John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

John, could you please illustrate how our out-the-door costs change by removing Lux-Sas-MIC, with the incentive from Ford. Thanks!

Here’s what everyone can do to get an estimate if their out-the-door price:

Build the Bronco on Ford.com

Take the MSRP and multiply that by 96.5%, that will give you an idea of the invoice. Subtract $1250 from the invoice (our offer) and subtract the additional $2500 from Ford if you drop Lux, Sasquatch and MIC from the build.

That’s an estimate of course, but it will be in the ballpark.

If a ballpark estimate doesn’t work for you, then I can’t help until the invoice is generated by Ford after the build goes to the plant.

/john
Sponsored

Gyddeup

Wildtrak
First Name
Amiee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wonder if John (and the SAC team) had had any idea way back at the start how this whole thing was going to go down, if they'd have still made their initial below-invoice offer on these forums? I have to think at this point the amount of time John spends keeping us up to date on all the latest Ford shenanigans is pretty excruciating for him.

(I don't mean this to sound like I'm not appreciative. Quite the opposite. I think we all realize the effort SAC has put forth, and we are thankful.)
I think had the dealers known that Ford was going to give them arbitrary allocation numbers AFTER they had put all of this effort in and sold a large number of Broncos that they certainly would have thought twice about doing anything special for the Bronco community.

Faust

Badlands
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado - Company Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if John (and the SAC team) had had any idea way back at the start how this whole thing was going to go down, if they'd have still made their initial below-invoice offer on these forums? I have to think at this point the amount of time John spends keeping us up to date on all the latest Ford shenanigans is pretty excruciating for him.

(I don't mean this to sound like I'm not appreciative. Quite the opposite. I think we all realize the effort SAC has put forth, and we are thankful.)
As Gyddeup mentioned - They probably had no idea.

Bronco was the first product they rolled out with the reservation system. The expectation from Ford was that you were going to be built in the order from when everyone made their reservation.

Ford all of a sudden changed their direction the following year. Those "other" dealerships that pride themselves on not being transparent or forthcoming with their pricing got mad that these awesome dealerships promoting the Bronco brand and generating excitement were getting all the orders. It was even said Ford was praising Granger at one of their meetings before they changed everything up.

At the end of the day ... The dealers are Ford's customers. They made a decision that seemed best to the Karens of the dealership world. Yes - we, the consumer (or at least some of us), have to suffer through some of the pains of being Ford's guinea pigs; however, having dealerships like Stephens and Granger make this entire process better and worth the wait.

Can you imagine some of the other Bronco order holders out there that aren't on the forums and get no communication from their dealership? When they arrive to pick up their long-awaited vehicle - they're slapped with an ADM that was never disclosed. No thanks.

This is all on Ford. Thankfully we're with one of the good-guy dealerships.

cap12271

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Here’s what everyone can do to get an estimate if their out-the-door price:

Build the Bronco on Ford.com

Take the MSRP and multiply that by 96.5%, that will give you an idea of the invoice. Subtract $1250 from the invoice (our offer) and subtract the additional $2500 from Ford if you drop Lux, Sasquatch and MIC from the build.

That’s an estimate of course, but it will be in the ballpark.

If a ballpark estimate doesn’t work for you, then I can’t help until the invoice is generated by Ford after the build goes to the plant.

/john
does price protection also apply? Should it not stack with the $2500 offer?

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Should be msrp from DORA *.965 - $100 deposit -$1250 SAC deal - private offer (amount dependent on original trim, #doors, and date reserved) - $2500 incentive (if applicable) * 1.06 (State tax, PA for example)

Sponsored

JPNBronco

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Price protection is given as a refund after the fact. You will pay full price and then get two checks back. So it sucks if you are financing, but you get the money back

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Price protection is given as a refund after the fact. You will pay full price and then get two checks back. So it sucks if you are financing, but you get the money back
the 2023 price protection chart/thread says the full amount is supposed to come off at time of delivery. in 2022, yes, multiple checks were received up to 100+ days after delivery. not sure how its going to work for the 2022 buyers that still havent yet collected. Dont know if they get it all at once at signing or checks in the mail.

Crowza

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 2 Door, '05 Victory Vegas 8-Ball
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

JPNBronco

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the 2023 price protection chart/thread says the full amount is supposed to come off at time of delivery. in 2022, yes, multiple checks were received up to 100+ days after delivery. not sure how its going to work for the 2022 buyers that still havent yet collected. Dont know if they get it all at once at signing or checks in the mail.
Excellent!

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

PP comes in two stages, one at the time of delivery, which shows immediately in our Ford software, the second is determined later by Ford, and we do not give the second tier of PP at the time of delivery because we do not know exactly what that amount will be, so we have to wait on Ford. Some dealers are giving both as an estimated amount for the second part and most of those other dealers are charging 5-20k above MSRP and can afford to apply an estimated amount of PP at the time of purchase. We're selling below invoice, we cannot afford to guess and lose further money on the deal.

/john

DeggoT93

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
PP comes in two stages, one at the time of delivery, which shows immediately in our Ford software, the second is determined later by Ford, and we do not give the second tier of PP at the time of delivery because we do not know exactly what that amount will be, so we have to wait on Ford. Some dealers are giving both as an estimated amount for the second part and most of those other dealers are charging 5-20k above MSRP and can afford to apply an estimated amount of PP at the time of purchase. We're selling below invoice, we cannot afford to guess and lose further money on the deal.

/john

DeggoT93

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Great to see you back John!! Hope you doing well. I was scheduled today as well. #33 on the most recent list. 7-17-20 reservation for a base with MIC/SAS. Sorry to anyone I jumped ahead of. Best of luck to all still waiting
Sponsored