gladly place another retail order
Nope. I can assure you that my current SAC Bronco order will be my last Ford Motor Company purchase.

long_road

Big Bend
First Name
TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202? 4dr CG Big Bend 2.3 7MT (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ha, I'm on the fence. Should I be more upset about the way Ford has handled this? Probably.

But... there's still no other vehicle out there that "excites" me like the Bronco does. I'm sure that'll wear off eventually. But at the moment, I'm probably in the 99% that would just place another retail order and continue holding out hope I might one day actually get one...

Biggest thing that might move me away from buying one is all this chatter about the manual trans making weird noises. If there's an issue with the MT, that'd be my "final straw". The whole reason I'm into the Bronco is because they offer it in a manual (and it's more comfortable than a Wrangler). Otherwise, I'd just go get a new 4Runner.

blumtn

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'83 Toyota 4x4, '93 FJ80, '01 F250 4x4, '86 FXRS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm in the one percent and have already come pretty close to walking away a couple of times. If it wasn't for the manual AND removable top, I would probably just dump a bunch of money into my FJ80 and call it a day.

BHearn9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I reached out to John via email yesterday with the same questions around remaining number of existing orders post-COVP verification etc, current constraints and allocation numbers and he hasn't responded as of yet. No big. I honestly think that FoMoCo would try everything at their disposal to alleviate the backorders from the legacy reservation system, partic for SAC and Granger. I wonder how many open orders are still out there in this regard. There cannot be many compared with the number of Broncos that are being built. FoMoCo has turned their back on these dealers simply because those people wanted a better buying price in writing and the ever evolving and forever confusing allocation formulas has made it even more difficult and has rendered the initial reservation process null and void. This will probably be my last FoMoCo purchase and that has zero to do with John or SAC as they are both straight shooters. Personally I'd like to have a conversation with the FoMoCo rep that John engages with but we all know that will never happen.
Any word from John? Hope everything is ok and he's just busy.

Sponsored

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any word from John? Hope everything is ok and he's just busy.
The man is a manager in a busy store that is nearing the end of the quarter and the end of the year. I'd suspect his plate is very full.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The man is a manager in a busy store that is nearing the end of the quarter and the end of the year. I'd suspect his plate is very full.
has yours been built yet? i see on the tracker it was supposed to be built 11/28. If John goes 2 months without an update (10 days away) , we will be looking to you and the other first 2023 builds to let us know how the price protection worked, whats going on over at SAC, etc.

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
has yours been built yet? i see on the tracker it was supposed to be built 11/28. If John goes 2 months without an update (10 days away) , we will be looking to you and the other first 2023 builds to let us know how the price protection worked, whats going on over at SAC, etc.
Mine moved to 12/5. No details yet, back door shows scheduled for 12/5.

cnesbit

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Door '22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Been posting in the 10/31 thread, but my alerts haven't been showing up for the SAC thread...I digress - 11/4 blend, 43/942, 6868 rotation, confirmed chip hold with Ford chat last week with an ETA of 12/19-12/25 delivery to SAC. Then my tracker flipped to built as of 12/3, and my ETA changed to 12/5-12/11. Yesterday the backdoor changed again to where it currently is, 12/28-1/3, so who even knows what dates are reasonable at this point. Happy to see progress and movement at any rate, even if they keep finding new little ways to make us irritated.

Sponsored

cnesbit

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Door '22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Been posting in the 10/31 thread, but my alerts haven't been showing up for the SAC thread...I digress - 11/4 blend, 43/942, 6868 rotation, confirmed chip hold with Ford chat last week with an ETA of 12/19-12/25 delivery to SAC. Then my tracker flipped to built as of 12/3, and my ETA changed to 12/5-12/11. Yesterday the backdoor changed again to where it currently is, 12/28-1/3, so who even knows what dates are reasonable at this point. Happy to see progress and movement at any rate, even if they keep finding new little ways to make us irritated.
Had to lol, checked it again once more today and its now 12/9-12/15.
Ford Bronco The Plan & Offer - Stephens Auto Center's Mid Atlantic Bronco Connection giphy (2)

shnider10

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs