Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just swapped too! Coming all the way from NH.
Plan is to fly down and have a scenic drive back home.

Ford Marketing mentioned that they are getting a lot of people switching to Stephens.
Sponsored

Proudy202

Black Diamond
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just swapped too! Coming all the way from NH.
Plan is to fly down and have a scenic drive back home.

Ford Marketing mentioned that they are getting a lot of people switching to Stephens.
I've made the swap too! Well I actually cancelled my first res and made a new one.

I'm from the UK and with Covid destroying my chance of travelling home this year I've got to make up for it next year, and I'm going to become an uncle any day now too so have no choice but to visit!

So a late 21 or early 22 delivery actually works better for me and hopefully my cancellation bumps one of you guys on here up a space!!

I live in MA, me and the girlfriend plan on flying down and staying with her brother (he's 3hours from Stephens) I'm hoping I can plan it well to fly in, collect the Bronco, spend sometime with her Brother then have a steady drive home taking in the scenery ?

Look forward to meeting you John!

BroncOBX

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.polaris-intel.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150 FX4; Mavic 2 Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm giving a ton of thought to switching to Stephens. I'm coming from I-95 hell in North/Central Virginia.

One transportation option that sounds great to me is the train. Direct flights to Yeager are not an option. Coming from the extended DC area, westbound Amtrak train 51 stops in Charleston, WV around 8:30 pm (Eastbound Amtrak train 50 is scheduled to stop around 8:20 am).

So that is $50-75 for a one-way ticket, another $100ish for a hotel room and a fun 5.5 hour drive home. Quite easy.

The Cardinal Service is a three-times-a-week train between NY-Penn Station and Chicago with stops in Philly, Baltimore, Washington, DC, Charlottesville, Charleston, WV, Cincinnati, Indianapolis and many smaller stops along the way.

Per Amtrak.com Cardinal Service is not adversely impacted by Covid as of today (10/11/20). In fact, saw on the mobile app that two Cardinals (Eastbound 50 and Westbound 51) pass through my neck o'the Virginia woods on Friday.

Visit the Amtrak link often: https://www.amtrak.com/routes/cardinal-train.html

Last edited:

bronco247

Wildtrak
First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Hyundai Accent
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did my reservation today with Stephens for a 4-door OBX. About a 5-hour drive from the Triangle in NC.
I might be driving from NC as well to WV to pick up my truck. Let's be in touch through the forum if we have deliveries during the same week so that if you are interested we can travel together and be back to Triangle by driving our Bronco's.

Sponsored

Crowza

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 2 Door, '05 Victory Vegas 8-Ball
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm giving a ton of thought to switching to Stephens. I'm coming from I-95 hell in North/Central Virginia.

One transportation option that sounds great to me is the train. Direct flights to Yeager are not an option. Coming from the extended DC area, westbound Amtrak train 51 stops in Charleston, WV around 8:30 pm (Eastbound Amtrak train 50 is scheduled to stop around 8:20 am).

So that is $50-75 for a one-way ticket, another $100ish for a hotel room and a fun 5.5 hour drive home. Quite easy.

The Cardinal Service is a three-times-a-week train between NY-Penn Station and Chicago with stops in Philly, Baltimore, Washington, DC, Charlottesville, Charleston, WV, Cincinnati, Indianapolis and many smaller stops along the way.

Per Amtrak.com Cardinal Service is not adversely impacted by Covid as of today (10/11/20). In fact, saw on the mobile app that two Cardinals (Eastbound 50 and Westbound 51) pass through my neck o'the Virginia woods on Friday.

Visit the Amtrak link often: https://www.amtrak.com/routes/cardinal-train.html
I've taken Amtrack to/from DC to Charleston before.

It's an easy drive to Stephens from the Amtrack station. Shorter than from Yeager (CRW), but not by much. 20-30 minutes from the train station to Stephens and about 25-35 minutes from Yeager (CRW). I would suggest getting an Uber or Lyft, over a car rental if you are flying in or taking the train.

Like I said before, I can give people rides, based on my schedule. Stephens had also said they would schedule some pickups from the airport, etc. When the time for delivery gets closer next year, we will have a lot better idea of how to get people to/from Stephens as they come into town.

Crowza

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 2 Door, '05 Victory Vegas 8-Ball
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m thinking of renting a car one from MD to WV .
Hopefully I can drop car off at or close to Stephens .
There is an Enterprise Rent-A-Car about 15 minutes past Stephens in Chapmanville, WV.

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m thinking of renting a car one from MD to WV .
Hopefully I can drop car off at or close to Stephens .
I was thinking about doing the same or a flight which appears to be only around $150, but not direct. Have you checked rental companies and pricing?

CFC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee overland
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was thinking about doing the same or a flight which appears to be only around $150, but not direct. Have you checked rental companies and pricing?
No but One of the guys that works for me brother works for enterprise so I could get it for around $50
There is an Enterprise Rent-A-Car about 15 minutes past Stephens in
There is an Enterprise Rent-A-Car about 15 minutes past Stephens in Chapmanville, WV.
[/QUO
TE]

Sponsored

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the info!

Unfortunately, Enterprise's website tells me that one-way rental from northern VA to there is not possible. :(

I suspect that this location is co-located at a car dealer, so they don't have Enterprise-dedicated vehicle storage space for excess vehicles.

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks for the info!

Unfortunately, Enterprise's website tells me that one-way rental from northern VA to there is not possible. :(

I suspect that this location is co-located at a car dealer, so they don't have Enterprise-dedicated vehicle storage space for excess vehicles.

I believe there's an Enterprise Rental at CRW airport (Yeager) that will accept 1-way rentals. Check to make sure. If it does, then we will pick you up at the airport.

/john

Milamdj

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is Stephens Auto matching the Granger 2k below invoice?

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Is Stephens Auto matching the Granger 2k below invoice?

No. We're sticking to our original 1k under invoice plan.

/john

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe there's an Enterprise Rental at CRW airport (Yeager) that will accept 1-way rentals. Check to make sure. If it does, then we will pick you up at the airport.

/john
Thank you very much for the offer, John! To my surprise, when I tried Enterprise Yeager, the website said no one-ways, too.

Now that I think about it, I'm going to call these locations directly, and see what their staff says. I'm having a hard time believing the website's statement that the airport location won't take one-ways.
Sponsored