Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you kindly Used2Jeep!

Incidentally I am in the process of selling my Wrangler...
Not interested in the Wrangler but someone that is dropping their reservation might be. :LOL: :LOL:
Sponsored

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you imagine the "seat of the pants torque rating" of the 5.38s on a base Base manual in Crawl gear???? DAYUMMMM!
Yup, crawl ratio of 108.45:1 !

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There was a lot of information presented by Ford on January 13, 2021 and we want to go through what's most important to our customers; allocation numbers, production and the supply chain.

First, let's go over the timeline as presented by Ford:

Ford Bronco The Plan & Offer - Stephens Auto Center's Mid Atlantic Bronco Connection Bronco rollout plan Jan 13 2021

The above timeline should give you a feel for how things are going to progress in the coming months.

Now, let's get to allocation and ordering.....

We want to go over everything we know, and a couple of the things we *think* we know. Per Ford, if you prefer a MY22 instead of a MY21, you may wait and not order during the first order window from January to March 2021. The MY22 orders will open up later/sometime in the Summer of 21. If you're unsure of a MY21 or MY22, keep in mind, there will be other options becoming available later, including different colors of paint and of course, if your build contains late availability options as listed below, you may want to choose a MY22.

There are far more reservations made than Ford believes possible to be built in MY21. We're hearing (pure speculation) that the plans are for 60,000 to be built in MY21. Also, some considered options that were available will be deleted and readded at a later date, this was something Ford considered early on based on commodities/supplies and the situation with covid.

The supply chain (commodities) will affect your build just as much as 1) where you are in-line compared to every other reservation before yours, and 2) what the earlier time-stamped customers order (package, accessories, late availability, etc. may cause earlier timestamps to be delayed even further than yours). We cannot stress this enough and the explanation is rather lengthy, but something everyone that's looking to get an early delivery must understand. Regardless if you have a first-hour-first-day timestamp, the supply chain will determine your delivery as much as anything else in the process, along with the number of folks with timestamps before you that are also ordering available builds, which increases the number built before yours AND the number of Broncos that are being built per-month by Ford.

Here's how to look at it, and this is all hypothetical until actual numbers are known:

If your timestamp is Day 1, Hour 1, at the 59 minute and 59 second mark and there's 19,999 others that have timestamps before your timestamp, there may or may not be, depending on commodities/supply chain, 19,999 Broncos in-line to be built before yours. If Ford says they can build 10,000 per-month and there's 19,999 before your timestamp that can be built (if Ford has the appropriate number of commodities from the supply chain), you are going to have, at a minimum, a second month build and into the third month for delivery. Several factors are involved in this, including commodities/supply, particular packages being built and of course, how many Broncos are to be built by Ford in a given month (rumor is, Ford is looking to build 60,000 units this year). Then, and only then, are allocation factors an issue. The bottom line is, the available supplies have as much impact on when a Bronco will be built as anything else in the process.

There will be a lot of questions regarding these issues, some of which cannot be answered until the orders are placed. Ford knows this, that's why they've stated that for much of these issues, we'll know the answers come May 2021.

Neither Ford or our dealership can control the supply chain issues, most of which are being affected by covid.

Here are several commodity items that may cause late availability, and this list is subject to change based upon the final order from those that convert reservations into ordering (ie. If you switch from a 2.7L that you originally listed to the 2.3L, the number of available 2.7L doesn't go necessarily go up because another reservation holder will be allocated that engine, and the number of available 2.3L will go down, therefore potentially delaying the delivery of 2.3L which isn't expected at this time to be delayed).:

Extended Wait Time Items:

2.7L Ecoboost Engines, Lux Package, Sasquatch Package, Leather Seat Option, Wildtrak (Standard w/ Squatch), Hard Top, 2-Door

Currently, there's free demand on the following options, based on specifications in the reservations, so we expect no delays on the following:

Big Bend, 4-Door, 2.3L, Soft Top.

Late Summer Deliveries:

Black Painted Modular Hard Top, Dual Tops (Soft Top + Hard Top, both shipped w/ vehicle), All Black Interior Seating on FE

MY22 Delivering after Jan 22

Manual Transmission with Squatch, Matching Body Color Painted Modular Hard Top, Contrasting White Painted Modular Hard Top, Roof Rack with 4 Door Squatch package, Slide Out Tailgate that is factory installed as opposed to dealer channel accessory which will be available Mid-21.

Once again, let me reemphasize the situation, these projected commodities will only stay in their respective delivery date categories as long as the anticipated and previously expressed reservations remain relatively the same. If a large number of reservists change their engines, packages, options, etc. then the commodities available will change and we could have an entirely different list of late availability items.

It has been suggested on various message boards/groups that only those with time-stamps in the first few days will be getting a MY21 Bronco. We don't know the number of reservations that were taken within these first few days, nor will we know how many have cancelled, will cancel or will either fail to place an order or defer to the MY22 order banks.

The order banks are opening LATE on January 19th, so we can anticipate orders will start taking place on January 20th. We are going to try and go down our list in time-stamp order.

Our estimated allocation is 70. That number should rise with the number of conversions from reservations to orders. With the possibility of cancellations, deferrals to MY22, failure to order, etc. we have reason to believe that we'll be ok with that number as compared to the rest of the dealers and the MY21 cut-off due to the 60,000 level of production.

I am heading out of the office for the weekend, but I'll be back on Monday bright and early answering voicemails or emails (preferred). See everyone then! Have a safe and enjoyable weekend everyone!

/john

SPS4

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There was a lot of information presented by Ford on January 13, 2021 and we want to go through what's most important to our customers; allocation numbers, production and the supply chain.

Ford Bronco The Plan & Offer - Stephens Auto Center's Mid Atlantic Bronco Connection Bronco rollout plan Jan 13 2021

The above timeline should give you a feel for how things are going to progress in the coming months.

We want to go over everything we know, and a couple of the things we *think* we know. Per Ford, if you prefer a MY22 instead of a MY21, you may wait and not order during the first order window from January to March 2021. The MY22 orders will open up later/sometime in the Summer of 21. If you're unsure of a MY21 or MY22, keep in mind, there will be other options becoming available later, including different colors of paint and of course, if your build contains late availability options as listed below, you may want to choose a MY22.

There are far more reservations made than Ford believes possible to be built in MY21. We're hearing (pure speculation) that the plans are for 60,000 to be built in MY21. Also, some considered options that were available will be deleted and readded at a later date, this was something Ford considered early on based on commodities/supplies and the situation with covid.

The supply chain (commodities) will affect your build just as much as 1) where you are in-line compared to every other reservation before yours, and 2) what the earlier time-stamped customers order (package, accessories, late availability, etc. may cause earlier timestamps to be delayed even further than yours). We cannot stress this enough and the explanation is rather lengthy, but something everyone that's looking to get an early delivery must understand. Regardless if you have a first-hour-first-day timestamp, the supply chain will determine your delivery as much as anything else in the process, along with the number of folks with timestamps before you that are also ordering available builds, which increases the number built before yours AND the number of Broncos that are being built per-month by Ford.

Here's how to look at it, and this is all hypothetical until actual numbers are known:

If your timestamp is Day 1, Hour 1, at the 59 minute and 59 second mark and there's 19,999 others that have timestamps before your timestamp, there may or may not be, depending on commodities/supply chain, 19,999 Broncos in-line to be built before yours. If Ford says they can build 10,000 per-month and there's 19,999 before your timestamp that can be built (if Ford has the appropriate number of commodities from the supply chain), you are going to have, at a minimum, a second month build and into the third month for delivery. Several factors are involved in this, including commodities/supply, particular packages being built and of course, how many Broncos are to be built by Ford in a given month (rumor is, Ford is looking to build 60,000 units this year). Then, and only then, are allocation factors an issue. The bottom line is, the available supplies have as much impact on when a Bronco will be built as anything else in the process.

There will be a lot of questions regarding these issues, some of which cannot be answered until the orders are placed. Ford knows this, that's why they've stated that for much of these issues, we'll know the answers come May 2021.

Neither Ford or our dealership can control the supply chain issues, most of which are being affected by covid.

Here are several commodity items that may cause late availability, and this list is subject to change based upon the final order from those that convert reservations into ordering (ie. If you switch from a 2.7L that you originally listed to the 2.3L, the number of available 2.7L doesn't go necessarily go up because another reservation holder will be allocated that engine, and the number of available 2.3L will go down, therefore potentially delaying the delivery of 2.3L which isn't expected at this time to be delayed).:

2.7L Ecoboost Engines, Lux Package, Sasquatch Package, Leather Seat Option, Wildtrak (Standard w/ Squatch), Hard Top, 2-Door

Currently, there's free demand on the following options, based on specifications in the reservations, so we expect no delays on the following:

Late Summer Deliveries:

Black Painted Modular Hard Top, Dual Tops (Soft Top + Hard Top, both shipped w/ vehicle), All Black Interior Seating on FE

Manual Transmission with Squatch, Matching Body Color Painted Modular Hard Top, Contrasting White Painted Modular Hard Top, Roof Rack with 4 Door Squatch package, Slide Out Tailgate that is factory installed as opposed to dealer channel accessory which will be available Mid-21.

Once again, let me reemphasize the situation, these projected commodities will only stay in their respective delivery date categories as long as the anticipated and previously expressed reservations remain relatively the same. If a large number of reservists change their engines, packages, options, etc. then the commodities available will change and we could have an entirely different list of late availability items.

It has been suggested on various message boards/groups that only those with time-stamps in the first few days will be getting a MY21 Bronco. We don't know the number of reservations that were taken within these first few days, nor will we know how many have cancelled, will cancel or will either fail to place an order or defer to the MY22 order banks.

The order banks are opening LATE on January 19th, so we can anticipate orders will start taking place on January 20th. We are going to try and go down our list in time-stamp order.

Our estimated allocation is 70. That number should rise with the number of conversions from reservations to orders. With the possibility of cancellations, deferrals to MY22, failure to order, etc. we have reason to believe that we'll be ok with that number as compared to the rest of the dealers and the MY21 cut-off due to the 60,000 level of production.

I am heading out of the office for the weekend, but I'll be back on Monday bright and early answering voicemails or emails (preferred). See everyone then! Have a safe and enjoyable weekend everyone!

/john
Thanks for the information. I think you will convert a large percentage of your reservations which will solve the allocation issues for most.

Sponsored

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for keeping us updated John

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Late Summer Deliveries:

/john
Another great update!

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the information. I think you will convert a large percentage of your reservations which will solve the allocation issues for most.
How would that solve the allocation issue for most? I guess if the country had a very low conversion percentage overall and Stephen’s was very high, but that is unlikely. Stephen’s will probable be high, but they’re not going to triple their allocation, which would be what it would take to fix it for “most” of their reservation holders. Most will likely get a 2022.

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

How would that solve the allocation issue for most? I guess if the country had a very low conversion percentage overall and Stephen’s was very high, but that is unlikely. Stephen’s will probable be high, but they’re not going to triple their allocation, which would be what it would take to fix it for “most” of their reservation holders. Most will likely get a 2022.

You must keep in mind, the total production is suspected to be around 60,000 or so units. If that's the case, there's nothing that's going to up that number. We will up our allocation a few units based on the number of folks that convert their reservations to orders, it's part of the formula.

/john

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good info. I've been lurking on this thread for awhile. If my dealer won't budge on price I'll be switching over and taking a road trip from PA.

Sponsored

Lothbrok

Badlands
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks John. There are a lot of variables that have been thrown at us this week, most we had an idea were coming. There is a lot of critical thinking that needs to be done this weekend now to make a decision that best fits our build.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You must keep in mind, the total production is suspected to be around 60,000 or so units. If that's the case, there's nothing that's going to up that number. We will up our allocation a few units based on the number of folks that convert their reservations to orders, it's part of the formula.

/john
Please don't make us "math in public". :LOL:

BigRed

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

/john
I still want my order Placed before the order bank closes 3-19-2021 reguardless of the chances of it being filled in 2021.

Will that be done?????????????